Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Bismack MIGHT be gettable for MLE.
    Honestly I'd look to get a PF with that MLE money and give the backup C spot to Bebe. Scola is only signed for 1 year, so if we re-sign Biyombo, we'll have a huge hole at PF.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      All 3 guys are great defenders. Plus Biyombo isn't an elite shot blocker, Whiteside is.
      BB averaging 1.5 BLK/g in 22 mins/g. He ranks 15th in the league. Everybody else a head of him is averaging at least 24.5 mins/g(except two Henson and Bogut).
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
        Didn't wanna sound bias to skew the numbers since we technically have a better record, but yeah, we've handled them nicely this year.
        Pretty sure we didn't have the better record the times we played them, our wins pushed us above them. If people want to argue that beating a team with a .673 winning percentage isn't a win to hang your hat on, then I'd just have to agree to disagree with them. I hold those wins in higher regard than the Spurs win, since the Spurs are totally willing to sandbag it some games, whereas the Clippers were definitely trying their best.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          BB averaging 1.5 BLK/g in 22 mins/g. He ranks 15th in the league. Everybody else a head of him is averaging at least 24.5 mins/g(except two Henson and Bogut).
          He is averaging 2.3 blocks per 36 mins...I don't consider 1.5 or 2 blocks per game elite, that is solid. Whiteside is averaging 3.9 blocks in his 28 mins per game, that is elite.

Comment

Honestly I'd look to get a PF with that MLE money and give the backup C spot to Bebe. Scola is only signed for 1 year, so if we re-sign Biyombo, we'll have a huge hole at PF.
            Or pray one of our draft picks turns into a starting caliber PF.

That hole at PF is why trading for Morris seems like such a good idea. You're not going to get anything better than Scola quality with the exceptions (past his prime old dude who wants minutes on a contender).

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              Bismack MIGHT be gettable for MLE.
              I think him and Masai have a good enough relationship to pull that off.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think him and Masai have a good enough relationship to pull that off.
                Would have to be one hell of a relationship to get Biyombo to give up $4-5M per year, leaving something like $15M on the table for a guy whose never made the bug bucks is kinda hard to wrap my head around.

Comment

He is averaging 2.3 blocks per 36 mins...I don't consider 1.5 or 2 blocks per game elite, that is solid. Whiteside is averaging 3.9 blocks in his 28 mins per game, that is elite.
                  You do know second after Whiteside is 2.3 by Anthony Davis. Do you consider AD an elite shot blocker?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You do know second after Whiteside is 2.3 by Anthony Davis. Do you consider AD an elite shot blocker?
                    Not this season no. Last season and the season before that, yes. Just like how Ibaka really isn't as good a shot blocker as he was in previous seasons.

Comment

Not this season no. Last season and the season before that, yes. Just like how Ibaka really isn't as good a shot blocker as he was in previous seasons.
                      AD lead the league last year with 2.9(36.1 min/G) and Ibaka(33.1 min/G) was 3rd with with 2.4
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

AD lead the league last year with 2.9(36.1 min/G) and Ibaka(33.1 min/G) was 3rd with with 2.4
                        Doesnt make it elite. You know what elite is? Whiteside this season, Mutumbo, Eaton, Olajuwon, those guys were elite.

Biyombo averages 1.5 in 22.5 minutes. Do you really think its easy enough for him to average higher than 2 blocks in a few more minutes? If it was that easy, there would be players averaging 7 blocks per game.

Comment

Doesnt make it elite. You know what elite is? Whiteside this season, Mutumbo, Eaton, Olajuwon, those guys were elite.

Biyombo averages 1.5 in 22.5 minutes. Do you really think its easy enough for him to average higher than 2 blocks in a few more minutes? If it was that easy, there would be players averaging 7 blocks per game.
                          As a starter this year he was just under 2. Does guys you mention don't play anymore. Whats the point to compare them to BB? Never said all time great. Just said he was elite in today's league.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

As a starter this year he was just under 2. Does guys you mention don't play anymore. Whats the point to compare them to BB? Never said all time great. Just said he was elite in today's league.
                            Because those guys were elite shot blockers, Biyombo is a solid one, not elite.

You overrate Biyombo way too much.

Comment

Because those guys were elite shot blockers, Biyombo is a solid one, not elite.

You overrate Biyombo way too much.
                              Maybe in the 90's but, if you rank top 15 as a reserve. That's pretty elite compared to the rest of your peers.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Maybe in the 90's but, if you rank top 15 as a reserve. That's pretty elite compared to the rest of your peers.
                                Well compared to anyone on our team of course he is, but that really isn't much of an accomplishment considering JV isn't a shot blocker.

Comment

Working...
                                X