Game #51: Toronto Raptors @ Detroit Pistons - Feb. 8/16 7:30 PM EST on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I think him and Masai have a good enough relationship to pull that off.
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Would have to be one hell of a relationship to get Biyombo to give up $4-5M per year, leaving something like $15M on the table for a guy whose never made the bug bucks is kinda hard to wrap my head around.
    Have to agree with Primer... No MLE for Biz next year..
    As compares
    Koufous makes 8
    Asik makes 12 ! ?
    and these deals were done prior to the cap going up by a projected 25-30%
    Biz is going to want at least 10M$ and 3 years.. and if Asik can get 12 and be invisible .. Biz at the ripe old age of 23 with no history of injury or being an assmuppet...can get and will get 10M$
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• The only way - only way - Biz comes back for the MLE is if he and Ujiri have a very tight relationship, and he comes back for a two year deal with the second year a player option. After that extra year, he could opt out again the following summer and we would have his early Bird Rights, meaning we could offer him a 4 year deal worth 9-10 M oer year at that point.

Would require a lot of trust and no promises could actually be made. But that is the one and only scenario I can even envision him coming back for the MLE (and I really can't imagine a scenario where we clear cap space for him).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Biz is only 23? Wow. He has a much more mature disposition.

I really like the guy, I like everything that he represents. But I don't see how we can afford to pay him.

Comment

• Another thing I don't get this "Bizmack Biz-ness" is that he was already given such a cheap contract for this level of production. He's not having a career season or anything. I don't see any team giving him more than 6 mil. Sure the cap is exploding, but worst case he earns twice as much as he did last year.. still pretty reasonable asking price with the MLE.

Comment

• So if it's basically a forgone conclusion that Biz can't be resigned, Masai has to be thinking very hard about trading him.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              So if it's basically a forgone conclusion that Biz can't be resigned, Masai has to be thinking very hard about trading him.
              Why?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Why?
                To get a return on an asset.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

So if it's basically a forgone conclusion that Biz can't be resigned, Masai has to be thinking very hard about trading him.
                  If there is value there, then sure. But how much value will there be? The acquiring team would lose him too. There may be more value in him helping the team win for the remainder of the year and then you try to pitch him on that opt-out deal.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    If there is value there, then sure. But how much value will there be? The acquiring team would lose him too. There may be more value in him helping the team win for the remainder of the year and then you try to pitch him on that opt-out deal.
                    I know this has been addressed before, but I can't remember - does the team that has him at the end of the year have any advantage towards resigning him (ie longer contract)?
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

We are not sellers. Masai knew the contract status for Bismack going in, we need him for this stretch drive. A few people are starting to believe the finals is doable.

That backup center will be much more valuable than a 2nd round pick or whatever.

We created the asset out of thin air so to speak (fa) so if we exchange him for cap room this offseason and bebe is ready, then I say no harm, no foul
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        We are not sellers.
                        True.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I know this has been addressed before, but I can't remember - does the team that has him at the end of the year have any advantage towards resigning him (ie longer contract)?
                          Nope. Need Bird Rights for that, and he's nowhere near having them (only on his first year since switching teams in free agency, need three). He won't even have early Bird Rights, which would allow his team to offer him an MLE-ish-level deal without cap room or an exception. Just regular non-Bird rights, which get him a 4 year deal with only a tiny 20% raise from this year's salary. So pretty much zero advantage.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                            Biz is only 23? Wow. He has a much more mature disposition.

I really like the guy, I like everything that he represents. But I don't see how we can afford to pay him.
                            I think his age was in question when he was drafted, can't remember if it was ever a real controversy or not though.

Comment

Sorry but this makes absolutely zero sense.

There's no need to sell on Bismack unless it's a move to make the team better, just getting an asset for him is pointless because it'd probably just be a 2nd round pick coming back or mediocre prospect. We need him to play backup center for us, plus it's still possible that he could be re-signed for the MLE depending on how much he wants to be in Toronto. Remember he has a very good relationship with Masai and may be willing to take $5M per year to be in a comfortable, winning environment (especially if we make a deep run) rather than get $6-7M somewhere else to be on a weak team.

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to include BB in a trade for a PF upgrade, precisely because odds are he's gone this summer anyway. But I don't sell him off for a 2nd rounder or something.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X