No announcement yet.

Game #52: Toronto Raptors 112 - Minnesota Timberwolves 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got this game recorded, had family stuff last night. Going to be sitting down to watch it and find out what the fuss is this morning. Was it really THAT BAD of a loss?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Got this game recorded, had family stuff last night. Going to be sitting down to watch it and find out what the fuss is this morning. Was it really THAT BAD of a loss?
      Whenever you lose to a bottom 5 team, it's a bad loss

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        That leaves a big hole in the middle, though.
        It's not hard to find serviceable center. Or you get a guy like Horford that could play Center.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Package him for a star. His our best trade chip this summer.

I find you to be very objective. Unlike a lot people here. Where JV can do no wrong and when he does it either his teammates or coach's fault. So, I'll ask you a question. Do you see JV being able to guard those rookies for the next 10 years?

If this was the 2000s I would have no problem with JV but, it's not. That center position is going through a transformation. Unless JV learn to guard on the perimeter his going to be a liability. Players like Jokic/KAT are the future of that position. The really good centers will be the ones that can play on the block and on the perimeter. If you can only do one of the two than you can be serviceable like JV is. That just my opinion.
          JV , Ross & CoJo are our best pieces for the future (post Lowry prime, during DeMar prime and beyond) I buy into the patience preach when it comes to these three... untouchable unless it's a no brainer.

Right now we have an excellent balance of experience and youth . As Lowry lrogresses last prime, DeMar is hitting it... as DeMar progresses to a vet Ross & JV hit prime .

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I guess Masai really effed up by giving so much money to a such an overmatched player. And certainly no other GM would be foolish enough to give up anything of value for him, seeing as he's such a consistently bad match up.
            He isn't now. Cause we still have other slow footed Centers like him. In a couple years might be a different story. That's why I feel like you should sell high right now.
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Feb 11, 2016, 11:58 AM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It's not hard to find serviceable center. Or you get a guy like Horford that could play Center.
              People keep saying stuff like this, or that we can trade Ross because it's not hard to find 3&D guys. If it was easy to find a guy like JV, he'd have much, much lower trade value.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

His not now. Cause we still have other slow footed Centers like him. In a couple years might be a different story. That's why I feel like you should sell high right now.
                But, surely other GMs must be anticipating the same thing? Based on the case you're making, JV's stock shouldn't be very high at all right now.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• So Christian thinks JV is both a bad player but also a major trade chip?

Sounds about right.

Comment

Package him for a star. His our best trade chip this summer.

I find you to be very objective. Unlike a lot people here. Where JV can do no wrong and when he does it either his teammates or coach's fault. So, I'll ask you a question. Do you see JV being able to guard those rookies for the next 10 years?

If this was the 2000s I would have no problem with JV but, it's not. That center position is going through a transformation. Unless JV learn to guard on the perimeter his going to be a liability. Players like Jokic/KAT are the future of that position. The really good centers will be the ones that can play on the block and on the perimeter. If you can only do one of the two than you can be serviceable like JV is. That just my opinion.
                    How do you package him for a star if he can't guard his position like you say

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                      JV , Ross & CoJo are our best pieces for the future (post Lowry prime, during DeMar prime and beyond) I buy into the patience preach when it comes to these three... untouchable unless it's a no brainer.

Right now we have an excellent balance of experience and youth . As Lowry lrogresses last prime, DeMar is hitting it... as DeMar progresses to a vet Ross & JV hit prime .
                      I guess your counting on internal growth for the team to get better. No one else on the team has that type of value to bring back big name player.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Still have a hole at PF.

Comment

• Well, if Masai decides to go all in in a few seasons, then I wouldn't be surprised if JV or DD gets traded.

Comment

• I really do see JV developing into Marc Gasol.. once he trust that mid-range jumper, and get a larger role in the offence or an offence built around him.. he is showing signs of a developing passing game. The guy is 23 . Give it 2 years max.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              People keep saying stuff like this, or that we can trade Ross because it's not hard to find 3&D guys. If it was easy to find a guy like JV, he'd have much, much lower trade value.
                              JV is an offensive center. If he get another high usage guy than were no using JV's best skill. Basically at that point we'd only need a Center that can play D and rebound. KL/DD/Al is enough offensive fire power.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                12 points on 4/4 shooting, making those guys look like rookies defending him. He had his way on every opportunity, whether it was scoring, getting fouled, or finding an open guy for a 3.

You need to establish the "inside" game if you want to play an "inside-out" offense. There were times JV was wide open or had smaller guys on him after a switch, but DD and Lowry (and Joseph at times, surprisingly) forced their game way too much.
                                This game looked like it was lost due to lack of defence and not offence. Agree, that JV needs more touches, but as far as this game goes, it wasn't lost because he didn't get the ball enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X