No announcement yet.

Game #52: Toronto Raptors 112 - Minnesota Timberwolves 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also I hope you guys are right about us not being that bad statistically in tight close games because the eye test to me is saying something completely different.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      I've been arguing for more than a month that the best place to use JV at this point is at the elbow, and he should get more touches there. Perfect place for him to make passes to DeMar/Ross/DeMarre on back cuts, or punish the defense if they sag off him, or initiate a set for a 3pt shot.
      Agreed. He should definitely be used more there and more in general but this thing that people think we should just keep feeding JV and that will be the difference between us winning and losing is crazy. Trust me when we lose it isn't because JV only got 4 shots (even though that's bad and he should get more) it's because we can't get stops and we don't play disciplined.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I've been arguing for more than a month that the best place to use JV at this point is at the elbow, and he should get more touches there. Perfect place for him to make passes to DeMar/Ross/DeMarre on back cuts, or punish the defense if they sag off him, or initiate a set for a 3pt shot.
        While it wasn't exactly at the elbow, that play they ran at the end of the game that had JV with the ball on the wing was a complete disaster. Sure, not ideal circumstances. It's too far for him to think about driving even if he could get by KAT (who did not sag off him), and no one got open so all JV could do was pass it back out towards half court. Maybe if it wasn't one of the final possessions, and it was at the elbow, and he wasn't guarded by the ROY and future ALL NBA player, I could see how it might be successful.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
          Also ignoring the fact that the pieces we would he required to send would completely change the team that is currently 2nd in the east. Most likely completely depleting our most useful asset, the bench.
          Horford's just a hypothetical.

Regardless, this roster needs to be improved somehow/some way if we really want to make any noise come April.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Regardless, this roster needs to be improved somehow/some way if we really want to make any noise come April.
            Define "any noise".

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              Define "any noise".
              ECF with an upgrade at the 4
              2nd round of we stand pat

Comment

Define "any noise".
                Win 2 playoff rounds this season. Reach the conference finals.

Comment

Win 2 playoff rounds this season. Reach the conference finals.
                  And that's not possible right now? Or you'd like it to be a certainty as if such a thing were possible?

Comment

If we get bounced in round 1 again there'll be noise alright. lol.

Comment

• Obviously a lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but this seems to be the year if the Raptors have ever had a chance to get to the ECF. Would be an amazing end to what's been a fantastic season!

Comment

And that's not possible right now? Or you'd like it to be a certainty as if such a thing were possible?
                        C'mon now, we're talking about sports. "Certainty" has no meaning here.

All we're dealing with are probabilities, and I'd like to increase said probabilities of being one of the last 4 teams standing.

Comment

Like S.R. mentioned, I think Horford is the type of talent that could have a meaningful impact on this team's ability to "contend" (ignoring the risk associated with acquiring a free agent to be).
                          Horford is the type of talent that if we added him to our current core of DD, KL, DC and JV, we could significantly improve our ability to contend.

Losing JV to get Horford significantly reduces the gains, and might not push us that far, AND narrows the window for our core. The whole point of getting Horford is to play him at PF beside JV.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Horford is the type of talent that if we added him to our current core of DD, KL, DC and JV, we could significantly improve our ability to contend.

Losing JV to get Horford significantly reduces the gains, and might not push us that far, AND narrows the window for our core. The whole point of getting Horford is to play him at PF beside JV.
                            I don't disagree. If there's a way to get Horford while keeping DeRozan, Lowry and Jonas in tact, I'm all for it. But that seems like a pipe dream.

Comment

I don't disagree. If there's a way to get Horford while keeping DeRozan, Lowry and Jonas in tact, I'm all for it. But that seems like a pipe dream.
                              Yeah, well what I'm saying is you don't trade for an expiring contract on the hope he re-signs and at the cost of several major assets unless you are achieving a pipe dream.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, well what I'm saying is you don't trade for an expiring contract on the hope he re-signs and at the cost of several major assets unless you are achieving a pipe dream.
                                It's definitely a gamble. Like the Jays acquiring David Price and hoping he re-signs. Except the Raptors have an ownership group who would be willing to empty their pockets.

Comment

Working...
                                X