Masai Guarantees a Title... Eventually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai Guarantees a Title... Eventually

Strong words from the commander in chief. Let's get it done!

JWash wrote: View Post

Strong words from the commander in chief. Let's get it done!
    let's see if he can back it up first.

Comment

We're still running on that treadmill, Masai..but.. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

Comment

Chalk this up under #WhatElseIsHeGonnaSay

Comment

Yay! As soon as we have a team better than Cleveland and the Warriors stop being unbeatable we'll win a championship!

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Chalk this up under #WhatElseIsHeGonnaSay
            There's a host of other things he could've said or he could've just stopped at "the goal is a championship", didn't need to guarantee anything.

I like his mindset. Big improvement from the days of us supposedly not being able to get good American players because we're in Canada, and as such have to go and get as many Europeans as possible. Or the goal simply being to sneak into the playoffs and hope that magic happens.

It's good to see a GM not satisfied with just making the playoffs or just being good.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
              There's a host of other things he could've said or he could've just stopped at "the goal is a championship", didn't need to guarantee anything.

I like his mindset. Big improvement from the days of us supposedly not being able to get good American players because we're in Canada, and as such have to go and get as many Europeans as possible. Or the goal simply being to sneak into the playoffs and hope that magic happens.

It's good to see a GM not satisfied with just making the playoffs or just being good.
              He also told us to fuck Brooklyn, but we ended up getting fucked by Brooklyn

Words are nice, but status quo has defined much of his tenure so far. I like his enthusiasm too, but time for some real actions.

Comment

I remember when Jermaine O'Neal came into town talking about championships :/
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  He also told us to fuck Brooklyn, but we ended up getting fucked by Brooklyn

Words are nice, but status quo has defined much of his tenure so far. I like his enthusiasm too, but time for some real actions.
                  Why U mad, bro? lol.

Status Quo used to mean laughingstock of the NBA, and sometimes entire sports world. Status Quo used to mean free agents leave here and diss the city on the way out. Status Quo used to mean, no top tier FA wouldn't even pick up the phone, let alone give us a meeting. Status Quo used to mean trotting out prized FA signing like Hedo, Jarrett Jack and Fred Jones as core pieces. Status Quo used to mean being forced to cheer for a soft-ass team full of pussies and pretending to like that.

These days 'Status Quo' means perennial playoff team, trending towards perennial ECF contender and big-time respect around the NBA and sports world, in general.

Having said all that, Casey is on the hot-seat for the playoffs and if the Raps flame out and Casey is re-upped then you've got a legitimate beef against Masai. The man has done good work and maintained flexibility to do more.

Nobody's gonna win the East unless Lebron gets injured and/or starts to decline. The NBA will make sure of that.
                  Last edited by golden; Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

This is a great blanket statement that anyone could say.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Wow, a lot of negative comments from the peanut gallery, considering our franchise has improved leaps and bounds in every way in 2 and a half years.

I guess he should have said "we're just happy to be here"
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        Yay! As soon as we have a team better than Cleveland and the Warriors stop being unbeatable we'll win a championship!

YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!
                        TBH, Cleveland isn't that much better than us right now.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Were contenders as we speak. Every contender has a weak spot though.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

At least he didn't say we'd win a title before Lebron or in the next 5 years like Dan Gilbert and Prokhorov did.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Why U mad, bro? lol.

Status Quo used to mean laughingstock of the NBA, and sometimes entire sports world. Status Quo used to mean free agents leave here and diss the city on the way out. Status Quo used to mean, no top tier FA wouldn't even pick up the phone, let alone give us a meeting. Status Quo used to mean trotting out prized FA signing like Hedo, Jarrett Jack and Fred Jones as core pieces. Status Quo used to mean being forced to cheer for a soft-ass team full of pussies and pretending to like that.

These days 'Status Quo' means perennial playoff team, trending towards perennial ECF contender and big-time respect around the NBA and sports world, in general.

Having said all that, Casey is on the hot-seat for the playoffs and if the Raps flame out and Casey is re-upped then you've got a legitimate beef against Masai. The man has done good work and maintained flexibility to do more.

Nobody's gonna win the East unless Lebron gets injured and/or starts to decline. The NBA will make sure of that.
                              Couple of points:

1. Although, I understand how terribly run this franchise was in the past, I don't like comparing our current situation to those years. The bar has been raised since Masai took over. He's done a masterful job so far, but (perhaps it's the impatient fan in me), I want to see more. I want to see management go balls out and turn this club in a serious threat while the iron is still hot. I'm no longer just happy to be here. I want more dammit!

2. LeBron is human. Kyrie is overrated, and Love is made of styrofoam. Oh, and Lue will always be that pylon who Iverson stepped over . We shouldn't concede the conference just because LeBron hasn't retired yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X