Jack's Moodiness Was Dragging Teammates Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack's Moodiness Was Dragging Teammates Down

Dun, dun, duuuuun ... and the plot thickens.

Anyhow, should this be something to worry about or relieved because it genuinely seems as though Jack actually cared unlike some of his teammates. (*cough ... Hedo ... cough)

Jarrett Jack

Yes, he did well in both roles, as a starter and a backup and played with fire. But insiders will tell you he’s prone to mood swings when things don’t go well and that can drag teammates down.

C
    Source - Click here

Jose Calderon is the better player.

The choice for who I would like to keep would depend on the rest of the personnel + relative value of the trade offers for each player (Jack/Jose).

I would be comfortable going forward with either player as my lead guard.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Dun, dun, duuuuun ... and the plot thickens.

Anyhow, should this be something to worry about or relieved because it genuinely seems as though Jack actually cared unlike some of his teammates. (*cough ... Hedo ... cough)

Source - Click here
      Hedo absolutely cared. The situation just didnt work out. Thats it.

Comment

Come on Dave, Jose is not better.

Jose has been washed up for two years. He has too many games where he simply disappears on the offensive end. As a starting pg, Jose is one of the worst in the NBA.

Giving Jack a C seems pretty harsh. He played hard, brought an intensity that was all too absent from most of the players and was never afraid to take a big shot, take a necessary charge or barrel into the lane to get to the line. I think he exceeded expectations and while he may of accepted his demotion to the bench begrudgingly, it was a move that made no sense and paid no dividends to change the losing attitude of the team.

I'm not sure how many players in the NBA would happily support being benched for an inferior player in the midst of a losing streak when thier play has had no correlation to the teams inadequate performance. Damn right Jack got upset, I actually respect him more for that. I say he was a solid B.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
          Hedo absolutely cared. The situation just didnt work out. Thats it.
          I think he will perform a lot better next season.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Jarrett Jack deserves an "A". He did his job to perfection. Excellent season.

Expecting/demanding more out of role player earning $5 million a year is ridiculous.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

he’s prone to mood swings when things don’t go well
              ... So... Wait... Toronto had a player who was visibly bothered by losing? I learned something new today.

Comment

washed up for two years?
                i hope that was a joke.. 13 and 9 last year is not washed up at all, goodluck getting a point guard who comes close to those numbers.

this year, washed up is still not the word, and if you think hes washed up you clearly dont know how he plays or how he interprets his role on the team. He gets his teamates involved first, including giving the ball to hedo on the offensive end, which will obviously take away from his points. Washed up? absolutely not.

Comment

If/ when JJ had a mood swing is when your Franchise player and team captain should step up and handle it, get in his face and get him on the same page. I've seen Carmelo do it to JR Smith and Kobe does it, its the sign of a leader, sometimes u need someone other than a coach to settle a player down. This team needed leadership and I would have to say JJ gave the most leadership when it shouldve came from others.
                  I'd have a mood swing too if the coach figured that a shakeup was to replace me in the starting line-up instead of who he really wanted to replace but was afraid to.

Comment

spacejam,

Tell me what the value in a point guard driven league is of having a point guard who can neither defend his man nor his teammates, can't drive and kick and gets most of his assists of jump shots. Jose's value is in being a steady back up point guard who can play starters minutes if needed and can occasionally give you an offensive spark.

That's worth 3-4 million tops and at 9 million per he's one of the worst contracts in the league and as a result is being forced down Triano's throat. Replacing Jack in the starting line up was one of the most ridiculous moves in Raptor history, akin to stopping a forest fire with more forest.

Comment

Working...
                    X