Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Released Ultimate Vince Carter Raptors Mix

Wasn't sure where to put this, so it gets it own thread for now:

My childhood hero. Half-Man, Half-Amazing.

Yup. Pretty good.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      Yup. Pretty good.

I love how Vin Baker just walks away with barely a reaction, lol.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

That lob from Dee Brown at the Clippers is still the single-best alley-oop I've ever seen.

Comment

Also my childhood hero. I was already a fan of the nba, and the raptors and grizzlies already. Had been since I was little just like other sports. But more just a semi fan, I couldn't name all 15 players and their respective colleges, I didn't know our record off by heart.

The night of the 2000 slam dunk contest changed all that. I was in a wheelchair in a hospital awaiting appendix surgery the next day. It was showing on a crappy old 26 inch tv. I knew I couldn't miss it. But I was still shocked. After watching those 45 minutes of electricity, it was a "rap" for me. An obsession was born. Raptors forever. But with that said..

I have always loved Vince carter. I rooted hard for him when he was with the Nets even.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            That lob from Dee Brown at the Clippers is still the single-best alley-oop I've ever seen.

Damn, son. That was in LA and look at all the fans jump out of their seats. So much fun.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Also my childhood hero. I was already a fan of the nba, and the raptors and grizzlies already. Had been since I was little just like other sports. But more just a semi fan, I couldn't name all 15 players and their respective colleges, I didn't know our record off by heart.

The night of the 2000 slam dunk contest changed all that. I was in a wheelchair in a hospital awaiting appendix surgery the next day. It was showing on a crappy old 26 inch tv. I knew I couldn't miss it. But I was still shocked. After watching those 45 minutes of electricity, it was a "rap" for me. An obsession was born. Raptors forever. But with that said..

I have always loved Vince carter. I rooted hard for him when he was with the Nets even.
              I still have a VHS copy of that dunk contest. Watched it many times before YouTube showed up, lol.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Love it so much, it still hurts a bit Vince.

Comment

Now Vince was a marketable star...

Had no problems with recognitions in the states.

And My god, team hasnt sniffed at the excitement levels he brought since he left. Sure team wins regular season games, made playoffs a couple of times, but VC made going to the game/watching the game an absolute priority as something incredible was bound to happen. No leaving the room for even a second when he was one the court cause you just didnt know.

Now...

Go to the kitchen, fix yourself a snack while game is one cause watching it carries the same level of excitement as listening on the radio.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Damn, son. That was in LA and look at all the fans jump out of their seats. So much fun.
                    He went on to hit the game winning 3 at the buzzer that night. Just a crazy final 4 minutes.

Listen to that same road crowd erupt:

"He IS in-Vince-able"

Comment

He went on to hit the game winning 3 at the buzzer that night. Just a crazy final 4 minutes.

"He IS in-Vince-able"
                      that was one of the most fun games I ever watched, just on edge of seat the whole time.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                        that was one of the most fun games I ever watched, just on edge of seat the whole time.
                        That season probably cost me 20-25 pts off my GPA.

I could've been a rocket scientist, if not for the Raptors.

Comment

"He IS in-Vince-able"
                          Why in the hell did his man leave him AFTER he received the inbound?

Loved Vince, and like most here, he was my hero. Even tried emulating his version of the Bow Wow dance, lol. Dude was cooler than cool for that portion of my life.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Loved Vince, and like most here, he was my hero. Even tried emulating his version of the Bow Wow dance, lol. Dude was cooler than cool for that portion of my life.
                            Lol, nobody guarding the inbounder either.

#DontAskQuestionsItsTheClippers

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              It's the Clippers. That's also why everyone is cheering for Vince. There just weren't a lot of Clippers fans back then and you couldn't blame them.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                              X