• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    Now Vince was a marketable star...

Had no problems with recognitions in the states.

And My god, team hasnt sniffed at the excitement levels he brought since he left. Sure team wins regular season games, made playoffs a couple of times, but VC made going to the game/watching the game an absolute priority as something incredible was bound to happen. No leaving the room for even a second when he was one the court cause you just didnt know.

Now...

Go to the kitchen, fix yourself a snack while game is one cause watching it carries the same level of excitement as listening on the radio.
    I agree. Back when everyone in the nba hated eachother and the games were just that much more intense. And hard fouls were COMMON. Hand checks, trash talk, literal anger. That was the best

Now the nba is just a major circle jerk where all the players chill with eachother in the offseason in hot tubs. It's really starting to turn into catering to the casual fans that just want to see buckets. It's going to be even more so when they take out back a shaq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Nate robinson imo super underrated, as is spud Webb. You're obviously at a huge handicap when you're 2 feet tall
    I always 10000% hated that theory.
    If you're short, and can dunk, great. But the years Spud beat Nique, it was like all things, 100% NBA marketing. He was in his hometown of Dallas and it was just a schhtick. He could barely dunk (as in I could do what he did when I was 23.... and I aint shit) Nique was throwing thunder.
    Last edited by Superjudge; Fri Feb 12, 2016, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    That lob from Dee Brown at the Clippers is still the single-best alley-oop I've ever seen.

Yep, to date, none better, I was watching that game and almost had a heart attack!!!

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    I guess NBA also released their "Ultimate Dunk Contest" mixtape, and everyone of course gets their turn, from Mike to Nate to JRich etc. .. but then they give Vince's the special treatment at the very end and its pretty awesome.

Nate robinson imo super underrated, as is spud Webb. You're obviously at a huge handicap when you're 2 feet tall

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I guess NBA also released their "Ultimate Dunk Contest" mixtape, and everyone of course gets their turn, from Mike to Nate to JRich etc. .. but then they give Vince's the special treatment at the very end and its pretty awesome.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    With Kobe's work ethic, could've been better and more electrifying than Jordan.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    So good.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    Vince pulled off And1 mixtape volume stuff in game. At game speed. Against NBA players, and Clippers (lol clippers). Vince could do no wrong, until he did. In a weird way he represents the spectrum of experience. Astonishing love to the wildest irrational hate.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Bandit wrote: View Post
    Oh the memories...
    lol and @ your avatar

Leave a comment:

• Bandit
    replied
    Oh the memories...

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    Best in game dunker of all time and one of the best athletes to ever play the game

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Why in the hell did his man leave him AFTER he received the inbound?
    It's the Clippers. That's also why everyone is cheering for Vince. There just weren't a lot of Clippers fans back then and you couldn't blame them.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Loved Vince, and like most here, he was my hero. Even tried emulating his version of the Bow Wow dance, lol. Dude was cooler than cool for that portion of my life.
    Lol, nobody guarding the inbounder either.

#DontAskQuestionsItsTheClippers

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He went on to hit the game winning 3 at the buzzer that night. Just a crazy final 4 minutes.

Listen to that same road crowd erupt:

"He IS in-Vince-able"

Loved Vince, and like most here, he was my hero. Even tried emulating his version of the Bow Wow dance, lol. Dude was cooler than cool for that portion of my life.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    that was one of the most fun games I ever watched, just on edge of seat the whole time.
    That season probably cost me 20-25 pts off my GPA.

I could've been a rocket scientist, if not for the Raptors.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X