X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He went on to hit the game winning 3 at the buzzer that night. Just a crazy final 4 minutes.

Listen to that same road crowd erupt:

"He IS in-Vince-able"
    that was one of the most fun games I ever watched, just on edge of seat the whole time.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Damn, son. That was in LA and look at all the fans jump out of their seats. So much fun.
    He went on to hit the game winning 3 at the buzzer that night. Just a crazy final 4 minutes.

Listen to that same road crowd erupt:

"He IS in-Vince-able"

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Now Vince was a marketable star...

Had no problems with recognitions in the states.

And My god, team hasnt sniffed at the excitement levels he brought since he left. Sure team wins regular season games, made playoffs a couple of times, but VC made going to the game/watching the game an absolute priority as something incredible was bound to happen. No leaving the room for even a second when he was one the court cause you just didnt know.

Now...

Go to the kitchen, fix yourself a snack while game is one cause watching it carries the same level of excitement as listening on the radio.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this, so it gets it own thread for now:

My childhood hero. Half-Man, Half-Amazing.
    Love it so much, it still hurts a bit Vince.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Also my childhood hero. I was already a fan of the nba, and the raptors and grizzlies already. Had been since I was little just like other sports. But more just a semi fan, I couldn't name all 15 players and their respective colleges, I didn't know our record off by heart.

The night of the 2000 slam dunk contest changed all that. I was in a wheelchair in a hospital awaiting appendix surgery the next day. It was showing on a crappy old 26 inch tv. I knew I couldn't miss it. But I was still shocked. After watching those 45 minutes of electricity, it was a "rap" for me. An obsession was born. Raptors forever. But with that said..

I have always loved Vince carter. I rooted hard for him when he was with the Nets even.
    I still have a VHS copy of that dunk contest. Watched it many times before YouTube showed up, lol.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    That lob from Dee Brown at the Clippers is still the single-best alley-oop I've ever seen.

Damn, son. That was in LA and look at all the fans jump out of their seats. So much fun.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Also my childhood hero. I was already a fan of the nba, and the raptors and grizzlies already. Had been since I was little just like other sports. But more just a semi fan, I couldn't name all 15 players and their respective colleges, I didn't know our record off by heart.

The night of the 2000 slam dunk contest changed all that. I was in a wheelchair in a hospital awaiting appendix surgery the next day. It was showing on a crappy old 26 inch tv. I knew I couldn't miss it. But I was still shocked. After watching those 45 minutes of electricity, it was a "rap" for me. An obsession was born. Raptors forever. But with that said..

I have always loved Vince carter. I rooted hard for him when he was with the Nets even.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

That lob from Dee Brown at the Clippers is still the single-best alley-oop I've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Yup. Pretty good.

I love how Vin Baker just walks away with barely a reaction, lol.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Yup. Pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    started a topic NBA Released Ultimate Vince Carter Raptors Mix

NBA Released Ultimate Vince Carter Raptors Mix

Working...
X