Colangelo Will Trade Either Jack or Calderon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Will Trade Either Jack or Calderon

Just caught this from Feschuk article this morning.

I think its safe to say this summer will likely go does as the most active one in Raptors history. Apart of me is sad, but yet somehow excited to see what changes will occur.

One thing we know according to BC, is that there won't be a Jack and Jose duo next season.

Even if he can, will it be enough? Colangelo has some chips to trade. He’s got a lottery pick and two point guards, Jarrett Jack and Jose Calderon, one of whom he has intimated he will move. He’s also got the expiring contracts of Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks. So a draft-day deal built to impress Bosh wouldn’t surprise. Bosh even offered a short shopping list.
    And if we had to make a choice today, which PG would you want to stay here in Toronto? Jack is likely the easier one to move. (better contract and better player in my opinion) Do you think Bryan will move either Jack before Jose? Or has Jose played his last game as a Toronto Raptor?

Source - Click here

I think Jose is a really nice kid but his game does not fit with Hedo. That being said, I think Jack will be traded.

Comment

I think that the Raptors should win the lottery draft Wall, dump both Jose and Jack and trade for Stuckey.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

"Should win the lottery" lol. I like em both but they don't both work for this team. Going forward I'd prefer to keep Jack so maybe the whole Hedo thing will work out a little better.

Comment

Bosh even offered a short shopping list.
          There is a problem with this. I hope keeping Bosh would not usher in a new era of the star player ruling the front office. It happened at the end of the Carter era and resulted in no Vince Carter, millions invested in players not playing for the team and two head coaches being paid to not coach the team.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            "Going forward I'd prefer to keep Jack so maybe the whole Hedo thing will work out a little better.
            Why is this not happening when Jose was the backup / when Jose was injured? I don't think Hedo + Jack could be better... I think we trade hedo and keep the two "decent" pgs ..... whats wrong with having depth at the pg spot where last year we lack in result horrible season

Trade Hedo for a defensive SG/SF (with little offensive game) *cough* Battie *cough*

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
              Why is this not happening when Jose was the backup / when Jose was injured? I don't think Hedo + Jack could be better... I think we trade hedo and keep the two "decent" pgs ..... whats wrong with having depth at the pg spot where last year we lack in result horrible season

Trade Hedo for a defensive SG/SF (with little offensive game) *cough* Battie *cough*
              I was basically saying who I'd rather keep if I had to choose one. But they both have pretty bad perimeter defense and I don't think it can continue next year. I'm all for getting Hedo out of here but I don't see that happening. He seemed to work better with Jack this season which is why I'd keep JJ, he let's Hedo handle the ball more often.

Comment

Jose & Hedo is a bad lineup. Jose needs ball in his hands to be effecitive but so does Hedo. Since Hedo will be harder to trade, Jose will be the trade peace. As far as who we should get in return, we need a PG (Spot up shooter Steve Blake would be nice), or SG/SF ( a defensive one), C (someone like Joel Przybilla or Marcus Camby, shot blocker and rebounder). We can use draft to fill one of those positions, but Jose go to go.

Comment

It's evident that Jack is a much more talented player than Jose and he's crafty with creating exciting plays. That's in line with what the Raptors are trying to build apparently (according to Triano and BC they want to build an 'exciting brand of basketball')... having said that, keeping a European theme is obviously an important factor for Colangelo and Gherardini (they have admitted to it), so keeping Jose due to his connection with Europe may be the deciding factor.

Spain is one of the largest non-north american basketball markets and Jose is the second most celebrated basketball star in that country behind Pau Gasol... people in Spain keep track of the Raptors and I'm sure this is a market BC wants to keep.

Every decision is not a basketball decision and this might be one of them.

Personally I wouldn't mind keeping Jose at the expense of losing Jack as long as we're not expecting him to be a starter. He's an excellent player in a back-up role.

Comment

Im pretty sure Calderon is gone around the draft
                    i alwaysed liked Calderon but you just cant have 2 point gaurd who play no defence on the same team

Comment

abstract wrote: View Post
                      Spain is one of the largest non-north american basketball markets and Jose is the second most celebrated basketball star in that country behind Pau Gasol... people in Spain keep track of the Raptors and I'm sure this is a market BC wants to keep.
                      You are probably correct but if Jose is second he can't be far ahead of Rubio and if he is it won't be for much longer.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

jack's been more solid than every player other than maybe bosh.

i would be very reluctant to trade ihm away.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Why would anyone want Jose Calderon? He has a huge, endless contract. He has serious weaknesses as a player.

Why would anyone, for that matter, want most of the players not named Bosh on this roster? Most of them have Calderon-like contracts. Amir Johnson and DDR are the only players that have any promise. The Raps must have one of the worst rosters in terms of untradeable contracts and overpaid, unproductive players (Bargnani, Turkoglu, Calderon, Banks, Belinelli, Evans, so on).

The Raps may have to force Bosh out in order to get rid of some of the cruft at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                          X