No announcement yet.

Game 54 - Memphis Grizzlies 85 - Toronto Raptors 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavs won because Carlisle is a damn good coach and god mode Dirk.

Casey is just an idiot. If you are winning, you don't really need to make a lot of adjustments. If you're losing and eventually get swept 4-0, obviously what ever you are doing isn't working.

Comment

• Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Very easy to frame someone as an idiot when you don't take what they say with any sort of context. I want Casey out of here as much as the next guy but the bashing is kind of ridiculous at this point.
        Yes, but the context is also applied to the comment made about "no adjustments" while getting swept in historically bad fashion.

Not bashing for the sake of bashing here.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

My issue is that you keep phrasing it as if you want DeRozan here but you don't. You simply want to keep the asset, you don't actually want DeRozan the player on the team. That's why I'm not ok with you constantly using that to preface your criticisms of him like you're in favor of him being here.

I'm not a mind-reader, but based on what you've said your ideal scenario would be re-sign DeRozan and then trade him on December 15th, 2016.
          You're trying to make my opinion on DeMar simple, when it's anything but.

He's a good player, very good offensively. But, as I've said many times, he doesn't make guys around him better, and it's unclear this year whether the team is better off with him on the floor. When a guy is having the best year of his career in his prime and about to get a $150 million contract, you want to be sure you're better off putting that guy on the court.

So while I enjoy watching DeMar sometimes, when he's getting his offense in the team system, I don't enjoy watching him when he's only trying to get his. I just don't think he's worth the max, and I think if we're paying him the max for the next 5 years, it's going to be nearly impossible to win a championship over that period.

He was very good in December. January and February, I'd argue, he's slipped back into old habits to a reasonably large extent, and his defense has been horrible.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            You're trying to make my opinion on DeMar simple, when it's anything but.

He's a good player, very good offensively. But, as I've said many times, he doesn't make guys around him better, and it's unclear this year whether the team is better off with him on the floor. When a guy is having the best year of his career in his prime and about to get a $150 million contract, you want to be sure you're better off putting that guy on the court.

So while I enjoy watching DeMar sometimes, when he's getting his offense in the team system, I don't enjoy watching him when he's only trying to get his. I just don't think he's worth the max, and I think if we're paying him the max for the next 5 years, it's going to be nearly impossible to win a championship over that period.

He was very good in December. January and February, I'd argue, he's slipped back into old habits to a reasonably large extent, and his defense has been horrible.
            I don't think I was simplifying anything. I'm glad you fleshed it out though instead of repeating that you're a proponent of paying him the max and using it as a preface that you like him as a player when you clearly don't.

My issue is the whole "I like DeRozan, but..." (paraphrasing) that you preface all your criticisms of him with. You don't like him so it's not necessary. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I don't think I was simplifying anything. I'm glad you fleshed it out though instead of repeating that you're a proponent of paying him the max and using it as a preface that you like him as a player when you clearly don't.

My issue is the whole "I like DeRozan, but..." (paraphrasing) that you preface all your criticisms of him with. You don't like him so it's not necessary. Just my 2 cents.
              I don't 'not like' DeMar either. I just don't like paying him the max, although I don't see an option.

I've written stuff defending DeMar too, I think he's a better catch and shoot 3 guy than people give him credit for. I think he can work in a team system, but either he doesn't want to, or Casey doesn't want him to.(I lean towards DeMar a bit, because Casey won't bench him for anything, so he could pass if he wanted to and he wouldn't get benched for it)

I'm not Snooch, but I do have reservations about paying DeMar the max for the next 5 years.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• No desire to read this back and forth.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• For me it always goes back to the lack of intuition/instinct, or lets say basic sense as a coach.

Forget the talk of adjustments...

In this instance he talks about picking up the pace against the Wiz. Think about that. A very good defensive team with arguably the best open floor PG in the league, and he wants to play faster....yeah, lets force up quicker shots against a good D, and let the pace favour Wall more than anybody on either team. That'll win it for us. Forget trying to force Lowry to play faster when he's playing hobbled and like crap....sigh...still got PTSD from that series I guess.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    .still got PTSD from that series I guess.
                    That might actually explain some of his coaching decisions, PTSD.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      That might actually explain some of his coaching decisions, PTSD.
                      I was talking about myself, but heck, maybe you're on to something.

Comment

Why the hell does it matter if he "actually likes him" or not... he's not paying the guy this summer

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Why the hell does it matter if he "actually likes him" or not... he's not paying the guy this summer
                          Maybe theyre engaging in some good ol fashioned grade school fraternization

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            what the FFAWK

what the FFFAWK
                            OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                            X