Game 55 - Toronto Raptors 122 - New York Knickerbockers 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    It's a beautiful perfect storm of timing - blowout win over the Knicks, Lowry gets a triple double, Bargnani had just gotten waived by the Nets, pick moves well into the top 10 and Raptors get a stronger hold on 2nd in the East.
    Everybody wins!

Including the Knicks who learned a bunch of valuable lessons.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      Everybody wins!

Including the Knicks who learned a bunch of valuable lessons.
      Pretty sure Dolan still loses. And everyone else is ok with that.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure Dolan still loses. And everyone else is ok with that.
        No, I'd say he still wins.

He learnt to never trade unprotected draft picks again and you can't put a price on that.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

He learnt to never trade unprotected draft picks again and you can't put a price on that.
          Turns out the price of that lesson was Kyle Lowry, as Dolan refused to give up that 2018 pick to get him.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wait til June, we're going to put an exact price on that.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Turns out the price of that lesson was Kyle Lowry, as Dolan refused to give up that 2018 pick to get him.
              I thought Shumpert was the deal-breaker.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I thought Shumpert was the deal-breaker.
                I think it was a one or the other type situation from the Knicks' point of view and Masai insisted on both. Knicks caved but Dolan didn't let them.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Knowing the dysfunctionality that is NY, Lowry probably would have butted heads with his coaches (Woodson & Fisher), sucked horribly and then been bad-mouthed out of town by the NY media. Without the Raps, there would be no MU/Leweike/Chauncey moment to turn things around for Lowry and quite possibly the exact opposite environment that he needed at that exact point in time.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Knowing the dysfunctionality that is NY, Lowry probably would have butted heads with his coaches (Woodson & Fisher), sucked horribly and then been bad-mouthed out of town by the NY media. Without the Raps, there would be no MU/Leweike/Chauncey moment to turn things around for Lowry and quite possibly the exact opposite environment that he needed at that exact point in time.
                    Then he leaves NY in free agency and resigns with Toronto, and we are back exactly where we are now, except with the Knicks unprotected 2018 1st round pick.

Comment

Working...
                    X