Game 56 - Minnesota Timberwolves 105 - Toronto Raptors 114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Not exactly sure what Harden situation you refer to.

LaVine is a SG first, point second. Wiggins is a SG/SF.

If they draft a top prospect PG - then their lineup is
    PG
    LaVine
    Wiggins
    Towns
    Dieng

All young and talented.

I don't see any issues with Wiggins at SF but if they want him at SG, LaVine can play point; he's a bit of a combo.
    I meant how Harden didn't get much time in the starting lineup. Terrible example. The thing is though, if Wiggins was a real SF he'd be playing there with Lavine as the starting 2 already.

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Axel, LaVine is 100% a point guard

Only reason why he plays the two is because they have Rubio on the team. Whom they desperately need to trade
    He's only started playing PG in the NBA. Even then, it's not his strength. So.. 100%?

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I dunno why everybody is so quick to write off Rubio, he's only 25. He's a good enough PG to be a starter on a champion with enough stars in the lineup
    Pink font?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Pink font?
      No? We've already seen him compared to rondo who win title with KG and pierxe
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        No? We've already seen him compared to rondo who win title with KG and pierxe
        My phones being a bitch today wasn't done typing lol. Freaking Chalmers has won a couple titles at PG. Rubio is a premier defender and beyond premier passer. Let him grow with wiggins Lavine and towns. I'd be more worried about patching up the center position or getting Lavine to become better. Y'all seem so enamored with Lavine but when he's not performing dunks in a circus show he's a bigger question mark than rubio

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          My phones being a bitch today wasn't done typing lol. Freaking Chalmers has won a couple titles at PG.
          Yeah, that was the point I was going to make. "If he has enough stars around him" could basically apply to any player. No doubt Rubio is a good PG right now.

Comment

Yeah, that was the point I was going to make. "If he has enough stars around him" could basically apply to any player. No doubt Rubio is a good PG right now.
            It came up earlier but it was and is the best comparison for Rubio.

Rubio is Rondo.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

Rubio is Rondo.
              What % of NBA players would pick Rondo over Rubio as a teammate?
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Rubio is Rondo.
                Except with a better attitude and what would appear to be a genuine idea how to lead. That pushes him past Rondo in my books.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                  Except with a better attitude and what would appear to be a genuine idea how to lead. That pushes him past Rondo in my books.
                  I was going to include that but then I thought "it goes without saying."

Just to double emphasize this point.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• So Most agree with me they are fine with rubio at point guard. You don't need elite scorers at every position. And he'll probably still be effective for another 6 to 9 years

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Axel, LaVine is 100% a point guard

Only reason why he plays the two is because they have Rubio on the team. Whom they desperately need to trade
                      He hasn't play much point at a high level. He was the SG at UCLA, much like Westbrook with Collison, so a steep learning curve for him to excel at PG. I think he could play there and he has played some backup PG this season but his best and most consistent performances have been at SG this season. When he plays PG, he is much less instinctive and struggles more. With experience, he could become a legit starting PG but I think the path to being a legit starting SG is easier/shorter for him. I think he's going to be really good regardless, I just think he has more natural talent at the SG spot.

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      I meant how Harden didn't get much time in the starting lineup. Terrible example. The thing is though, if Wiggins was a real SF he'd be playing there with Lavine as the starting 2 already.
                      Part of the starting lineups issue is with Smitch as coach. It's been an ongoing issue all season but lately what Smitch has declared the plan to be is LaVine and Tayshaun Prince are alternating starts, with Wiggins shifting between SG and SF accordingly. Why Smitch is starting Prince at this point is beyond most reason, but there it is.

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      He's only started playing PG in the NBA. Even then, it's not his strength. So.. 100%?
                      Westbrook out of UCLA was in the same situation. Even now he isn't a natural PG but people forget how his first few years went in the NBA.

What really has to happen is Minnesota needs to decide whether LaVine is going to play SG or PG and I think this draft will likely determine that. If a top PG is available to them and it makes sense, then LaVine at SG and Wiggins at SF makes sense. If a bigger winger is the pick, then LaVine is PG. if they draft a big, then Rubio makes sense as an ideal distributor for a bunch of talented young players.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Watching LaVine play he is a modern PG.

Very good shooter off the dribble and he has very good court vision.

Also not strong enough to play against SGs

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Watching LaVine play he is a modern PG.

Very good shooter off the dribble and he has very good court vision.

Also not strong enough to play against SGs
                          Yet he plays his best games at SG, so while his slight frame is a disadvantage more so there, it hasn't hindered him. He could easily develop at either position.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Rubio is Rondo.
                            A poor mans Rondo? Sure.

Comment

A poor mans Rondo? Sure.
                              Rubio is a no-D Rondo.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Yet he plays his best games at SG, so while his slight frame is a disadvantage more so there, it hasn't hindered him. He could easily develop at either position.
                                http://public.tableau.com/shared/MT8...play_count=yes

He scores better as a SG, but distributes much better and rebounds significantly better as a PG.

Better net rating as a SG though.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X