Game 57 - Cleveland Cavaliers 97 - Toronto Raptors 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barolt wrote: View Post
    Matt Moore on the Eye on Basketball podcast today: "It's a lock, the Toronto Raptors are going to the Eastern Conference Finals."
    Someone remember this. People always forget bold predictions like this

Comment

Big game. Would love to take out the Cavs without Carroll. Would be a big statement.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Better?
        That reminds me of my first car except with less duct tape.

Comment

Any word on Carroll? Over 7 weeks since surgery.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

The Cavs handled the Raptors last time (schedule loss IMO). I wonder if that affects how they come out.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Any word on Carroll? Over 7 weeks since surgery.
              Last I heard:

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Last I heard:

Seems like mid March. That's what most have been expecting. If it was game 7 of the playoffs he could probably play in a week. They'll spend a couple extra weeks getting him into game shape and being precatious
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Lowe talked about us on his podcast with Amin Elhassan today.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14850524

Around 19 minutes in, and he KILLS our starting lineup. Hates Scola/JV together. Loves our bench. Also says that people in the Raptors organization aren't sure if we're getting Carroll back for the playoffs, or what shape he'll be in.

Basement dwellers trying to tell Casey what to do again.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                    Lowe talked about us on his podcast with Amin Elhassan today.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14850524

Around 19 minutes in, and he KILLS our starting lineup. Hates Scola/JV together. Loves our bench. Also says that people in the Raptors organization aren't sure if we're getting Carroll back for the playoffs, or what shape he'll be in.

Basement dwellers trying to tell Casey what to do again.
                    That Carroll comment just ruined my day

Comment

Don't worry about this SCOLA/JV thing. Just few days ago Casey told everyone Scola is fine. Day later - Scola is slumping. Expect changes soon.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Don't worry about this SCOLA/JV thing. Just few days ago Casey told everyone Scola is fine. Day later - Scola is slumping. Expect changes soon.
                        If/when a change is made, assuming it's Scola-out/Patterson-in, does that make Casey a basement dweller or many of us NBA head coaches? Or can we finally put that ridiculous paradigm behind us once and for all?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          If/when a change is made, assuming it's Scola-out/Patterson-in, does that make Casey a basement dweller or many of us NBA head coaches? Or can we finally put that ridiculous paradigm behind us once and for all?
                          We'll wait for superjudge to come make a ruling on this

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Fun fact: Karen is Jesses girl who also happens to be staceys mom, I cannot confirm if she's still got it goin on or if her number is still 867-5309
                            I hate that song so much
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Lead story on ESPN's NBA page:

Windhorst - The Raptors look ready to challenge the Eastern Conference champs

"Scouts and executives see this as a possible ascension for Toronto. So many of their competitors -- the Chicago Bulls, Washington Wizards, Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat -- have either not met expectations or been felled by injuries. It has opened the door for the Raptors, who have bucked the underachievement trend to become a contender.

The Eastern Conference is pretty much viewed as the Cavs, then everyone else. But the Raptors want to be the last team standing -- and they've shown they have the potential to do so. This might not be a badge of honor for some teams, but it would be a transitional moment for a franchise that hasn't been this relevant since Vince Carter's prime.

Yet, this is the undercurrent within the team: There's a limited enjoyment of the regular-season success they're having. The core of this team has been down his path before and the scars remain from early postseason exits."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...ference-champs
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...ference-champs

It's a nice preview writeup but most of it has been discussed here ad nauseam. Except this:

Lowry is in the best shape of his career after back and leg injuries wrecked the back end of an All-Star season last year.
                                It's a bit more specific than the general broken-down-ness everyone mentions and for that it surprised me a little - though I think I may have heard it somewhere before but it was more rumour-esque instead of stated as matter of factly like it is here.

But not like it matters much ir and when those injuries get reported - now, 10 months ago or 2 years from now. Anyway, it's really nothing. Carry on.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X