No announcement yet.

Game 58 - Toronto Raptors 101 - Detroit Pistons 114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thing is though because of our situation at PF we do have to play Scola, and recently his minutes are definitely being dialed down. I would however like to at least test out if maybe he'd be more effective with the bench unit

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Just as I can grow weary of the constant complaining and kvetching under the guise of "concerns." The street does run both ways. After a while the steady bleat of the coach sucks and the SG is a fraud because he doesn't shoot 3's well wears. No reason I can't disagree with it. Variety after all is the spice of life. So with the moniker of moderator you should encourage and tolerate all views.. not just the ones that you ascribe to.
      The difference is, you aren't providing views as much as you are complaining about what other people choose to have opinions on. I fully support people posting all views on basketball topics, where I draw the line is people who are simply commenting on other posters. This isn't a two way street with a difference of opinions, this is some people choosing to talk basketball and you choosing to talk about those people. So as a mod, I kindly remind to stick to the topics of basketball and spend less time commenting on other posters and the topics they choose to talk about.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Ah. So statistics don't matter. Trends don't matter. It's all about the record. That worked out great for us last year, right?
        You could pull out a hundred statistics we are doing really well with. Trends? 3rd hottest team I'm the nba over a long sample size (I know how you love your sample sizes).

The only teams in the nba you'd be having a hard time finding negative stats for is golden state and the spurs. And we could kidnap scola and lock him in danH basement...we're still nowhere near those 2 teams.

Look, everybody knows scola is an issue. It seems the team is trying things to manage it. But if you guys think 27 other teams aren't having issues, or questionable coaching or managerial decision that frustrates the fan base, I would suggest you visit their blogs and forums. Nobodies perfect, but i would suggest we are getting quite a bit of success out of what we have to work with.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          You could pull out a hundred statistics we are doing really well with. Trends? 3rd hottest team I'm the nba over a long sample size (I know how you love your sample sizes).

The only teams in the nba you'd be having a hard time finding negative stats for is golden state and the spurs. And we could kidnap scola and lock him in danH basement...we're still nowhere near those 2 teams.

Look, everybody knows scola is an issue. It seems the team is trying things to manage it. But if you guys think 27 other teams aren't having issues, or questionable coaching or managerial decision that frustrates the fan base, I would suggest you visit their blogs and forums. Nobodies perfect, but i would suggest we are getting quite a bit of success out of what we have to work with.
          Yeah, well not "everybody" knew Scola was an issue all year long, though some did. And proposed finding solutions right then and there, rather than waiting until the team was a month out from the playoffs to try a half-measure that isn't really helping much.

I don't really much care if there are issues for other teams. If you think this team unworthy of trying to be like the top teams in the league (not necessarily succeeding, but trying everything at their disposal to get closer), that's your prerogative. I see it differently.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thats interesting.. can you manipulate the output to show specific date parameters ?

If yes and just for fun can you see what the output looks like during the 17 game stretch from Nov 21 to Jan 10th ?
            No, sorry. I looked for a way to manipulate for dates and couldn't find one.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              The difference is, you aren't providing views as much as you are complaining about what other people choose to have opinions on. I fully support people posting all views on basketball topics, where I draw the line is people who are simply commenting on other posters. This isn't a two way street with a difference of opinions, this is some people choosing to talk basketball and you choosing to talk about those people. So as a mod, I kindly remind to stick to the topics of basketball and spend less time commenting on other posters and the topics they choose to talk about.
              Folks here freely express any and all views. Lord knows thats true with nearly two days worth of input on the great Scola debate going on between games. Its hard to see why responding back to any poster about their content is somehow not cricket.

You don't like or agree with my viewpoint.. fair ball... respond away as you have been. If either of us tire of it we wouldn't take the time to respond back.

But as I mentioned earlier, if your moderating, don't shut down input that doesn't line up with your views... Of course if the posted material is racist, misogynist, libelous or outright vulgar pull the plug. Just don't see any of that in the great Scola starting debate from anyone over the past couple of days.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

No, sorry. I looked for a way to manipulate for dates and couldn't find one.
                To bad... it may be heresy to suggest it but would like to have seen what the numbers spit out with Biz starting with Scola vs JV starting with Scola with a 15 game plus sample size.
                - TGO

Comment

To bad... it may be heresy to suggest it but would like to have seen what the numbers spit out with Biz starting with Scola vs JV starting with Scola with a 15 game plus sample size.
                  That I can do, another way. Give me a minute.

Comment

• http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...01%2F10%2F2016

Here you go. Lineup stats from November 21 to January 10th, encompasing only the first quarter.

Basically:

Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Scola/Bismack was REALLY bad.
                    Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Scola/Bismack was REALLY good.
                    Lowry/DeMar/JJ/Scola/Bismack was REALLY bad.

Comment

You don't like or agree with my viewpoint.. fair ball... respond away as you have been. If either of us tire of it we wouldn't take the time to respond back.

But as I mentioned earlier, if your moderating, don't shut down input that doesn't line up with your views... Of course if the posted material is racist, misogynist, libelous or outright vulgar pull the plug. Just don't see any of that in the great Scola starting debate from anyone over the past couple of days.
                      You do realize that your constant attempts to tell people not to post on a topic or to complain is actually an infraction against forum rules? So save your opinion about how I moderate or what other people choose to post about and we'll be fine. But continue to bitch and complain that people are complaining and we will have an issue. This isn't a viewpoint issue, it's your attempts to moderate other posters that is.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...01%2F10%2F2016

Here you go. Lineup stats from November 21 to January 10th, encompasing only the first quarter.

Basically:

Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Scola/Bismack was REALLY bad.
                        Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Scola/Bismack was REALLY good.
                        Lowry/DeMar/JJ/Scola/Bismack was REALLY bad.

Not being a full fledged Hinkiebot but does the data suggest at a cursory glance that possibly the mix of the other 4 guys on the floor with Scola have some impact on how things go as well ? That its just not one guy out of 5 ?
                        - TGO

Comment

Not being a full fledged Hinkiebot but does the data suggest at a cursory glance that possibly the mix of the other 4 guys on the floor with Scola have some impact on how things go as well ? That its just not one guy out of 5 ?
                          This data, like a lot of other data, suggests that anytime 2 of Ross/Lowry/Patterson are on the floor together, it's very good for us as a team.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            You do realize that your constant attempts to tell people not to post on a topic or to complain is actually an infraction against forum rules? So save your opinion about how I moderate or what other people choose to post about and we'll be fine. But continue to bitch and complain that people are complaining and we will have an issue. This isn't a viewpoint issue, it's your attempts to moderate other posters that is.

Do you really believe that I have magical powers that can somehow dissuade folks from saying whatever they want to on a sports centric internet message board ?
                            Might be time for both of us to stand down and take a break from this particular conversation in this thread eh ?
                            - TGO

Comment

This data, like a lot of other data, suggests that anytime 2 of Ross/Lowry/Patterson are on the floor together, it's very good for us as a team.
                              Have we ever used Lowry, Derozan, Ross, Patterson, Valanciunas?

That's probably the best lineup we could put out there with Carroll out.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Have we ever used Lowry, Derozan, Ross, Patterson, Valanciunas?

That's probably the best lineup we could put out there with Carroll out.
                                That lineup has played 63 minutes this season, with a 129.3 ORtg, 98.6 Drtg, 30.7 net rating. They also have a 67.8 true shooting percentage.

That group's net rating is currently better than the Lowry+Bench group.

EDIT: And an amazing 7.7% turnover ratio. Holy crap that's low.

Comment

Working...
                                X