Game 58 - Toronto Raptors 101 - Detroit Pistons 114

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    That lineup has played 63 minutes this season, with a 129.3 ORtg, 98.6 Drtg, 30.7 net rating. They also have a 67.8 true shooting percentage.

That group's net rating is currently better than the Lowry+Bench group.

EDIT: And an amazing 7.7% turnover ratio. Holy crap that's low.

Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Mar 1, 2016, 06:51 PM.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• So the question is... if putting Ross and Patterson in the starting lineup makes our starting lineup better than the Lowry+Bench group, what's the excuse for Scola and JJ starting?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

So the question is... if putting Ross and Patterson in the starting lineup makes our starting lineup better than the Lowry+Bench group, what's the excuse for Scola and JJ starting?
        63 min sample? Which potentially could've been played against favorable matchups

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
          63 min sample? Which potentially could've been played against favorable matchups
          Our current starting lineup struggles against all matchups. So the only way to find out if we can improve on it, is to try something different.

Comment

Our current starting lineup struggles against all matchups. So the only way to find out if we can improve on it, is to try something different.
            Don't get me wrong I agree that some changes should be made. Just saying that these stats do not mean that putting Ross and Patterson in the starting line up will yield our best lineup. However does it warrant a potential look at how this lineup could perform given more minutes? Yeah probably. Especially considering that our starting lineup has a net -27.3 rtg in Feb

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Not being a full fledged Hinkiebot but does the data suggest at a cursory glance that possibly the mix of the other 4 guys on the floor with Scola have some impact on how things go as well ? That its just not one guy out of 5 ?
              SO! It looks like Scola is only a positive playing with the bench players (as seen by the lineup of Ross and Bismack). Hmm... maybe we could just bring the whole bench unit into the starting lineup every night. That way Scola can actually produce like an NBA player! #StartScola82GamesNoMatterWhat

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                SO! It looks like Scola is only a positive playing with the bench players (as seen by the lineup of Ross and Bismack). Hmm... maybe we could just bring the whole bench unit into the starting lineup every night. That way Scola can actually produce like an NBA player! #StartScola82GamesNoMatterWhat
                But that lineup features both Lowry and Derozan. Also without the date restrictions this lineup has a slight net negative rating

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                  But that lineup features both Lowry and Derozan. Also without the date restrictions this lineup has a slight net negative rating
                  Which would, strangely, imply that lineup performed better as a starting group, against opposing starting groups, than it did against benches.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Toronto Raptors forward Luis Scola was in a car accident yesterday and his right leg had to be amputated. Toronto Raptors head coach Dwane Casey said he expects Scola to start the team's next game on Monday. "He's a vet's vet, he can play through it." #StartScola82GamesNoMatterWhat

Comment

Which would, strangely, imply that lineup performed better as a starting group, against opposing starting groups, than it did against benches.
                      Or it could imply that the individual production of some of the players in those lineups has gotten worse

Comment

So the question is... if putting Ross and Patterson in the starting lineup makes our starting lineup better than the Lowry+Bench group, what's the excuse for Scola and JJ starting?
                        I'm okay with keeping JJ in the starting lineup. If you add Patterson and Ross, our bench will become total crap.

Every team needs a sixth man, and Ross is that sixth man for us.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          I'm okay with keeping JJ in the starting lineup. If you add Patterson and Ross, our bench will become total crap.

Every team needs a sixth man, and Ross is that sixth man for us.
                          I agree come the playoffs, but until Carroll is back lets start our strongest group, blow teams out of the water out of the gates, so that we can generate more garbage time to get DeMar/Kyle rest and Delon/Powell/Bebe time.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                            I refuse to believe that the fan base is smarter than the collective Raptors staff. People can throw around stats, but that doesn't make anyone experts like the... actual experts.

I'm fairly certain the Raptors staff have a very comprehensive understanding of all the numbers thrown around and make their decisions in spite of them. Why? Not everything comes down to numbers. Managing a team of players is far more complex and dynamic than what +/- or advanced stats say. They're in the business of W's and L's, yes (which looks damn good at the moment). They're also in the business of managing men with egos, psyches, personalities, families, ambitions, interpersonal relationships and a plethora of things that aren't measured in the NBA.com stats tab.

I'm not saying the numbers can't tell a story, nor that people here can't criticize or give their two cents on what the Raptors staff should do, or how this team can be better on paper. I mostly get annoyed when I hear regular joes who watch a game and read a few articles and manipulate a few stat lines show complete disregard for and insult a man who has spent his entire life doing one thing: basketball. Believe me, Casey knows more than we do, whether we like to admit it or not.

So I'm actually going to side with Democratic Shift on this subject matter.
                            Very well put. If we know as much as Casey we wouldn't be posting on here.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              You know what the problem with this is? NBA teams make ridiculous decisions ALL THE TIME. The Knicks traded an unprotected first round pick for Andrea Bargnani.

They aren't infallible.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Funny thing is Patterson's minutes are increasing anyway and MU just signed a PF. Hmmmmm.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X