Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeRozan and Lowry will end up being the best raptors of all time

DanH wrote: View Post
    You don't think Bosh could be the number two guy and win as much as the Raptors have been? DeRozan never won as the number one guy, never got anywhere near the playoffs either. Bosh dragged this garbage team into the playoffs twice. All the team's success with DeMar needs to be attributed first and foremost to Lowry.

Bosh was here for years, was a constant all star presence, and was the best player here. DeRozan has been here for years.
    At the end of the day. The goat player in a franchises history is the guy with the most records, and the playoff runs they were apart of.

After this year, demar has enough records, and more than enough playoff runs than any one else in history. Including bosh. 2 mediocre years of bosh, will never be as good as 3 consecutive division leading and "potential" deep playoff run. Making it to the east finals will easily put BOTH Lowry and derozan above bosh. Becuz at the end of the day, all bosh really did with us, was or up big numbers. While derozan played a KEY role in a conference run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      You don't think Bosh could be the number two guy and win as much as the Raptors have been? DeRozan never won as the number one guy, never got anywhere near the playoffs either. Bosh dragged this garbage team into the playoffs twice. All the team's success with DeMar needs to be attributed first and foremost to Lowry.

Bosh was here for years, was a constant all star presence, and was the best player here. DeRozan has been here for years.
      I didn't say that. The reality is that he hasn't done it and never will. So I mean we can play shoulda/coulda/woulda scenarios as much as we want, but for me deciding the best players in franchise history comes down to body of work for that franchise. If DeRozan helps Lowry lead us to some deep playoff runs as the #2 guy he's clear-cut ahead of Bosh for me.

Comment

Lowry will overtake Vince if he can get us past the 7th game in the 2nd round, or if he can get us to at least 2 second round visits.

For me its playoff success.

DD unfortunately has to play second fiddle to Lowry which will make it extremely difficult for him to get him past Bosh. And JV has to play 3rd fiddle which makes it even harder for him.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Lowry will overtake Vince if he can get us past the 7th game in the 2nd round, or if he can get us to at least 2 second round visits.

For me its playoff success.

DD unfortunately has to play second fiddle to Lowry which will make it extremely difficult for him to get him past Bosh. And JV has to play 3rd fiddle which makes it even harder for him.
          JV is still young, his time will come.

Comment

as it stand i think the MOST TALENTED/BEST PLAYER in history would be
            1.Vince
            2.Mcgrady
            3.Lowry
            4.Bosh
            5.Derozan
            However the best RAPTOR ever is a diffrent story id have to rank the best raptor in history ( judging time with raptors,team success individual stats, and importance to franchise.
            1.Vince
            2.Derozan
            3.Bosh
            4.Lowry
            5,Whoever

Demar gets a bump in greatest raptor simply because their is no Lowry without demar. we needed that type of guy who wasnt a star but had to work for it cause we were never gonna get that superstar talent. Demar developing within the orginization was so important. he helped us build. without him we dont get lowry. i believe this team we have no can be a stepping stone to get a legit superstar. the fact is we do not get to this point as a team without Demar (or another player growing to a star within the team). we could however have this good of a team with Demar + another pg. That why i would always rank Derozan ahead of Lowry as best raptor of all time
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

DeMar has never had to play second fiddle to Lowry. DeMar has averaged 28.6% usage over the last three years, while Lowry has averaged 24.5%. (Last four years it's 27.3 to 23.6 for DeMar.)

DeMar right now is simply not as great as Lowry, and I think that that is a basic assertion that can be supported by a ton of stats and the eye test.

That said, it is important to note a couple things. Lowry's first true All-Star caliber season was age 27. DeMar has yet to turn 27. So in my opinion you're going to see possibly four or five more years of prime DeMar, before he even begins to slow down.

So while I think Lowry will end up having the better peak for probably six or seven years, Demar will probably end up doing enough to get the edge when all is said and done, mainly due to longevity and being a homegrown dinosaur.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                DeMar has never had to play second fiddle to Lowry. DeMar has averaged 28.6% usage over the last three years, while Lowry has averaged 24.5%. (Last four years it's 27.3 to 23.6 for DeMar.)

DeMar right now is simply not as great as Lowry, and I think that that is a basic assertion that can be supported by a ton of stats and the eye test.

That said, it is important to note a couple things. Lowry's first true All-Star caliber season was age 27. DeMar has yet to turn 27. So in my opinion you're going to see possibly four or five more years of prime DeMar, before he even begins to slow down.

So while I think Lowry will end up having the better peak for probably six or seven years, Demar will probably end up doing enough to get the edge when all is said and done, mainly due to longevity and being a homegrown dinosaur.
                Good point about DD's peak being longer.. it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. I do suspect though that we will one day have a new coach and I think that may actually hurt DD and not help him. A new coach could lower DD's usage which could reduce his chances to succeed Lowry as the alpha dog on the team.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                  JV is still young, his time will come.
                  JV needs a new coach / system before we can even start adding him to the discussion of all time great Raptors.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Good points here

Comment

JV needs a new coach / system before we can even start adding him to the discussion of all time great Raptors.
                      The thing is, JV's numbers, right now are fantastic. Even with this coach/system which largely ignores him.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        1.Vince
                        2.Mcgrady
                        3.Lowry
                        4.Bosh
                        5.Derozan
                        However the best RAPTOR ever is a diffrent story id have to rank the best raptor in history ( judging time with raptors,team success individual stats, and importance to franchise.
                        1.Vince
                        2.Derozan
                        3.Bosh
                        4.Lowry
                        5,Whoever

Demar gets a bump in greatest raptor simply because their is no Lowry without demar. we needed that type of guy who wasnt a star but had to work for it cause we were never gonna get that superstar talent. Demar developing within the orginization was so important. he helped us build. without him we dont get lowry. i believe this team we have no can be a stepping stone to get a legit superstar. the fact is we do not get to this point as a team without Demar (or another player growing to a star within the team). we could however have this good of a team with Demar + another pg. That why i would always rank Derozan ahead of Lowry as best raptor of all time
                        ...what?

I was going to write more but that's what it pretty much boiled down to as I honestly don't even know where to start other than: could you please just further explain how you came to this conclusion.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

1.Vince
                          2.Mcgrady
                          3.Lowry
                          4.Bosh
                          5.Derozan
                          1.Vince
                          2.Derozan
                          3.Bosh
                          4.Lowry
                          5,Whoever

This is insane. DeMar for the first 4-5 years of his career was basically OJ Mayo without the jump shot. Lowry has done far, far more for DeMar's career than the other way around. Lowry was well on his way to being an elite player his last year in Houston, before he got to Toronto. Masai deserves a lot of credit, however, for getting Lowry's head straight.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                            ...what?

I was going to write more but that's what it pretty much boiled down to as I honestly don't even know where to start other than: could you please just further explain how you came to this conclusion.

Im not ranking best raptor based on talent. lowry's the better player. But i think Demar developing within the raps was more important than the lowry pick-up. if derozan didn't up his game year after year i think lowry put up good stats for 2 years. we become a treadmill team and he signes somewhere else. Demar is the reason Lowry stayed in my opinion. Plus being a homegrown raptor, always saying and doing the right things and sticking throught the tough times. Lowry was a fucking brat when he first came here.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Im not ranking best raptor based on talent. lowry's the better player. But i think Demar developing within the raps was more important than the lowry pick-up. if derozan didn't up his game year after year i think lowry put up good stats for 2 years. we become a treadmill team and he signes somewhere else. Demar is the reason Lowry stayed in my opinion. Plus being a homegrown raptor, always saying and doing the right things and sticking throught the tough times. Lowry was a fucking brat when he first came here.
                              I think people are confused by "we could however have just as good a team with demar + some other pg"

Unless "some other" means curry or paul
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

...that's a ... interesting take. I literally disagree with everything here except for the second sentence.

Especially given the reason Lowry stayed is pretty well known [from the man himself] and the reason WASN'T Demar. It was Masai (and to a lesser extent, Billups).

In regards to the underlined...no. No, he wasn't. Especially given his reaction to being benched for Calderon and agreeing to play like a poor man's Calderon at that as well [despite being clearly better].

In regards to the bold...just no.

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I think people are confused by "we could however have just as good a team with demar + some other pg"

Unless "some other" means curry or paul
                                That was one of the key things I saw there given all the evidence against this. Demar owes a LOT to Lowry [as was highlighted earlier this year when comparing Demar and Lowry when both are on the court and when one is off (and this is something that also easily passes the eye test as well). That's not a knock against Demar either.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X