No announcement yet.

DeRozan and Lowry will end up being the best raptors of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I would put Amit Johnson ahead of DD on the all time Raptors list. Dude didnt bring the numbers but was a huge reason why we climbed out of the basement on his defense and efficiency

Moe Pete's career in TO is nearly as good as DDs as well...

Comment

Carter was amazing, but it just wasn't for a long enough term, due in large part to the way that team was constructed. Add the way Vince gave up on the organization and he's not all that hard to surpass.

Length of service counts a lot towards ball players' legacies.
      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Mar 1, 2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Carter was amazing, but it just wasn't for a long enough term, due in large part to the way that team was constructed. Add the way Vince gave up on the organization and he's not all that hard to surpass.

Length of service counts a lot towards ball players' legacies.
        On the other hand, DeRozan's entire career doesn't hold a candle to a few franchise-altering moments from Carter's time in Toronto; the all-star dunk contest and the 2nd round battle with AI, which was a shot away from the ECF (which they very well could have won).

Bosh's entire career with the Raptors was 'meh', while Lowry has had a couple good seasons, but has yet to lead them out of the first round.

I'm a guy who despised Carter and the way he left, would hate to see him back on the Raptors, and would be sick to my stomach if the Raptors retired his jersey. I would never boo him, I simply think he's not worth the effort. Having said that, no Raptor has had the impact (no matter how you choose to define it) that he had.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          On the other hand, DeRozan's entire career doesn't hold a candle to a few franchise-altering moments from Carter's time in Toronto; the all-star dunk contest and the 2nd round battle with AI, which was a shot away from the ECF (which they very well could have won).

Bosh's entire career with the Raptors was 'meh', while Lowry has had a couple good seasons, but has yet to lead them out of the first round.

I'm a guy who despised Carter and the way he left, would hate to see him back on the Raptors, and would be sick to my stomach if the Raptors retired his jersey. I would never boo him, I simply think he's not worth the effort. Having said that, no Raptor has had the impact (no matter how you choose to define it) that he had.
          The thing is, if you define impact simply on on court performance, impact on winning, mvp votes etc, Lowry is having a season as good as peak VC. Believe it or not.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Early days (for DeMar and Lowry) though, or so it would seem. VC's book closed, unceremoniously, early than it should have, making it all but easy to eclipse. There's even an argument to be made for Bosh's solid 7 years.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              The thing is, if you define impact simply on on court performance, impact on winning, mvp votes etc, Lowry is having a season as good as peak VC. Believe it or not.
              I think we have to seperate DeMar and Lowry in terms of this conversation. It's natural to want to link them, but in terms of what they've done there's a large gap. Lowry is this team's heart and soul. DeMar may yet have that moment, but it likely won't be while Lowry's in his prime.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                I think we have to seperate DeMar and Lowry in terms of this conversation. It's natural to want to link them, but in terms of what they've done there's a large gap. Lowry is this team's heart and soul. DeMar may yet have that moment, but it likely won't be while Lowry's in his prime.
                I don't see that at all. Minus his still-developing 3-ball, DeMar is good-to-go right now as well. And they're going to go out and demonstrate that in the playoffs this year.

Comment

I don't see that at all. Minus his still-developing 3-ball, DeMar is good-to-go right now as well. And they're going to go out and demonstrate that in the playoffs this year.
                  Imo no question they're both in separate tiers. Demar jumped from 3rd banana on a "real good" team to 2nd banana on a real good team this year. Lowry jumped from 2nd banana to alpha dog on a real good team
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Lowry's a legitimate MVP candidate(I mean, Steph is the MVP, but still..). DeMar's a solid all-star. Not in the same tier.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                    X