X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    Bosh never had this kind of talent around him, being fair.
    honestly bosh would be AMAZING if he was on our 2016 roster instead of scola or 2Pat

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Wait... you think Derozan is better than lowry?? And Vince??

OK I'm moving on...
    Dude that's not what he said at all. The thread isn't about peaks it's about who will end up being the best Raptor, which includes longevity, which is why he mentioned the years.

Honestly if DeMar retires a Raptor or at least sticks around until his ring-chasing 30s he will definitely overtake Vince. And if he matches Lowry in All-Star appearances he'll probably have the edge on Lowry.

That said, don't rule out Jonas! Who knows how he'd play under a different coach or with the roster retooled.

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    So you're voting on who's been here the longest and not who's a better basketball player. You should've said so.
    if it was season wise VC is better than both dd and kl by far

lets just say its 50/50 on history and best season

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't know. I have a hard time keeping Bosh so high.

Are we talking talent here? Or what the players meant for the team while being here?

Bosh was a supremely talented player for us who put up big numbers. And it's not like he was a bad guy. Not exactly a leader though, and it was probably the most disappointing, treadmill-like era in franchise history. And he left without a second thought to ride LeBron to some rings. I mean, I don't really have anything against him, but I'm not sure I'd put him ahead of Lowry and DD now (and these 2 guys get a huge boost if we have a deep playoff run this year).
    Bosh never had this kind of talent around him, being fair.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    No, Stoudemire was never that good. Fans still overrate him. Lowry is much much better than Damon ever was.
    I think Lowry's more like the reverse Deron Williams. Williams peaked in his mid 20s, Lowry closer to 30. But their peaks are somewhat similar.

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied

Are we talking talent here? Or what the players meant for the team while being here?

Bosh was a supremely talented player for us who put up big numbers. And it's not like he was a bad guy. Not exactly a leader though, and it was probably the most disappointing, treadmill-like era in franchise history. And he left without a second thought to ride LeBron to some rings. I mean, I don't really have anything against him, but I'm not sure I'd put him ahead of Lowry and DD now (and these 2 guys get a huge boost if we have a deep playoff run this year).
    Agreed...

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    season wise lowry is beter but history wise my vote goes to DD

and no vince is obv better but i do think both DD and lowry will over take him in the years to come. (IF they stay with us)
    So you're voting on who's been here the longest and not who's a better basketball player. You should've said so.

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    If we go to ECF and sign Durant we will be legit title contenders. Not likely but love your optimism. Our best chance of signing Durant is if OKC gets bounced n the first round. That and we go go ECF and lose to CAVS in 6 or 7.
    don't forget the top 5 pick lol

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied

OK I'm moving on...
    season wise lowry is beter but history wise my vote goes to DD

and no vince is obv better but i do think both DD and lowry will over take him in the years to come. (IF they stay with us)

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    tonious35 wrote: View Post
    Lowry is a reincarnation if Damon Stoudemire stayed during the Vince Days
    No, Stoudemire was never that good. Fans still overrate him. Lowry is much much better than Damon ever was.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Best case I can see is Lowry - Carter - Bosh - DD. But having the best and 4th best franchise players in team history at the same time is pretty great.

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    Lowry is a reincarnation if Damon Stoudemire stayed during the Vince Days

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    When its all said and done and if derozan resigns with us i see him easily overtaking carter and bosh
    and i do see him over lowry bc of the years he has on him as a raptor.

TBH All I want is 3 things
    DD and KL to lead us to the ECF atleast
    Get a top 5 pick in the draft
    And lastly, for kevin durant to sign here

is that too much to ask for? lol
    If we go to ECF and sign Durant we will be legit title contenders. Not likely but love your optimism. Our best chance of signing Durant is if OKC gets bounced n the first round. That and we go go ECF and lose to CAVS in 6 or 7.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    When its all said and done and if derozan resigns with us i see him easily overtaking carter and bosh
    and i do see him over lowry bc of the years he has on him as a raptor.

TBH All I want is 3 things
    DD and KL to lead us to the ECF atleast
    Get a top 5 pick in the draft
    And lastly, for kevin durant to sign here

is that too much to ask for? lol

OK I'm moving on...

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Abbas.. great idea for the thread....
    I think a lot of Lowry ... guy remade himself after a pretty inglorious exit last year and has at 29 raised the level of his game to all star status 2 years in a row when most have hit their peaks. He is tough .. mentally and physically. First guy you pick when choosing up sides at the gym for pick up.

I really am the anti-snooch on DD. This is as solid a person as you can dream of having on your team. Guy has turned himself into a two time allstar through hard work and is loyal to the team and the coach. He was a jump outta the gym guy who learned to shoot and to score going to the cup and he does it without fear or fanfare..

We are really fortunate to have 2 of the 4 best guys we have ever had on the same team at the same time...

BUT

For me.... the apex Raptor is still and will likely always be Vince. They drafted him and for a 2-3 years run this guy was one of the faces of the NBA no questions asked. The massive nightly array of sports centre intro dunks...the trading of 50 point playoff games between VC and Allen Iverson. Beating Kobe and Shaq right in LA. He really was half man half amazing.. He was all of that and more some nights.

Great thread .. my vote goes to VC.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Feb 27, 2016, 04:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X