Raptors waive AB, sign Jason Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    I think D-League minutes are valuable as far as staying in game shape and getting reps.

As far as actual NBA preparation, I think the value is somewhat dubious. The talent is a tier below. The best player in the D-League is generally on par with a 12th man in the NBA. You aren't getting any minutes with teammates or against opposition even close to NBA starter quality.
    Yet it's obvious that college players who stay longer in college tend to come to the NBA more ready not just in terms of phyically but also skill-wise.

And the competition in college is even weaker than that of the D-League.

I'm not saying young players shouldn't get minutes with the main team, but you can develop them without playing them a lot at the top level. It is literally how the entire development system works in soccer, it's rare for a player to be integrated into the first team at a very young age unless they're a savant like Rooney or Messi or the squad has injuries.

Maybe Masai is looking at that and trying to do something similar with the D-League team.

Comment

• JT excited to join the team and talks about how the raptors are unselfish and make that extra pass to go from a good shot opportunity to a great shot opportunity. basically he has no idea what the raptors are about at all haha.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

JT excited to join the team and talks about how the raptors are unselfish and make that extra pass to go from a good shot opportunity to a great shot opportunity. basically he has no idea what the raptors are about at all haha.
        lol wat

Comment

JT excited to join the team and talks about how the raptors are unselfish and make that extra pass to go from a good shot opportunity to a great shot opportunity. basically he has no idea what the raptors are about at all haha.
          The thing is, this is true when Demar isn't on the floor. And that isn't a dig at Demar; the team just has a very different look when he's sitting.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Anyone catch masai's interview on the signing? He basically said he brought JT here to start. Talking about how he's always been a starter and was just on a stacked team, and how were weak at power forward. Those aren't direct quotes just the gist of what he said.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              Anyone catch masai's interview on the signing? He basically said he brought JT here to start. Talking about how he's always been a starter and was just on a stacked team, and how were weak at power forward. Those aren't direct quotes just the gist of what he said.

There was a HUGE disconnect between what Masai said and what Casey said.

I'm kinda convinced that Masai is giving Casey a very short leash, and taking away all excuses for a playoff failure.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Thought he was still on the Warriors. Or just used the same lines he used in training camp with them.

Comment

Anyone catch masai's interview on the signing? He basically said he brought JT here to start. Talking about how he's always been a starter and was just on a stacked team, and how were weak at power forward. Those aren't direct quotes just the gist of what he said.

Got a link?

Comment

• Another way we can get JT minutes is to cut into JJ's and play Patt for now at SF while Carroll is out.... Patt's been handling bigger SF's good. I'd like to see him on Hayward tonight in Utah.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

JT is in for a surprise unless this was all just fluff.
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Thought he was still on the Warriors. Or just used the same lines he used in training camp with them.
                        Thompson: hey dwane I need something to say to the media about your team
                        Casey: we take shots we normally make.
                        Thompson: oh so you move the ball and take smart shots?
                        Casey: ......come meet my rock.
                        Thompson: uh gotta go I think I hear the media gyus now...
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He also said "he will have a role on this team but, not as big as in the past"
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            He also said "he will have a role on this team but, not as big as in the past"
                            Yeah, I didn't hear any conflict between the two in terms of expectations for Thompson. Masai was more effusive in his praise in describing Thompson, but also stressed that he wasn't there to change anything immediately.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm sure neither masai or casey have decided his role yet or his minutes, as he hasn't played yet.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I wonder if Thompson would have signed with us if we told him he'd be an insurance policy

Comment

Working...
                                X