No announcement yet.

Raptors waive AB, sign Jason Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I agree that the best thing Casey could have said to the media was that the new guy who hasn't played all season will be getting a bunch of minutes because we have players who aren't cutting it.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      Yeah I agree that the best thing Casey could have said to the media was that the new guy who hasn't played all season will be getting a bunch of minutes because we have players who aren't cutting it.
      Ultimately the reality is that the actual decisions that have been made have backed the coaching staff into saying ridiculous things. But since they are responsible for the decisions that backed them into the forced answers I don't feel too forgiving of the bad answers anyway.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

JT excited to join the team and talks about how the raptors are unselfish and make that extra pass to go from a good shot opportunity to a great shot opportunity. basically he has no idea what the raptors are about at all haha.
        Lol, the guy with a career average of 1 assist per game is excited about making the extra pass? I guess he's still thinking about Sac and not GS.

Comment

• I see Scola getting nights off when his matched up against a stretch 4
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yeah I agree that the best thing Casey could have said to the media was that the new guy who hasn't played all season will be getting a bunch of minutes because we have players who aren't cutting it.
            This is exactly it. I fully expect JT to get some run, and when he does, if he plays well, he'll get more run, especially if Scola is crapping out. It will be gradual, but it will happen. JT's a vet, and reputation wise, seems like the type of player that Casey likes.

No one in the Raptors organization is going to come out and call out guys who are under-performing or struggling in the media. They just don't do that, and that's something I'm sure the players respect. Say the right things externally, handle the issues internally. Everyone knows why JT was brought in.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
              Everyone knows why JT was brought in.
              Crunch time center?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                This is exactly it. I fully expect JT to get some run, and when he does, if he plays well, he'll get more run, especially if Scola is crapping out. It will be gradual, but it will happen. JT's a vet, and reputation wise, seems like the type of player that Casey likes.

No one in the Raptors organization is going to come out and call out guys who are under-performing or struggling in the media. They just don't do that, and that's something I'm sure the players respect. Say the right things externally, handle the issues internally. Everyone knows why JT was brought in.
                Exactly. I've got no problem with Casey protecting his current players to the media and being more tentative about the new guy. JT will still have to earn his minutes and outplay other guys on the roster. In the meantime there's no reason to throw guys who are currently playing minutes under the bus. You don't even know whether or not JT will work out - you might still need those guys.

Of course Masai is also going to sing the praises of the guy he just signed.

MU and Casey are both just doing their respective jobs.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Exactly. I've got no problem with Casey protecting his current players to the media and being more tentative about the new guy. JT will still have to earn his minutes and outplay other guys on the roster. In the meantime there's no reason to throw guys who are currently playing minutes under the bus. You don't even know whether or not JT will work out - you might still need those guys.

Of course Masai is also going to sing the praises of the guy he just signed.

MU and Casey are both just doing their respective jobs.
                  True, I think I was reading into the disconnect too much that's my mistake for stirring that up lol.

Yeah basically they both said what they're supposed to (Casey assuring his players that they're still going to get their minutes, and Masai assuring fans that he signed a quality player).

Comment

• Yea I didn't really expect Casey to say any different. I'm just hoping he doesn't actually mean it and he's going to find JT minutes. I also hope when JT does get minutes he kills it so Casey will be forced to play him. If he plays like shit Casey is just going to play Scola even more.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Yea I didn't really expect Casey to say any different. I'm just hoping he doesn't actually mean it and he's going to find JT minutes. I also hope when JT does get minutes he kills it so Casey will be forced to play him. If he plays like shit Casey is just going to play Scola even more.
                      JT doesn't kill it. He's the definition of average. Which is good lol. Just give us solid defense and rebounding and don't run the offense thru like u do scola and I'm content
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        JT doesn't kill it. He's the definition of average. Which is good lol. Just give us solid defense and rebounding and don't run the offense thru like u do scola and I'm content
                        I know that lol. Kill it wasn't the right word sorry. I should have just said he better play well or just play better than Scola.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          I know that lol. Kill it wasn't the right word sorry. I should have just said he better play well or just play better than Scola.
                          At this point it really isn't hard to play better than Scola lol

Comment

• PJ Brown type of production.. if anyone remembers him.

Comparison: http://bkref.com/tiny/8i3um

Comment

• I've seen Thompson stuff the stat sheet in sactown. Dude can rebound and score I can tell you that much

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                PJ Brown type of production.. if anyone remembers him.

Comparison: http://bkref.com/tiny/8i3um

PJ Brown
                                ORTG : 110
                                DRTG : 102

JT
                                ORTG : 107
                                DRTG : 110

Should this be at all concerning? Whats the deal with ORTG and DRTG? From what I understand, its better to use it as a comparison to the Team's ORTG/DRTG as a whole, right? Comparing it player to player doesnt show any real value?

Comment

Working...
                                X