No announcement yet.

Raptors waive AB, sign Jason Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of bummer for Bennett .. odds of him getting another NBA contract are basically Zero. Would like to see him to go to Europe, and come back ala PJ Tucker.

Comment

God speed Anthony. Wish you the best.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Kind of bummer for Bennett .. odds of him getting another NBA contract are basically Zero. Would like to see him to go to Europe, and come back ala PJ Tucker.
        He's actually a great dude too. Quiet, reserved, but a kid at heart. He really just wants to get better and be able to contribute
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

So his chances of getting another NBA contract are zero, but you think he should go to Europe and then come back for an NBA contract ala PJ Tucker. So his chances of getting another NBA contract aren't zero.

If you're talking this year, then I agree he probably won't be on an NBA roster, but Bennett is a guy I could easily see back in a year or two after playing outside the NBA.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            He's actually a great dude too. Quiet, reserved, but a kid at heart. He really just wants to get better and be able to contribute
            Exactly. And I think that reservedness partially led to his inability to have any effect on the court.

Comment

Raptors waive AB, sign Jason Thompson

Apparently the Suns are interested. Could help the tank for them and real minutes might do him some good
              Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Mon Feb 29, 2016, 05:07 PM.
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                So his chances of getting another NBA contract are zero, but you think he should go to Europe and then come back for an NBA contract ala PJ Tucker. So his chances of getting another NBA contract aren't zero.

If you're talking this year, then I agree he probably won't be on an NBA roster, but Bennett is a guy I could easily see back in a year or two after playing outside the NBA.
                Yes, sorry, I thought it was clear what I meant there, but yes that is what I meant.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  What's funny about the Scola/Patterson discussion is that going into the season, the starting gig was Patterson's to lose. In my mind, Patterson's still the default starter even if both guys are playing equally well.
                  Patterson's to lose... I guess it was silly of Patterson to approach pre-season the way DeMar did, trying out new stuff in advance of the regular season.

It was his to lose because he was clearly the right choice.

I despise the entire concept of being able to lose a role in pre-season. Give the guy some real games to judge his fit on. Not 4 pre-season games.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Exactly. And I think that reservedness partially led to his inability to have any effect on the court.
                    Agreed. I think another factor was that, not having had a full training camp with the team, he never really felt like a full part of it, and the guys never really embraaaaaced him as I think was needed. That leads to being uncomfortable making plays, decisions, etc. And that was definitely a factor for his non-impactful tenure

Comment

Apparently the Suns are interested. Could help the tank for them and real minutes might do him some food
                      No he needs less food!! No more food for Bennett!

Comment

Apparently the Suns are interested. Could help the tank for them and real minutes might do him some good
                        Honestly, I'd prefer one of the shit NBA teams picks him up and plays him decent minutes the rest of the season. Playing NBA minutes on a team with zero expectations is the best thing for him right now.

Comment

Agreed. I think another factor was that, not having had a full training camp with the team, he never really felt like a full part of it, and the guys never really embraaaaaced him as I think was needed. That leads to being uncomfortable making plays, decisions, etc. And that was definitely a factor for his non-impactful tenure
                          Ya I think this is a great point ... did we EVER see AB being chummy with the team? Have we ever even seen him laugh and have fun with the game? You could see the guy lives in his head when he's on the floor, and every missed shot or turnover, you can just tell he's apologizing after every play and just going further into his shell.

Comment

A big thank you to Masai for addressing the one glaring need on the team.

Thompson isn't really a needle mover, what he gives on D, he takes away on O (a less extreme version of Biz).

Still have hope Patterson is a starter come playoff time.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              A big thank you to Masai for addressing the one glaring need on the team.

Thompson isn't really a needle mover, what he gives on D, he takes away on O (a less extreme version of Biz).

Still have hope Patterson is a starter come playoff time.
                              Not sure if it was you, but someone posted we were the only top 5 team that didn't do anything to improve their roster. Well now it's done, we're just like the rest. All hail Masai.
                              Last edited by Primer; Mon Feb 29, 2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                                Now sure if it was you, but someone posted we were the only top 5 team that didn't do anything to improve their roster. Well now it's done, we're just like the rest. All hail Masai.
                                Yeah, it was me.

Glad to see MU show he cares enough about the present, even if it meant sacrificing a bit of future potential.

Any minutes Thompson takes from Scola will be good minutes.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X