No announcement yet.

Raptors waive AB, sign Jason Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the obvious risk, although we can't plan for Casey...

Casey decides that he's going to give Thompson Patterson's minutes, because Scola's 'not struggling'.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Am I reading his stats right...he's only taken 27 3 pointers over his entire career, and only hit one?!!

Comment

Do we just start giving Scola nights off? I'd probably prefer to play the Scola who started the season with us over Thompson, but I'd much rather play Thompson over the Scola we have now.

I guess ideal for me is start PPat, and then let Thompson play the bench while giving Scola some rest.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Considering pattersons been getting like 30 plus minutes lately I don't this changes his status as the teams most played 4
          He could still be the most played 4 while losing a handful of minutes.

The best case scenario is a straight minutes swap between Scola & Thompson though.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Now the only question is, will Casey bench Scola?

Comment

Side note: I thought we retired "AB" when primo left..
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Good move. Zero risk. Imagine we try to get Bennett onto the 905 now.
                Honestly; for me, that's what makes this a "win/win" move. Granted; that's assuming Thompson eats into Scola's minutes and not Patterson's. This also gets Bennett more game time as an exclusive 905-er so that he can continue to be a project player.

Now if Patterson moves to the starter spot; Thompson eats into Scola's [if he doesn't improve via moving to the bench] and Bennett signs with the 905; it'd be a "win/win/win" move.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Am I reading his stats right...he's only taken 27 3 pointers over his entire career, and only hit one?!!
                  Yeah, is that surprising? This guy isn't a stretch 4 by any means.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                    Here's the obvious risk, although we can't plan for Casey...

Casey decides that he's going to give Thompson Patterson's minutes, because Scola's 'not struggling'.
                    Case is a really old school guy, but you really can't plan for him though.

Yesterday I was just remarking to my friends, around the 8-7 minute mark of the 4th that I would have put the kids on by now, but Case will probably wait until there's 50 seconds left. Next dead ball, who is on the floor? Norman, Delon, Lucas. Totally made me eat my words almost as I was saying them.

That dead ball with 40~ seconds left yesterday, I would've called a time out, drawn up a random/simple play for the young guys and see if they can execute. That way they can get some experience running a play in a game, and could put some pressure on the youngns and make it fun. Friends said that's "unsportsmanlike". I get that yeah, the game is over, whatever. But we're not the ones leading, were not rubbing anything in, were just trying to get our young guys reps.... Case is too old school for that though
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Thompson is 29 though, and has started for years. That could be enough "vet" for Casey.
                      Scola ain't just any old vet.....

“Luis is in that group. He’s a vet’s vet. I’m glad he’s on our team. He’s been a valuable piece for us and whatever he decides to do, I hope he’s with us.” -- Casey.
                      http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...ors-coach.html

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Honestly; for me, that's what makes this a "win/win" move. Granted; that's assuming Thompson eats into Scola's minutes and not Patterson's. This also gets Bennett more game time as an exclusive 905-er so that he can continue to be a project player.

Now if Patterson moves to the starter spot; Thompson eats into Scola's [if he doesn't improve via moving to the bench] and Bennett signs with the 905; it'd be a "win/win/win" move.
                        The Canadian in me thinks it's cool to continue calling bennett a project, the realist in me says he's not an nba player and never will be

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Side note: I thought we retired "AB" when primo left..
                          Lol I've been watching the Raps since 2003, I've never called him AB. Mostly just Bargs or Bargnani. Probably just me though
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I would be so much happier with this move if it were Scola we waived. But we didn't so nothing is going to change rotation wise. *Sigh*
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Aaaah. A vets vet. Even veterans think he's old as fuck

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, is that surprising? This guy isn't a stretch 4 by any means.
                                A little bit. I would have imagined they wouldn't want to bring in players that don't have the ability to hit 3's. Could have gone with Ronald Roberts (as was rumoured) if they were looking for another Forward. Perhaps they wanted someone who is more NBA tested?

Comment

Working...
                                X