Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Doesn't the game thread say Utah?
    Oh ok. It's just because your post came right after one about golden state lol so it seemed like you were talking about them.

Comment

Your wrong. He was good for us at the beginning of the year. +/- does not define good basketball. There's more to the game than stats.
      Just out of curiousity; what measurement should be used?

Because, ignoring +/-, even when Scola's been good ... the team's been better without him on the court. Something that is also visibly seen with the eye test. Yes, there's more to basketball then +/- ... but by literally [almost] every empirical measure as well as the eye test, Scola hasn't been good.

Is he a bad player? Absolutely not. Is he being placed in a role that people have been saying would be a bad fit for him since the pre-season? Yes.
      Last edited by Just Is; Wed Mar 2, 2016, 03:58 PM.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
        Just out of curiousity; what measurement should be used?

Because, ignoring +/-, even when Scola's been good ... the team's been better with him on the court. Something that is also visibly seen with the eye test. Yes, there's more to basketball then +/- ... but by literally [almost] every empirical measure as well as the eye test, Scola hasn't been good.

Is he a bad player? Absolutely not. Is he being placed in a role that people have been saying would be a bad fit for him since the pre-season? Yes.
        The funniest thing is that his justification for Patterson not being that good is stats.

So Scola's bad stats don't matter, but Patterson's bad stats TOTALLY matter.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
          I don't have them in the finals personally. Idk why, no logic just a gut feeling but I think they're going to choke.

I'm taking the field.
          The only team capable of beating healthy golden state in 7 is San Antonio. They are the closest thing to impossible to beat at home that we have seen in our lifetime of team sports
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
            The funniest thing is that his justification for Patterson not being that good is stats.

So Scola's bad stats don't matter, but Patterson's bad stats TOTALLY matter.
            That's because Scola provides all those "intangibles".

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
              I don't have them in the finals personally. Idk why, no logic just a gut feeling but I think they're going to choke.

I'm taking the field.
              Also the field actually pays better than just taking golden state which is unprecedented lol. You should slap some money down i think its up to +130

Comment

Your wrong. He was good for us at the beginning of the year. +/- does not define good basketball. There's more to the game than stats.
                You don't have a platform to talk about stats. You still think analytics and +/- are the same thing.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                  You don't have a platform to talk about stats. You still think analytics and +/- are the same thing.
                  At this point I'm almost positive Christian is dwane casey.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                    Cause everybody here has the platform to talk about pro coaching? Do we have some retired pro coaches that post here?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Cause everybody here has the platform to talk about pro coaching? Do we have some retired pro coaches that post here?
                      Do you have to be an nba player to talk about the players? Do you have to be a professional rapper to comment on a drake or eminem album? Do you have to be to a politician to give your view on Trudeau?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Do you have to be an nba player to talk about the players? Do you have to be a professional rapper to comment on a drake or eminem album? Do you have to be to a politician to give your view on Trudeau?
                        So you're saying it's OK for Christian to talk about analytics?
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          So you're saying it's OK for Christian to talk about analytics?
                          No because you have to at least have a basic understanding of those examples I mentioned to comment on them

Comment

A friendly reminder that the forum rules clearly state that fellow posters should not be the topic of conversation, and that differing opinions should be respected.

Comment

Chances we see a 10-man rotation tonight with Thompson logging minutes?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                No because you have to at least have a basic understanding of those examples I mentioned to comment on them
                                So you have to pass some sort of test to comment on Drake?
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X