ESPN First Take: Raptors Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN First Take: Raptors Related

Have a listen to what Stephen A. Smith had to say about our beloved Raptors. (Fast Forward to 11:30)

No thanks
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Buffoons.

Comment

Meh.

Comment

I'd rather lay down with my head under the back wheel of a car than hit the play button on that video. Those two are the epitome of everything that is wrong with American sports talking heads.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Lol he likes our style of play.
            OG is our king

Comment

"Toronto would be more interesting than Cleveland in an NBA Finals [with Golden State]"

wooooo

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                Lol he likes our style of play.
                I wonder how many Raptors' games did he watch this season?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  I wonder how many Raptors' games did he watch this season?
                  He watched us last Friday. We are 1-0 and Lowry is averaging 43 ppg
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

Actually agree with Screamin' Eh on that point.

Like a great boxing match, contrasting styles can make for a good fight. The Raps grind it out, get to the FT line, physical style of play visibly bothered GSW at times and took them out of their free flowing shooting rhythm. Especially the first game in GS where the Raps got jobbed by the refs on the Lowry foul call. The GSW commentators were praising the game plan and forcing GSW to play our style. OKC plays a similar style, but probably not as physical as the Raps.

Comment

It's true though, we match up better against GSW than Cavs. Doesn't mean we'll beat them, but we match up better.

Comment

Plus I think everybody not living in Cleveland is tired of lebron in the finals. Even with a healthy team does anybody really need to see ol baldy drag a bunch of carcasses to a 5 game series loss again this year??

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Actually agree with Screamin' Eh on that point.

Like a great boxing match, contrasting styles can make for a good fight. The Raps grind it out, get to the FT line, physical style of play visibly bothered GSW at times and took them out of their free flowing shooting rhythm. Especially the first game in GS where the Raps got jobbed by the refs on the Lowry foul call. The GSW commentators were praising the game plan and forcing GSW to play our style. OKC plays a similar style, but probably not as physical as the Raps.
                            This. The Raptors play style is how you're supposed to beat the Warriors. The problems for us are first of all that we likely wouldn't exploit Jonas enough (he could eat Bogut) and also the fact that I'm not sure Lowry/DD can be consistently great enough offensively to get us the points we need.

But the strategy is definitely correct. GS you want to create 1 on 1 situations, get to the FT Line and just generally make the game ugly as fuck. You get in a smooth, quick passing up and down game with them and the scoreboard's gonna read 30-10 before you can blink.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                              This. The Raptors play style is how you're supposed to beat the Warriors. The problems for us are first of all that we likely wouldn't exploit Jonas enough (he could eat Bogut) and also the fact that I'm not sure Lowry/DD can be consistently great enough offensively to get us the points we need.

But the strategy is definitely correct. GS you want to create 1 on 1 situations, get to the FT Line and just generally make the game ugly as fuck. You get in a smooth, quick passing up and down game with them and the scoreboard's gonna read 30-10 before you can blink.
                              Yep. People forget how close Memphis game to beating golden state in last year series, very well could have had they stayed healthy

Comment

Working...
                              X