X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    We already know Lebron + weak supporting cast can't win the Finals. Lebron can get almost any EC team to the Finals in one season, but he can't beat the West.

2-4 Finals record already. What if Lebron gets there again and is 2-5? At what point does he start looking like the Buffalo Bills of NBA superstars?
    Will probably never enter the Bills discussion because he's won.

Even Jordan couldn't get the Wizards anywhere

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    The Warriors still have to get through San Antonio and OKC

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    We already know Lebron + weak supporting cast can't win the Finals. Lebron can get almost any EC team to the Finals in one season, but he can't beat the West.

2-4 Finals record already. What if Lebron gets there again and is 2-5? At what point does he start looking like the Buffalo Bills of NBA superstars?

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Only thing Cleveland has that would challenge the Warriors is Lebron.

The Raptors has played really well against the Warriors this season.
    This is kind of a big deal though. Superstars make a huge difference in the playoffs.

And btw the Warriors are by no means a lock to be in the finals.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Only thing Cleveland has that would challenge the Warriors is Lebron.

The Raptors has played really well against the Warriors this season.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Most surprising thing about this is that Stephen A actually knows about the Raptors. I watch First Take all the time cause it's hilarious (I think people hate on it because they don't realize the whole thing is supposed to be entertainment/comedy not real basketball analysis), and I don't remember him ever mentioning us before.
    39-19 brings you attention

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Most surprising thing about this is that Stephen A actually knows about the Raptors. I watch First Take all the time cause it's hilarious (I think people hate on it because they don't realize the whole thing is supposed to be entertainment/comedy not real basketball analysis), and I don't remember him ever mentioning us before.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    This. The Raptors play style is how you're supposed to beat the Warriors. The problems for us are first of all that we likely wouldn't exploit Jonas enough (he could eat Bogut) and also the fact that I'm not sure Lowry/DD can be consistently great enough offensively to get us the points we need.

But the strategy is definitely correct. GS you want to create 1 on 1 situations, get to the FT Line and just generally make the game ugly as fuck. You get in a smooth, quick passing up and down game with them and the scoreboard's gonna read 30-10 before you can blink.
    But by that logic Cavs should be a bigger problem against Golden State. They have two of the best ISO scorers in the league in Kyrie and Lebron. Combined, both are better than Lowry/DD.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We definitely have the guys to keep steph working. Cojo actually probably plays more minutes as the "1" than lowry does, and he's a fucking energizer bunny
    Without Shumpert healthy, the Cavs basically don't have anyone who can guard Steph. It's a huge problem.

I'm not saying you can shut him down, but you at least need to try to take him out of his rhythm a little bit, and Kyrie struggling to get over screens won't do that.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Yep you have to grind the game to a halt. Playing uptempo is a recipe for disaster. Then you start giving up turnovers and they just start bombarding you with transition threes and the game get out of hand.

I actually think what cost Memphis was Conley not being healthy. You have to have someone to at least make Steph expend energy defensively. Plus they needed the offense he could've given them.
    We definitely have the guys to keep steph working. Cojo actually probably plays more minutes as the "1" than lowry does, and he's a fucking energizer bunny

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Yep. People forget how close Memphis game to beating golden state in last year series, very well could have had they stayed healthy
    Yep you have to grind the game to a halt. Playing uptempo is a recipe for disaster. Then you start giving up turnovers and they just start bombarding you with transition threes and the game get out of hand.

I actually think what cost Memphis was Conley not being healthy. You have to have someone to at least make Steph expend energy defensively. Plus they needed the offense he could've given them.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    This. The Raptors play style is how you're supposed to beat the Warriors. The problems for us are first of all that we likely wouldn't exploit Jonas enough (he could eat Bogut) and also the fact that I'm not sure Lowry/DD can be consistently great enough offensively to get us the points we need.

But the strategy is definitely correct. GS you want to create 1 on 1 situations, get to the FT Line and just generally make the game ugly as fuck. You get in a smooth, quick passing up and down game with them and the scoreboard's gonna read 30-10 before you can blink.
    Yep. People forget how close Memphis game to beating golden state in last year series, very well could have had they stayed healthy

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Actually agree with Screamin' Eh on that point.

Like a great boxing match, contrasting styles can make for a good fight. The Raps grind it out, get to the FT line, physical style of play visibly bothered GSW at times and took them out of their free flowing shooting rhythm. Especially the first game in GS where the Raps got jobbed by the refs on the Lowry foul call. The GSW commentators were praising the game plan and forcing GSW to play our style. OKC plays a similar style, but probably not as physical as the Raps.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Plus I think everybody not living in Cleveland is tired of lebron in the finals. Even with a healthy team does anybody really need to see ol baldy drag a bunch of carcasses to a 5 game series loss again this year??

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    It's true though, we match up better against GSW than Cavs. Doesn't mean we'll beat them, but we match up better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X