Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40 before 20

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 40 before 20

    We are now 40-19

    I think it was either Shaq or Chuck who said this a few years ago (plz correct me if i'm wrong)
    but if you win 40 before losing 20, You are considered a Contender in the NBA
    Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  • #2
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    We are now 40-19

    I think it was either Shaq or Chuck who said this a few years ago (plz correct me if i'm wrong)
    but if you win 40 before losing 20, You are considered a Contender in the NBA
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1430246

    correction - It was PHil Jackson who said that
    Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

    Comment


    • #3
      Yup.

      Comment


      • #4
        WE'RE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!!!l!!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

        Comment


        • #5
          007 wrote: View Post
          WE'RE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!!!l!!
          Then you remember golden state getting 60 before 6
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • #6
            hahahahahaha

            Comment


            • #7
              KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Then you remember golden state getting 60 before 6
              LOL. GSW making PJax look like an NBA relic, yet again.

              Comment


              • #8
                golden wrote: View Post
                LOL. GSW making PJax look like an NBA relic, yet again.
                Yes the W may beat the Bulls record still a nice milestone for the Raps I do like Lowrys statement of playoff sucess is what is his focus is as the leader hopefully his teammates follow that ideal
                Last edited by rightsideup; Thu Mar 3rd, 2016, 02:57 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Contender is not the same thing as championship favourite, just means you're in the convo.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Contender is not the same thing as championship favourite, just means you're in the convo.
                    When someone says contender, I think a team capable of making it to the Conference Finals, which I'd say the Raptors are.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A.I wrote: View Post
                      When someone says contender, I think a team capable of making it to the Conference Finals, which I'd say the Raptors are.
                      Anything less than conference finals would be under-performing really. If you lose to the Cavs oh well, but there's no excuse for not beating any of the other 6 playoff teams in the east. Imo if we don't go to the conference finals, Casey needs to go (I'd argue he needs to go anyway, but you can't really justify firing a coach that gets you that deep when you've never been anywhere close before).

                      But just winning one series with this roster isn't good enough imo.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        golden wrote: View Post
                        LOL. GSW making PJax look like an NBA relic, yet again.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            JWash wrote: View Post
                            Anything less than conference finals would be under-performing really. If you lose to the Cavs oh well, but there's no excuse for not beating any of the other 6 playoff teams in the east. Imo if we don't go to the conference finals, Casey needs to go (I'd argue he needs to go anyway, but you can't really justify firing a coach that gets you that deep when you've never been anywhere close before).

                            But just winning one series with this roster isn't good enough imo.
                            Which makes it really funny that posters are obsessing about who we should play in the 1st round. Contenders don't give a crap who they play...other than they'd want a short flight.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              A.I wrote: View Post
                              When someone says contender, I think a team capable of making it to the Conference Finals, which I'd say the Raptors are.
                              This is my definition of a "contender" too. A final four team.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X