Game 60 - Portland Trail Blazers 115 - Toronto Raptors 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    It's not DeMar hate here. He was flat out amazing tonight. I'm just saying it's hard to crap on everyone else because all they had was table scraps available for them tonight.

We have 24 assists in our last two games combined. We're doing a TERRIBLE job creating offense for other guys. And before someone says 'well guys aren't hitting shots', we have 31 potential assists in our last two games. Again, COMBINED.
    No I agree with you. To me tonight had more to do with Portland's horrible defense on Demar than guys struggling. I wasn't crapping on anymore. I'm just trying to explain why maybe Demar didn't pass as much tonight.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      No I agree with you. To me tonight had more to do with Portland's horrible defense on Demar than guys struggling. I wasn't crapping on anymore. I'm just trying to explain why maybe Demar didn't pass as much tonight.
      Wasn't saying you were, but if you go back through the thread there's a LOT of posts about how our supporting cast hasn't brought it the last two games. I'm saying that story isn't that simple.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Wasn't saying you were, but if you go back through the thread there's a LOT of posts about how our supporting cast hasn't brought it the last two games. I'm saying that story isn't that simple.
        Agreed. Ross did play bad d tonight and took a few quick shots but as you said neither him nor Patterson got many looks and neither got good looks. Patterson still played with a lot of energy defensively though. Ross was a little off energy wise tonight to me.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Missed the game. But it takes an incredible level of skill, willpower and focus to get to the free throw line 25 times in one game and knock down 24 of them. Kudos to DeRozan.

Judging from the boxscore it looks like it was basically the battle of the backcourts, might re-watch this one later.

Comment

There isn't a whole lot of other offensive opportunities to go around when one player is eating up 65% true usage. Ross had 10 frontcourt touches in 22 minutes tonight, for instance.
            How did you come up with this number?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              Missed the game. But it takes an incredible level of skill, willpower and focus to get to the free throw line 25 times in one game and knock down 24 of them. Kudos to DeRozan.

Judging from the boxscore it looks like it was basically the battle of the backcourts, might re-watch this one later.
              I don't want to diminish DeMar having a good night, but the whistle was awful tonight. The refs had no handle on this game and called an absurd amount of fouls. Pretty disgraceful display from them.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I don't want to diminish DeMar having a good night, but the whistle was awful tonight. The refs had no handle on this game and called an absurd amount of fouls. Pretty disgraceful display from them.
                No this is completely true. I hate when refs do that. It just ruins the game.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                  How did you come up with this number?
                  True usage is a bit more complicated usage descriptor than the normal one as it measures a combination of playmaking usage, scoring usage and turnover usage.

Anyway he's not really telling the full story. Just putting out a huge number so it seems worse than it actually is. The top usage guys in the league average around 50% true usage on a nightly basis. So someone being at 65% in one off game when they went to the free throw line 25 times is not crazy.

Comment

It's not DeMar hate here. He was flat out amazing tonight. I'm just saying it's hard to crap on everyone else because all they had was table scraps available for them tonight.

We have 24 assists in our last two games combined. We're doing a TERRIBLE job creating offense for other guys. And before someone says 'well guys aren't hitting shots', we have 31 potential assists in our last two games. Again, COMBINED.
                    diamond in the goats ass: we are shooting 77.4% when/if we make a decent pass...

Comment

• Winners: Derozan. Raptors.
                      Honourable mention: Damian Lillard.
                      Losers: Referees. Silly stats presented without context.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        True usage is a bit more complicated usage descriptor than the normal one as it measures a combination of playmaking usage, scoring usage and turnover usage.

Anyway he's not really telling the full story. Just putting out a huge number so it seems worse than it actually is. The top usage guys in the league average around 50% true usage on a nightly basis. So someone being at 65% in one off game when they went to the free throw line 25 times is not crazy.
                        I know, I'm just wondering how you go about calculating it. Also I don't think comparing points to true usage really makes sense considering that it takes into account playmaking usage. PGs average the highest true usage in the league but do not typically score the most points.

Comment

• Yeah if I did the math right DD was at 42.5% usage, which is higher than his ~30% usage but not really crazy. Cousins leads the league at around 36%.

I remember the days when people would rag on DD for 20 points on 20 FGAs.... now he's at 38 on 19 and usage is the concern. I mean yeah it's not a great habit to get into but games like this happen from time to time. I'd wait to see if it becomes a trend but I doubt that it will. (Aside from our ongoing reversion to heroball under the tenure of DC, which is an established phenomenon.)

Comment

• I just wanna say Nick Nurse is 17-1 now when doing halftime interviews.

#Interviewtheman

Comment

• WIN! But Ross didn't touch the ball more so the team sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                I just wanna say Nick Nurse is 17-1 now when doing halftime interviews.

#Interviewtheman
                                And here I thought I'd never get over Sterner's captivating halftime gaze...

Comment

Working...
                                X