Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Dream scenario for rr posters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dream scenario for rr posters.

    Given OKC's recent struggles against elite teams there is a reasonable chance OKC could fall to 4th and play Memphis is first round. Imagine a scenario where OKC gets bounced in 5 games in first round. Then imagine Raptors going to Eastern conference finals and losing to CAVS in 7. Kevin Durant might look at his free agency options and think that outside of CLE and GSW that signing with Toronto might be his best route to an NBA championship . Imagine a lineup of KL/DD/DC/KD/JV with TR CJ coming off the bench. We could even be favoured over CLE. I know DanH will tell us it may not be possible cap wise but oh man would that be sweet. It certainly though not likely is not as improbable as 8 months ago given Wizards and western conference current status.

  • #2
    Only real path to it happening is a sign and trade at this point.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • #3
      My guess is that the starting point of negotiations (from OKC's perspective) would be DeRozan and at least one future 1st round pick.

      The Raptors would need to include at least one major piece, just from a financial perspective, to balance salaries in a S&T (ie: DeRozan, JV, Carroll).

      I suppose they could deal away significant salary for players with non-guaranteed contracts, to clear enough space to sign Durant outright. Here's a page that lists all the non-guaranteed contracts for next season: http://en.hispanosnba.com/transactio...teed-contracts

      Comment


      • #4
        Sign and trade almost certainly would not include DD - there is a reason Durant would choose to sign her and it is almost assuredly to play beside DD and Lowry. The one other piece the Raps should insist on not including is JV.

        Odds are the only package that makes sense for OKC would be Ross/Pat/prospects/probably a sign and traded JJ with non-guaranteed salary after next year, plus a pick or two. Young wing with potential, a couple expirings, and prospects/picks.

        The alternative would be to let Durant walk to some other city for no return at all.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • #5
          CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          My guess is that the starting point of negotiations (from OKC's perspective) would be DeRozan and at least one future 1st round pick.

          The Raptors would need to include at least one major piece, just from a financial perspective, to balance salaries in a S&T (ie: DeRozan, JV, Carroll).

          I suppose they could deal away significant salary for players with non-guaranteed contracts, to clear enough space to sign Durant outright. Here's a page that lists all the non-guaranteed contracts for next season: http://en.hispanosnba.com/transactio...teed-contracts
          How can the starting point of negotiations be DeRozan when we wouldn't even have DeRozan under contract? Now as far as I know a double sign-and-trade is technically possible (DanH can correct me on this if that's not the case, if so that makes your suggestion completely impossible), but in order to include DeRozan in that he would have to want to go to OKC. Which I doubt would be the case.

          The sign and trades that would be feasible would be Carroll+2Pat, 2Pat+Ross+prospects, Carroll+Ross, (I suppose you could move Lowry or Valanciunas as well but that would be moronic). Also OKC doesn't have a ton of leverage in a sign and trade. I mean if they really don't want a contract like Carroll's they can negotiate for something else or ask for picks to be included to sweeten the deal. But the other option would be to piss off Durant and his agent/agency and watch him walk for absolutely nothing somewhere else, which makes zero sense from OKC's perspective.

          If Durant wants to come here, he'll be on the team. And so will Lowry, DeRozan and Valanciunas imho.

          Comment


          • #6
            You know, if I was on a date with Jennifer Lawrence at a Raptors game we'd probably start off by sharing a dozen oysters at The Platinum Club with some wine, then after a bottle or two we'd just move on to cheeseburger fries with some MGD's and then...oh sorry, isn't this where everyone senselessly posts their daydream fantasies?

            Two beer away from being two beers away.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wouldn't Carroll + Ross be pretty much right for salaries? Carroll would be a stopgap for a couple years and Ross slides in at the 2. Add picks/prospects and at least they get some value.

              That said, a scenario where Durant and OKC loses to Memphis in 5 with Zach Randolph playing the 5 is about as fantastical as you can get. (Edit: Looks like Chris Andersen is filling in now after they tried Randolph at the 5 and Wright got hurt again. Still, they're talent-starved with Gasol out.)

              Far more likely that they get bounced by the Spurs in the 2nd round. Which could still be enough to make KD want to come east.

              As things stand now we have a pretty nice road to the ECF. http://www.nbaplayoffsbracket.com/2016/index.php As long as the Heat and Wiz stay out of our bracket we could definitely get farther than the Thunder. Still think it's hard to see him leaving Russ and co, but we probably have a slim chance.
              Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Mar 4th, 2016, 10:05 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                JWash wrote: View Post
                How can the starting point of negotiations be DeRozan when we wouldn't even have DeRozan under contract? Now as far as I know a double sign-and-trade is technically possible (DanH can correct me on this if that's not the case, if so that makes your suggestion completely impossible), but in order to include DeRozan in that he would have to want to go to OKC. Which I doubt would be the case.

                The sign and trades that would be feasible would be Carroll+2Pat, 2Pat+Ross+prospects, Carroll+Ross, (I suppose you could move Lowry or Valanciunas as well but that would be moronic). Also OKC doesn't have a ton of leverage in a sign and trade. I mean if they really don't want a contract like Carroll's they can negotiate for something else or ask for picks to be included to sweeten the deal. But the other option would be to piss off Durant and his agent/agency and watch him walk for absolutely nothing somewhere else, which makes zero sense from OKC's perspective.

                If Durant wants to come here, he'll be on the team. And so will Lowry, DeRozan and Valanciunas imho.
                My assumption was based on DeRozan having been re-signed by that point. I just think that's what OKC would ask for. OKC would definitely have leverage, assuming Toronto doesn't have the cap space to sign Durant outright.

                As for what I'd offer, if MU is seeking my input, I'd try to include Carroll as the financial centerpiece (along with prospects/picks). For me, JV would be untouchable. Lowry wouldn't make sense because his salary would require additional big-money pieces, plus he's redundant for OKC (Westbrook). Some combination of Patterson/Joseph/Ross (along with prospects/picks) could work financially, but part of me still thinks that Ross fits in a Durant/Lowry/JV/Carroll lineup better than DeRozan does (and it would be less players being unloaded), plus I'm not sure if a Patterson/Ross offer would be sufficient from OKC's perspective.

                It all comes down to how far OKC is ready to go to play hard-ball, when it comes to negotiating a S&T with Toronto.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Wouldn't Carroll + Ross be pretty much right for salaries? Carroll would be a stopgap for a couple years and Ross slides in at the 2. Add picks/prospects and at least they get some value.
                  Yeah, that was my dream scenario when the Durant talk was on the go earlier in the season. Two starting caliber 3&D type wings + a backup PG prospect like Wright and the Clips 2017 1st would be a pretty good package for OKC. Could even through in another pick if necessary. Seems like a good haul, and I would imagine OKC would still be quite competitive.

                  I guess keeping Carroll would be ideal from a Raps perspective, but a JV, Patterson, Durant, Dero, Lowry starting unit looks pretty solid too, with Cojo, Powell, Bebe and the Knuggets pick filling out the bench.

                  Seems like a win win from both sides if Durant does want to leave OKC. BOS may look like an attractive destination for Durant as well, and would be a fantastic S&T partner for OKC.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If durant wanted to come here, I think okc needs to be happy with getting Ross,Carroll back because they dont have a lot of leverage at that point, unless they want to operate in bad faith. Maybe give them one of the firsts.
                    A okc team with Westbrook, Ross, Carroll, Ibaka, Adams is an awesome fit. Westbrook gets to go ham with shooting/ defence around him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      My assumption was based on DeRozan having been re-signed by that point. I just think that's what OKC would ask for. OKC would definitely have leverage, assuming Toronto doesn't have the cap space to sign Durant outright.

                      As for what I'd offer, if MU is seeking my input, I'd try to include Carroll as the financial centerpiece (along with prospects/picks). For me, JV would be untouchable. Lowry wouldn't make sense because his salary would require additional big-money pieces, plus he's redundant for OKC (Westbrook). Some combination of Patterson/Joseph/Ross (along with prospects/picks) could work financially, but part of me still thinks that Ross fits in a Durant/Lowry/JV/Carroll lineup better than DeRozan does (and it would be less players being unloaded), plus I'm not sure if a Patterson/Ross offer would be sufficient from OKC's perspective.

                      It all comes down to how far OKC is ready to go to play hard-ball, when it comes to negotiating a S&T with Toronto.
                      I don't think OKC would have leverage if Durant said he wanted to come to Toronto. You lose him for nothing or get something back for him. It would be like when Bosh went to Heat and left Toronto with barely anything.

                      I think JV would be the trade piece that would have problems have both teams hesitating. OKC wanted JV for Harden a few years back, but then they have Kanter now.

                      Would you guys do JV + Ross + Prospects/Picks/Filler for salary balance? Or would that gut our team too much

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        My assumption was based on DeRozan having been re-signed by that point. I just think that's what OKC would ask for. OKC would definitely have leverage, assuming Toronto doesn't have the cap space to sign Durant outright.

                        As for what I'd offer, if MU is seeking my input, I'd try to include Carroll as the financial centerpiece (along with prospects/picks). For me, JV would be untouchable. Lowry wouldn't make sense because his salary would require additional big-money pieces, plus he's redundant for OKC (Westbrook). Some combination of Patterson/Joseph/Ross (along with prospects/picks) could work financially, but part of me still thinks that Ross fits in a Durant/Lowry/JV/Carroll lineup better than DeRozan does (and it would be less players being unloaded), plus I'm not sure if a Patterson/Ross offer would be sufficient from OKC's perspective.

                        It all comes down to how far OKC is ready to go to play hard-ball, when it comes to negotiating a S&T with Toronto.
                        If DeRozan is re-signed we wouldn't be able to trade him until December 2016 anyway...

                        Teams losing their free agents don't have much leverage in a sign and trade. You're basically getting free assets for a player who is GONE. Trying to play hard-ball will only result in you getting nothing and pissing off the other organization, the player and his agency which isn't good for your team going forwards.

                        You give them Ross+2Pat some prospects and picks in a sign and trade they're going to accept it, period. They might not be willing to take Carroll because of his age, but in that case you'd just go with the first package. At the end of the day you're going to come up with something that works and no you're not giving them your best players for a player they're losing anyway, they don't have that kind of leverage.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I still don't know how I feel about having DD and KD play together. I don't see a fit there. I've said it before, Lowry, Carroll, KD, Patterson and JV will be better.

                          Lowry, DD, KD that is 3 players with high usage. Unless we want JV to have a 0% usage rate, one of DD or Lowry would have to go, since DD is a free agent, might as well be him.
                          Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            My assumption was based on DeRozan having been re-signed by that point. I just think that's what OKC would ask for. OKC would definitely have leverage, assuming Toronto doesn't have the cap space to sign Durant outright.

                            As for what I'd offer, if MU is seeking my input, I'd try to include Carroll as the financial centerpiece (along with prospects/picks). For me, JV would be untouchable. Lowry wouldn't make sense because his salary would require additional big-money pieces, plus he's redundant for OKC (Westbrook). Some combination of Patterson/Joseph/Ross (along with prospects/picks) could work financially, but part of me still thinks that Ross fits in a Durant/Lowry/JV/Carroll lineup better than DeRozan does (and it would be less players being unloaded), plus I'm not sure if a Patterson/Ross offer would be sufficient from OKC's perspective.

                            It all comes down to how far OKC is ready to go to play hard-ball, when it comes to negotiating a S&T with Toronto.
                            durant/lowry/carrole might look kinda okay from an analytical fan standpoint.

                            but no way in hell is durant going to leave westbrook and ibaka for lowry and carrole lol

                            star nba players want to play with other star nba players. and no way durant comes here without demar and lowry both being here
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              A.I wrote: View Post

                              Lowry, DD, KD that is 3 players with high usage. Unless we want JV to have a 0% usage rate, one of DD or Lowry would have to go, since DD is a free agent, might as well be him.
                              if the decision came down to jv or durant. i would 100% pick durant
                              Last edited by yabadabayolo; Fri Mar 4th, 2016, 07:31 PM.
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X