No announcement yet.

Game 61 - Houston Rockets 113 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The optimistic take is that executing night in and night out is what separates good players and teams from average players and teams in the NBA. Even Terrence Ross can have a 50 point night making it rain from 3, but he's no Steph Curry.

The Raps this year have sustained a higher level of play for longer than in either of the past two seasons, so there's that. Hopefully it's a mid-season lull (was the T.O. All-Star game too much of a distraction?). For them to play as a team like they were, play smart basketball like they were, and execute far more consistently like they were, as was mentioned in a previous post that just takes a lot of effort and attention to detail. It's really hard to do for 82 games. This team is still moving in the right direction overall, even if they haven't fully arrived as a top 5 team in the league for the full 82. And is that really a surprise? Heading into this year how many expected them to be one of the top teams in the league for the full season, mentioned as a potential 4th round team on ESPN in February? I didn't expect that. Maybe some regression to the mean, but a second round playoff appearance is still a success, a conference finals appearance a great success.

Just gotta be trending in the right direction by the time the playoffs come around. Gotta be executing defensively as an entire team.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'm not too concerned with the loss, so much as I am with the defence sliding. I'm holding out hope that Carrol's return will solve a lot of the problems.

ON a side note...is it just me or does it seem like 2Pat and Ross always have good games at the same time and bad games at the same time as well?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

ON a side note...is it just me or does it seem like 2Pat and Ross always have good games at the same time and bad games at the same time as well?
        Ross = 2Pat confirmed

Comment

• sorry did not see the game what were the factors for blowing the lead?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
            sorry did not see the game what were the factors for blowing the lead?
            Defense
            OG is our king

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
              sorry did not see the game what were the factors for blowing the lead?
              We couldn't stop them and the 26th ranked defense stopped us.

Comment

• raptors have now dropped down to 13th in defensive rating.

Comment

• Nets should hopefully boost that up. They have the 27th best offense, and 28th best defense.. and now no longer have Killer Joe.

Comment

• Anyone who isn't worried about the defense is crazy. I know you all are tired of hearing the first round exit thing but it honestly looks like you guys are going to make excuses until we lose in the first round before you open your eyes just like last year. All that is happening is we are slippage later in the season than last year. 23rd defense or whatever since the new year is terrible. It's March. To me that's a big enough sample size. I wish I could have confidence and believe that this lose will make them get it together but it won't because they've been playing down to teams and playing bad D for long enough now that's it's habit and not just a one time thing. But hey I'm the negative one around here so don't mind me. If they play good D tomorrow it means nothing because that team is atrocious in all aspects. We should be able to stop them. Now if we play bad D once again then I really don't know what to say.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Our horrible 3 point D will be the death of us. Almost every team we would face in the playoffs shoots the 3 well and even if they don't when you leave guys as wide open as we do they will knock it down. They are NBA players at the end of the day.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        Our horrible 3 point D will be the death of us. Almost every team we would face in the playoffs shoots the 3 well and even if they don't when you leave guys as wide open as we do they will knock it down. They are NBA players at the end of the day.
                        Yeah, may as well throw in the towel now. Know a good place to get golf clubs?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, may as well throw in the towel now. Know a good place to get golf clubs?
                          Our offense isn't good enough to think we can win with that alone. A 26th ranked defensive team stopped us pretty easily so think about in the playoffs against an even better defensive team. Our D is the only thing we can rely on. This is why I'm obsessing about how much our defense has fallen. Not throwing in the towel yet because I know how good this team is when they actually play defense but I'm definitely not going to be as optimistic as you and almost ignore or get pissed when anybody brings up clear issues this team has that didn't just start now.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            Our offense isn't good enough to think we can win with that alone. A 26th ranked defensive team stopped us pretty easily so think about in the playoffs against an even better defensive team. Our D is the only thing we can rely on. This is why I'm obsessing about how much our defense has fallen. Not throwing in the towel yet because I know how good this team is when they actually play defense but I'm definitely not going to be as optimistic as you and almost ignore or get pissed when anybody brings up clear issues this team has that didn't just start now.
                            Well, to be fair, if you are going to buy into the defence being a problem with a DRTG that ranks 20th since Jan 1st (big enough sample size, right?), you should probably have more confidence in the 2nd ranked offence behind only Golden State in that time frame.

I'm not saying you should have confidence in either, I'm just saying if you believe one you should believe the other.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Well, to be fair, if you are going to buy into the defence being a problem with a DRTG that ranks 20th since Jan 1st (big enough sample size, right?), you should probably have more confidence in the 2nd ranked offence behind only Golden State in that time frame.

I'm not saying you should have confidence in either, I'm just saying if you believe one you should believe the other.
                              Well that' good to know that our offense is that high but offense doesn't win games in the playoffs you HAVE to play good D as well. Last year was a perfect example. We were like 4th in offense or something and in the 20s in defense and got swept. Our offense even though it's ranked high is easy to stop if you really focus in. It's just Kyle and Demar trying to make things happen. Stop them like a 26th ranked defense did last game and you've won.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

And I think 2 months is a pretty good sample size. I'm not completely given up on their ability to get their defense back together but I'm not holding my breath after last season. Also they would need to do it for a long period of time. Playing good defense against a crappy team like Brooklyn and then going right back to bad defense the next game won't cut it.

Comment

Working...
                                X