Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elephant in the room - Chicago Bulls 1st Round Matchup

Hey Guys

The season is going great so far. Our improved D makes almost every Raps fan feel quite comfortable of winning our first playoff series in years. And i agree with a lot of RR posts that suggest that we could go to the ECF's if we can integrate Demarre into our game and he provides lockdown Defense on some individual playmakers (PG for example). But i have a bad feeling about one possible first round matchup. Bulls are getting healthy in time for the playoffs. Yeah, they are still missing Noah, but with Mirotic and Butler back in the lineup they suddenly look far scarier than in the past weeks.

My question, discussion point is: What if we meet them in the first round and loose. How do you guys see our chances? Would it automatically mean that DC would get the axe after the season?

Greetings from Switzerland

Them and Charlotte have been my worry for a first round matchup for a while now and I think we are probably going to get one of the two. If Chicago moves up like it's expected it just means either Charlotte will move down. We are such an unlucky franchise I can so see us getting one of those two in the first round and losing.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Yeah, but even though Charlotte had our number in recent years i'm pretty confident that we could knock them off. But Chicago...
      They even beat us without Butler and Mirotic :S

Comment

karimzizou wrote: View Post
        Yeah, but even though Charlotte had our number in recent years i'm pretty confident that we could knock them off. But Chicago...
        They even beat us without Butler and Mirotic :S
        Yea I'm definitely more confident we can beat Charlotte over Chicago but they still scare me a bit. Chicago is a for sure first round loss. Like for sure. They are much better than the 8th best team in the East. Injuries are what killed them for most of the season. I think they are the second best team and we are third to be honest with you. As long as they stay away from the 7th seed I'm happy.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

anyone except Chicago in the 1st rd! Butler & Mirotic are back and they are fully healthy again (Portis emergence has cancelled out Noah), they are playoff hardened, championship ready and a large american TV market (F*@k u NBA)...If I were an oddsmaker, i'd have Raps as the underdog in that matchup regardless of #2 seed.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
            anyone except Chicago in the 1st rd! Butler & Mirotic are back and they are fully healthy again (Portis emergence has cancelled out Noah), they are playoff hardened, championship ready and a large american TV market (F*@k u NBA)...If I were an oddsmaker, i'd have Raps as the underdog in that matchup regardless of #2 seed.
            Agreed!

Comment

If we lose again in first round then blow it up and tank.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                If we lose again in first round then blow it up and build around JV.
                Fixed.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  If we lose again in first round then blow it up and tank.
                  Nope, strengthen the core and get a new coach that wont be outcoached by the opponants coach each and everytime!

Comment

Honestly I dont want to sound like a lil pussy but I say we rest our players when we face Charlotte and Indiana.

Give 2 games away to Pacers and 1 game to Hornets

And then hope for the best

Fuck the Knicks and Nuggets

Lets Go Pacers and Hornets
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Our previous first round exits had different scenarios I think experience and not effort was the cause for failure. Kyle played well and Gv seemed to be less of a defensive liability JV was inconsistent but did not loss the series. Ross was very nervous and made mental mistakes. We have to remember Joe johnson,Garrett and pierce still had better physical capacities then they possess currently Even deron Williams seemed to play well every second game as his injuries would hobble him in some games. The second year we started the season with fools gold as the schedule was easy and clevland was yet to jell. Injuries and possibly some interpersonal issues kicked in. Washington did play well despite our lack of resistance. Going forward health, team unity and coaching, will be key,advance scouting of the opponent must be effective. The year we faced jersey they tanked in order to face us preparing for our strength and weakness.

Comment

None of the previous games matter guys. Every game is new.

chicago isn't looking great at this point..... Toronto would be fine against them.

You can't really look at it like that i don't think.

Comment

We are the 2nd best team in the conference, legitimately. We are better than Chicago. We should beat them 4x in seven games.

Comment

Should.

That said, with Butler going, they are still tough..... but toronto seems different this year.... I like their chances.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                              Them and Charlotte have been my worry for a first round matchup for a while now and I think we are probably going to get one of the two. If Chicago moves up like it's expected it just means either Charlotte will move down. We are such an unlucky franchise I can so see us getting one of those two in the first round and losing.
                              I think we can beat Charlotte. The Bulls I think we will lose. We need to do all we can to avoid the Bulls.

Comment

Working...
                              X