Elephant in the room - Chicago Bulls 1st Round Matchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Ah, sorry. Well, still, Indy worse than CHA? Frankly even CHI or WAS I'd consider a coin toss with Indy, none of them are big threats.

Yeah, so in the only game we had our starting C we crushed them, and we split two games where we were hurting to a significant degree.
    I'm not necessarily worried about any of those teams, but I actually prefer the Indy matchup. Washington could be a psychological nightmare, while both Chicago and Charlotte have long been a Raptors nemesis. Lowry hasn't fared very well against quick opposing PGs (ie: Wall & Walker) this season, and sometimes lets his ego get the better of him in those types of head-to-head PG matchups. Chicago, Charlotte and Indy have the best defenders to try and shut down DeRozan, while the Wizards don't really have such a player (unless you consider Morris or Porter in the same league as Butler, Batum, and Miles/George).
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Mar 30, 2016, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Ah, sorry. Well, still, Indy worse than CHA? Frankly even CHI or WAS I'd consider a coin toss with Indy, none of them are big threats.

Yeah, so in the only game we had our starting C we crushed them, and we split two games where we were hurting to a significant degree.
      Charlotte doesn't scare me as much. Yes, they've owned us for years, but match up wise, Kemba and Co is better for us. Was depends on health, ditto for Chicago.

The only game you are counting then is opening night. Which was Paul George's first real action in nearly two years; Myles Turner hadn't emerged as their starting C; were incorporating a new SG (Ellis) for the first time. So while that first game might be the most reflective of our team (minus Carroll), it might be the least reflective of theirs.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Ok, I'm just saying you told me to look at your avatar. I've never even really noticed that it says no man's land until now (idk how I didn't), but that kinda seems like you're indicating that's where we are (especially with the dino skull in the picture).
        If the Raps lose in the first round yet again and MU sticks with Casey and the DeRozan/Lowry core, then yes, I would be concerned that the Raps are heading towards the very No Man's Land that MU publically stated he wanted to avoid at all costs. MU and the team have the skills and assets to avoid it, but having the ability to do something and actually doing it, are two different things. They need to prove that they can, both winning in the playoffs (team) and building a sustainable contender (MU).

Comment

• The game the Raptors lost to them was in Indy, on the 2nd night of a back to back and the last game of a 3 games in 4 nights stretch. On the bright side, Anthony Bennett was +9.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Charlotte doesn't scare me as much. Yes, they've owned us for years, but match up wise, Kemba and Co is better for us. Was depends on health, ditto for Chicago.

The only game you are counting then is opening night. Which was Paul George's first real action in nearly two years; Myles Turner hadn't emerged as their starting C; were incorporating a new SG (Ellis) for the first time. So while that first game might be the most reflective of our team (minus Carroll), it might be the least reflective of theirs.
            No, I'm also counting the other two games, where we split two games while seriously hurting and they had a full and fully integrated squad. Between smashing them early and managing to take one of the other two, I'm pretty certain that the matchup is nothing to be scared of.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The biggest issue I have with facing Indiana is how Casey will use JV. Would he play him more, less or about his average? Indiana loves going small (actually they pretty much have to). Biyombo had a 25 rebound night against them when JV was not playing. So is BB gonna get the lion share of minutes?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                The biggest issue I have with facing Indiana is how Casey will use JV. Would he play him more, less or about his average? Indiana loves going small (actually they pretty much have to). Biyombo had a 25 rebound night against them when JV was not playing. So is BB gonna get the lion share of minutes?
                A potential Indy matchup is another reason to give Lowry and DeRozan some extra rest down the stretch, so that the team could play a few games where the offense runs through JV, as a bit of 1st round playoff prep.

Sadly, I worry that Casey would give extra minutes to Biyombo, Patterson and possibly even Thompson, if Indy implements a postseason strategy to negate the advantage JV would potentially have.

Comment

• Sorry boys, but the second season is a new season.... NO TEAM will be an easy team. You get full effort from every single guy, on every single play. Playoffs, if you ask me, come down to effort, chemistry, overall skill level of a roster, star calls, and a little bit of lady luck along the way.

When you sit there, a month out from the playoffs and pick and choose based upon past records etc, you're wasting your time.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    If the Raps lose in the first round yet again and MU sticks with Casey and the DeRozan/Lowry core, then yes, I would be concerned that the Raps are heading towards the very No Man's Land that MU publically stated he wanted to avoid at all costs. MU and the team have the skills and assets to avoid it, but having the ability to do something and actually doing it, are two different things. They need to prove that they can, both winning in the playoffs (team) and building a sustainable contender (MU).
                    I'm just pointing out how it looks right now is all. I get what you're saying though, makes sense.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      I'm just pointing out how it looks right now is all. I get what you're saying though, makes sense.
                      It looks like they're heading in the right direction, both this season and for the longer-term. However, nothing is proven until the playoffs and the offseason. Last year's playoffs and offseason are proof that expectations (first round disgrace and Casey being kept) don't always come to fruition. Like MU, and many other posters here on RR, I'm simply waiting until after the playoffs to pass final judgment on this season and the team's future outlook.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Sorry boys, but the second season is a new season.... NO TEAM will be an easy team. You get full effort from every single guy, on every single play. Playoffs, if you ask me, come down to effort, chemistry, overall skill level of a roster, star calls, and a little bit of lady luck along the way.

When you sit there, a month out from the playoffs and pick and choose based upon past records etc, you're wasting your time.
                        Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose....right coach?
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• You got it Son, now get out there and play some basketball!

Comment

• Friday Night Lights was an amazing show.

Comment

• Sacramento 120.... Washington 111

On Wednesday March 30th the Washington Wizards...their season and their playoff aspirations.... died last night in Sacramento.

In lieu of flowers please send donations to the best backcourt in the east benevolent fund.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Sacramento 120.... Washington 111

On Wednesday March 30th the Washington Wizards...their season and their playoff aspirations.... died last night in Sacramento.

In lieu of flowers please send donations to the best backcourt in the east benevolent fund.

One less suitor for Durant

Comment

Working...
                                X