Game 64: Miami Heat 104 -Toronto Raptors 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Yeah I'd rather have a thread about how our future is hopeless and we're treadmilling. And how Casey needs to be fired and Demar/Lowry need to be traded and replaced with the 16 and 17 year olds I looked up on ballislife on youtube and Rivals.com so that we can have a future and play 4 out with Jonas inside.
    So instead of actually looking at this thread as rediculous...you pull a bunch of nonsensical labels and apply them to me

Good on ya bud

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Yeah I'd rather have a thread about how our future is hopeless and we're treadmilling. And how Casey needs to be fired and Demar/Lowry need to be traded and replaced with the 16 and 17 year olds I looked up on ballislife on youtube and Rivals.com so that we can have a future and play 4 out with Jonas inside.
      Not necessary.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

fake win?

just kidding
        How is this possible? I thought the refs (and the NBA in general) hate Toronto and want to see big markets like Miami succeed?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          But those guys are only good in the post because all they do is get easy dunks that were created by the guards. None of those guys actually have any post moves. You can't dump it down to any of those guys consistently and say go to work.
          That's the point - the only guys who get more touches and score as efficiently that close to the rim are garbage bucket centers who dunk everything. That's an amazing compliment to how well rounded JV's offense can be - usually your C is a jump shooter who doesn't bang + finish as well inside, or he's a garbage dunker. JV is highly efficient for his position both in the paint and at 15 feet.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• At the end of regulation we ran three straight ISO plays for DD. He made one of three FGs. This concerns me. In the playoffs DC cannot over call ISO at the end of games. The times DD and KL move the ball someone gets a great look.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              At the end of regulation we ran three straight ISO plays for DD. He made one of three FGs. This concerns me. In the playoffs DC cannot over call ISO at the end of games. The times DD and KL move the ball someone gets a great look.
              At the end of regulation scola was wide open all by himself underneath the basket, because everybody in the building knew it was a demar fade away regardless of what anyone else is doing. All he had to do was give an overhead pass to scola, short hop dunk, 2 pts, ball game, no overtime.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• More stats that could be considered JV relevant:

The Raptors are 9th in the league in points per post touch. 27th in the league in post touches per game.
                The Raptors are 3rd in the league in points per paint touch. 30th in the league in paint touches per game.

We're very good when we pass into the paint/post. We just don't do it.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  At the end of regulation we ran three straight ISO plays for DD. He made one of three FGs. This concerns me. In the playoffs DC cannot over call ISO at the end of games. The times DD and KL move the ball someone gets a great look.
                  This has been a concern in spite of the overall progress made over last year. If a playoff series comes down a DD or Lowry iso, I just don't feel good about that play. Many legit superstars don't even convert those clutch plays at a decent percentage. Second-tier guys like Lowry and DD should definitely be running a play.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    More stats that could be considered JV relevant:

The Raptors are 9th in the league in points per post touch. 27th in the league in post touches per game.
                    The Raptors are 3rd in the league in points per paint touch. 30th in the league in paint touches per game.

We're very good when we pass into the paint/post. We just don't do it.
                    Do passes in the paint that are fumbled count as touches?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Do passes in the paint that are fumbled count as touches?
                      I'm not sure, being honest. It indicates 'touches that originate from a pass and reception within the paint'. So I'd assume they don't count.

For the record, even if we assume we lose three more touches than any other team in the league on fumbled receptions(which isn't a safe assumption, because if it isn't counting our fumbled touches it also isn't counting fumbled touches of other teams), we'd only move into 19th for paint touches, and 18th for paint touches.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        This has been a concern in spite of the overall progress made over last year. If a playoff series comes down a DD or Lowry iso, I just don't feel good about that play. Many legit superstars don't even convert those clutch plays at a decent percentage. Second-tier guys like Lowry and DD should definitely be running a play.
                        That has been my worry as season. When the game is tight down the stretch we always go to the Demar or Kyle iso. Mainly Demar which is even worse. And nothing is going to change so we all better pray they knock down those iso shots.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I'm not worried about offensive execution.. the Raptors know how to play in the half court and can manufacture buckets (DD to the line, JV in the paint, etc). Even the ISO shots don't piss me off anymore. I just hope the defense is up to snuff.. so happy to see GV and Lou off the team.

CoJo's on the ball defense makes me so happy. After Lowry and DD, I think he's the most vital to our playoff success.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I'm not worried about offensive execution.. the Raptors know how to play in the half court and can manufacture buckets (DD to the line, JV in the paint, etc). Even the ISO shots don't piss me off anymore. I just hope the defense is up to snuff.. so happy to see GV and Lou off the team.

CoJo's on the ball defense makes me so happy. After Lowry and DD, I think he's the most vital to our playoff success.
                            And Demarre. That's what I've been feeling as well. What matters most is that our team plays stellar defense in the playoffs because Demar and Kyle are going to go iso it's just what we do. I have just come to accept that at this point. To me as long as we play good defense we should win games.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I'm not worried about offensive execution.. the Raptors know how to play in the half court and can manufacture buckets (DD to the line, JV in the paint, etc). Even the ISO shots don't piss me off anymore. I just hope the defense is up to snuff.. so happy to see GV and Lou off the team.

I actually think Patterson is more important than DeMar, second to Lowry.

If Patterson went down tomorrow, our season would be in big trouble. How do we fill those minutes?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                I actually think Patterson is more important than DeMar, second to Lowry.

If Patterson went down tomorrow, our season would be in big trouble. How do we fill those minutes?
                                I assume Carroll would be able to play the 4 and fill in for 2Pat.. but yeah he's really important too. Just from a defensive point of view I think CoJo is our most important player.

Especially since every playoff team in the East has an all-star caliber guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X