Game 65: Chicago Bulls 109 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    People really underrate the importance of game tone and how it affects the rest of the game. Tone can dramatically help or hurt the way you play on the court (forcing the issue).

Oh, and the fact that DD-JJ-LS-BB is an actual thing.. people wonder why I hate Casey.
    Yeah, playing ahead, or at least not behind, changes the game and is statistically significant for predicting the winning team. Our poor starts are a real concern. I'm sure Casey will tell us at the end of the season that he tried everything.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Yeah, playing ahead, or at least not behind, changes the game and is statistically significant for predicting the winning team. Our poor starts are a real concern. I'm sure Casey will tell us at the end of the season that he tried everything.
      Basically..

The thing is, we have some leeway to see how things unfold as well. That is the frustrating part. It is not like we are fighting tooth and nail. He should try Ppat with the first unit. Scola with the second unit could provide some scoring.

Comment

• The thing that pissed me off was that last drive. THERE WAS CONTACT TWICE ON THAT FUCKING PLAY, REFS. ARE YOU BLIND?

But it goes to show you we never quit and are threats in every way. Even Drake was helpful for once.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Cavs have the third ranked offense and 11th ranked defense since the All-Star break.

We have the 1st ranked offense and 24th ranked defense since the All-Star break.

Only three other playoff teams are in the bottom 10 for defense in that stretch. Portland, Dallas and OKC. All three of which the national media is asking 'what's wrong with them?'.
          Make no mistake...I'm not saying we're better than the Cavs. Just that we can't win every game and even the best teams lose (Warriors excepted). Would anybody but the fans be more happy if we beat Chicago but had lost to Miami? And, yes, the defence is waning but the organization spent $60 million dollars in an effort to change that and that may (may) happen between now and the end of the season.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            The thing that pissed me off was that last drive. THERE WAS CONTACT TWICE ON THAT FUCKING PLAY, REFS. ARE YOU BLIND?

But it goes to show you we never quit and are threats in every way. Even Drake was helpful for once.
            In that situation, only an obvious hack is going to get called. Slight body bumps will go uncalled more often than not.

What pisses me off are the 3-4 wasted possessions per game where either Lowry or DeRozan assume a whistle is coming, and chuck up a prayer that never comes close to going in.

Comment

• btw...let me echo Scraptor's call...it's a back to back. Whoever is going to pick up the mantle of the gameday thread needs to get back on the horse (please)

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                In that situation, only an obvious hack is going to get called. Slight body bumps will go uncalled more often than not.

What pisses me off are the 3-4 wasted possessions per game where either Lowry or DeRozan assume a whistle is coming, and chuck up a prayer that never comes close to going in.
                The reffing was absolutely horrid in the 1st half. Guys are tripping over their own feet, we get a foul, and a tech??
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  The reffing was absolutely horrid in the 1st half. Guys are tripping over their own feet, we get a foul, and a tech??
                  Agreed. Not sure what Gibson, McDermott and Mirotic ever did to deserve the "star call" benefit of the doubt from the refs.

And Casey finally got a tech, YAY! But it looked like he was going to cry, so didn't really have the motivating effect I would've hoped for

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Ugh.

Game starts. Starters struggle as usual. Manage to stay within 2 points until JV gets hurt. Bench loses a little ground, then gains some back, basically hangs around. End 1st half down 6.

Casey then makes the brilliant deduction that if the starters WITH Jonas were struggling offensively, the best thing to do would be to roll them out but with freaking Biyombo in there instead. No Ross, no Patterson for extra shooting. Just the awful spacing mess that is Lowry-DD-JJ-LS-BB. Yuck. Literally should never be on the floor together. Played 6 minutes to start the 3rd, had a -33 net rating, and cost the team 5 points in a 2 point loss. That lineup has somehow played 61 minutes this year.

The rest was just the team showing just how critical JV is to the offence - they made it work through some high usage scoring from Lowry and DD (with both playing 40 MP or so) and Patterson getting hot, but it was a struggle all night.

Yet another bad night from Biyombo, although to be fair he's not equipped to go up against starters. But he's fallen asleep on the boards a lot the last two games (the MIA game was awful, last night was merely bad). Needed more with JV going down.

Anyway, bad game. This starting lineup HAS to change - we're setting entirely the wrong tone out of the gates and settling into a very bad groove until one of DD/KL manages to force us out of it late in the game, at which point it is often enough too late.
                    Yes the starting line up is a mess but I love how you always focus on that when the defense to me in the big problem and no one is playing it. It's not just the starting lineup it's everyone. Until we start playing defense like we were earlier in the season kiss the first round goodbye. Especially if we get Chicago.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

And Casey finally got a tech, YAY! But it looked like he was going to cry, so didn't really have the motivating effect I would've hoped for
                      Some coaches look angry when they're upset at a call, Casey just looks upset...as in sad.

Bugs me.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        Yes the starting line up is a mess but I love how you always focus on that when the defense to me in the big problem and no one is playing it. It's not just the starting lineup it's everyone. Until we start playing defense like we were earlier in the season kiss the first round goodbye. Especially if we get Chicago.
                        The starting lineup sets the tone for the game though.

There might be more going on behind the scenes, but is it possible that guys like Ross and Patterson are frustrated with the fact that they were our some of best players for the month of January and got stuck to the bench while Powell and JJ got starts and Scola stayed in the starting lineup?
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• And I still don't understand how you guys can be sooooo worried about the starting line up and are so sure that is why we lose most of the games we do but still have confidence in this team come playoff time. Makes no logical sense to me. Casey IS NOT going to change the starting line up. I don't know how many times I have to say it but he IS NOT. So if that's what you're holding out hope for good luck. If the starting line up is costing us games and it's not going to be changed why do people have so much confidence that we are going to get out of the first round? I truly don't get it. Unless you think Carroll is really going to make much of a difference which statistically it shows he's not what is the other reason? This is why I focus more on our defense being the issue and not so much the starting line up. Our bench used to play good defense and now even they can't save us. I dunno man. This team is something else.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            The starting lineup sets the tone for the game though.

There might be more going on behind the scenes, but is it possible that guys like Ross and Patterson are frustrated with the fact that they were our some of best players for the month of January and got stuck to the bench while Powell and JJ got starts and Scola stayed in the starting lineup?
                            I don't think so. They know their role. But if the starters set the tone and the tone they are setting is bad defense night in and night out which causes everyone to follow suit why do any of us have faith in this team come playoff time? That is my only question. Because Casey isn't changing the starting line up. That is clear.

Comment

• The best (worst) was Leo trying to tell us that home stands can be distracting. Really? Home court advantage is now a disadvantage? GTFO with your excuse-making.

Comment

The best (worst) was Leo trying to tell us that home stands can be distracting. Really? Home court advantage is now a disadvantage? GTFO with your excuse-making.
                                Leo will spin it in any direction to deflect blame from coaching and management. He's really only hard on jv and Ross.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X