Game 65: Chicago Bulls 109 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    And I still don't understand how you guys can be sooooo worried about the starting line up and are so sure that is why we lose most of the games we do but still have confidence in this team come playoff time. Makes no logical sense to me. Casey IS NOT going to change the starting line up. I don't know how many times I have to say it but he IS NOT. So if that's what you're holding out hope for good luck. If the starting line up is costing us games and it's not going to be changed why do people have so much confidence that we are going to get out of the first round? I truly don't get it. Unless you think Carroll is really going to make much of a difference which statistically it shows he's not what is the other reason? This is why I focus more on our defense being the issue and not so much the starting line up. Our bench used to play good defense and now even they can't save us. I dunno man. This team is something else.
    Let me see if I can try to figure out why I am worried about the starting lineup specifically.

Average on-court DRTG of the starters last 5 games: 108.8
    Average on-court DRTG of the bench last 5 games: 101.4

Hmmm...
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Let me see if I can try to figure out why I am worried about the starting lineup specifically.

Average on-court DRTG of the starters last 5 games: 108.8
      Average on-court DRTG of the bench last 5 games: 101.4

Hmmm...
      Both are horrible. Dan trust me I agree with you on the whole starting lineup thing. I do not question for one second that Scola needs to be switched for Patterson. But right now both the bench and the starting line up are playing like shit defensively. The bench is just to a lesser degree. But I get why you focus so much on the starting lineup. They are horrible together. No way to sugar coat that. My only question is why do you seem to have so much confidence in this team getting past the first round or making any type of noise in the playoffs if this is the starting lineup we are going to have? The same starting lineup you hate, the same starting lineup that is costing us games or making games a lot closer than they should be. If you're holding out on hope that Casey is going to change the starting lineup then you better pray for a HUGE losing streak because that is literally the only way he's going to do anything. Also if you're hoping that Carroll coming back makes some huge difference you are going to be highly disappointed. So again, what keeps you so positive about this team going forward when this starting lineup is so horrible and it's the reason for everything bad that's going on with this team?
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Both are horrible. Dan trust me I agree with you on the whole starting lineup thing. I do not question for one second that Scola needs to be switched for Patterson. But right now both the bench and the starting line up are playing like shit defensively. The bench is just to a lesser degree. But I get why you focus so much on the starting lineup. They are horrible together. No way to sugar coat that. My only question is why do you seem to have so much confidence in this team getting past the first round or making any type of noise in the playoffs if this is the starting lineup we are going to have? The same starting lineup you hate, the same starting lineup that is costing us games or making games a lot closer than they should be. If you're holding out on hope that Casey is going to change the starting lineup then you better pray for a HUGE losing streak because that is literally the only way he's going to do anything. Also if you're hoping that Carroll coming back makes some huge difference you are going to be highly disappointed. So again, what keeps you so positive about this team going forward when this starting lineup is so horrible and it's the reason for everything bad that's going on with this team?
        A 101.4 DRtg would be top 5 in the league over the last 5 games. It's not that bad.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Both are horrible.
          101.4 is not horrible at all. In fact, that's pretty damn good.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            101.4 is not horrible at all. In fact, that's pretty damn good.
            Interesting. Well I take that part back but my question still stands to Dan H because the starting lineup isn't changing. We all might as well get that in our head from now
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Interesting. Well I take that part back but my question still stands to Dan H because the starting lineup isn't changing. We all might as well get that in our head from now
              I refuse to accept that the starting lineup isn't changing and move on. What would be the point of that? I'll keep discussing the obvious problems until they are fixed, especially when they are so clearly a source of the issues the team is dealing with as a whole, and when the solution to one problem is probably the solution to the other.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm expecting the starting lineup to change when Carroll comes back tbqh.

I think it's very, very possible that we'll go to

Lowry-DeMar-Carroll-JJ-Valanciunas.

Don't quote me but I do see that potentially happening. Carroll, DeRozan, JJ between them can guard most of the 2s/3s/4s in the league. It'd sort of be what we wanted to do with Wesley Matthews but obviously not as good at shooting.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  I'm expecting the starting lineup to change when Carroll comes back tbqh.

Don't quote me but I do see that potentially happening. Carroll, DeRozan, JJ between them can guard most of the 2s/3s/4s in the league. It'd sort of be what we wanted to do with Wesley Matthews but obviously not as good at shooting.
                  Does that mean Scola falls out of the rotation completely? I wouldn't be upset to see this, but given Casey's love of #CraftyVets, I would assume he wouldn't disrespect Scola that way.

Comment

I will believe it when I see it. Oh, the thought of Casey giving minutes to JJ over Scola. Pretty unfathomable, actually.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lowry-DeMar-Carroll-JT-Valanciunas.
                      Fixed.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        The best (worst) was Leo trying to tell us that home stands can be distracting. Really? Home court advantage is now a disadvantage? GTFO with your excuse-making.
                        leo is terrible.

Comment

I refuse to accept that the starting lineup isn't changing and move on. What would be the point of that? I'll keep discussing the obvious problems until they are fixed, especially when they are so clearly a source of the issues the team is dealing with as a whole, and when the solution to one problem is probably the solution to the other.
                          Hey no one's saying stop talking about the issue because it is a big issue and such an easy fix but it's the holding your breath that with 18 or so games left Casey is just going to all of a sudden change the lineup, especially if we continue win. That's the part I don't get. And let's just say he doesn't change the lineup and continues to be his usual stubborn self, then what? Do you still think we get out of the first round?

Comment

Hey no one's saying stop talking about the issue because it is a big issue and such an easy fix but it's the holding your breath that with 18 or so games left Casey is just going to all of a sudden change the lineup, especially if we continue win. That's the part I don't get. And let's just say he doesn't change the lineup and continues to be his usual stubborn self, then what? Do you still think we get out of the first round?
                            Casey started Hansbrough with 7 games left last year. There is always hope.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Casey started Hansbrough with 7 games left last year. There is always hope.
                              If only Scola had Amir's ankles.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                If only Scola had Amir's ankles.
                                Scola has Scola's legs....

And Hansbrough started one game alongside Amir...
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X