• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 65: Chicago Bulls 109 - Toronto Raptors 107

Projected Starters:

@

Projected Starters:

Notes:
    • Jimmy Butler (knee) is questionable and Derrick Rose (adductor) is doubtful for this game. Pau Gasol (knee) is out.
    • Chicago has lost 6 of its last 8. The Bulls are 10-20 since January 9th.
    • The Bulls lead the season series 3-0 against Toronto. In those three games Pau Gasol is averaging 20pts/10rebs/6asts/2.7blks.
    • A common misconception widely repeated in depictions of bull behavior is that the color red angers bulls, inciting them to charge. In fact, like most mammals, cattle are red-green color blind.
    • Raps are 5-1 on their current homestand. 10 of their last 17 games are on the road.
    • Since January 1, Chicago allows the 5th-most points in the paint in the NBA. Number 6 is Golden State. Toronto is 26th (fifth-best).
    • Chicago scores the fourth-fewest fast break points in the NBA. Toronto scores the ninth-fewest.
    • Chicago allows the eighth-fewest free throw attempts per game. Toronto attempts the third-most.

Key Stats:

Chicago Bulls (32-32)

PTS/G: 101.5 (19th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 102.9 (16th of 30)
    SRS: -1.04 (17th of 30) ▪ Pace: 96.5 (12th of 30)
    Off Rtg: 103.7 (25th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 105.1 (11th of 30)

Toronto Raptors (44-20)
    PTS/G: 102.9 (11th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 98.4 (5th of 30)
    SRS: 3.88 (6th of 30) ▪ Pace: 93.1 (29th of 30)
    Off Rtg: 110.0 (5th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 105.2 (13th of 30)
    Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Mar 14, 2016, 07:07 PM.

I love the enthusiasm. Bring on the Bulls. Hopefully we get a win as I feel we might start the 905's against the bucks on Tuesday. To point #3 in the notes, Gasol has been a killer but he's not making the trip north.

Comment

With Gasol out I feel a lot better about this matchup. Even if Butler plays we should take this one.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We have to finally beat these fuckers
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

It would be nice to win tomorrow and obviously that's what I want to happen but with Gasol out to me it doesn't mean much. It's the exact same thing as beating Miami without Wade and Bosh. If we see these teams in the playoffs they won't be missing their key guys and we haven't shown we can beat either team when they are completely healthy. Yes we are missing Carroll but Carroll isn't even close to meaning as much to our team as Gasol, Wade and Bosh mean to their respective teams. All those players I've named are All Stars. Carroll is a role player.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

All I'm going to say is thank God we shouldn't see either team in the first round hopefully.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Sounds like butler is going to play. Who is going to guard him? Demar? Johnson? Powell? Spin the wheel.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                It would be nice to win tomorrow and obviously that's what I want to happen but with Gasol out to me it doesn't mean much. It's the exact same thing as beating Miami without Wade and Bosh. If we see these teams in the playoffs they won't be missing their key guys and we haven't shown we can beat either team when they are completely healthy. Yes we are missing Carroll but Carroll isn't even close to meaning as much to our team as Gasol, Wade and Bosh mean to their respective teams. All those players I've named are All Stars. Carroll is a role player.
                A win may not mean much or anything to us, but for the Raptors players a win will get a gorilla off their back.

How do you know they won't be missing key guys? The Bulls especially could , because they probably can't afford to rest healthy players like we have done.
                Last edited by 3inthekeon; Sun Mar 13, 2016, 07:45 PM.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Big shout-out to Scraptor. Opponent pictures are awesome.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Big shout-out to Scraptor. Opponent pictures are awesome.
                    OG is our king

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      A win may not mean much or anything to us, but for the Raptors players a win will get a gorilla off their back.

How do you know they won't be missing key guys? The Bulls especially could , because they probably can't afford to rest healthy players like we have done.
                      Well they could obviously but I don't want us to be wishing for that. Most guys play through injuries in the playoffs so even if someone is hurt they probably will still play. Also I don't want us to beat a depleted team. I want us to win fair and square.

Comment

Blow these guys out and make their playoff chances that much slimmer. Let's get it done.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

^ Tbh that's actually kind of the point of having a slashing wing. Yes shrinking the floor can make it harder for him to score because they're packing the paint, but those guys cheating into the paint are going to be slow to recover to shooters and that's when defenses can really start to break down. Lowry has the same effect when he drives.

Comment

My love for Scraptor game day threads is indescribable... but this should do the trick

Comment

Working...
                              X