X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    The way I was looking at it is this.

Casey might opt to go small ball.

Right now, we're playing a fairly traditional lineup. We have a 1 at the 1, a 2 at the 2, etc. The only way Patterson gets inserted into the lineup is because Casey decides that he's a better fit in the starting 5 for what we're doing than coming off the bench. This seems highly unlikely to happen because we've watched them run this lineup for 60+ games now. And it's clear that for whatever reason, Casey thinks Scola is a better starter at the 4 than 2Pat. I don't see that changing.

However. If when Carroll comes back we were to for whatever reason make a strategic decision to go small and use Carroll (or JJ depending on how you look at it) at the 4 spot - something that was hinted at during the offseason - it's possible Casey could decide to play 3 wings which would likely put James Johnson (or maybe even Ross, but I feel like he has the same bench tag as 2Pat in Casey's mind) into the starting lineup.
    Casey small last year meant GV at SF or SG. I could see him turning to CJ in the playoffs to start games (not game 1, but wouldn't shock me to see it game two).

JJ just seems destined for DNP-CD once Carroll returns. Remember that this is the coach who turned to Tyler Hansbrough to guard Paul Pierce before going to JJ; he will historically do what he can to avoid playing JJ.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      What's the bigger concern with Scola starting over Patterson, D or O?
      KeonClark wrote: View Post
      d, 110%
      Both are bad, but D is definitely the bigger concern, especially paired with JV. Mixing JV-Scola up with PPatt-Biyombo is the best combination on D. Scola-Biyombo and JV-PPatt just makes too much sense.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Don't forget JT as well.... who Casey should consider if he really doesn't want Patt in the starting 5.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Bro if you already are so sure we're going out in round 1 why even watch? Why subject yourself to torture?
          I actually don't think we will lose in the first round unless it's Chicago. I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that Dan H thinks our starting lineup is costing us games or making games harder to win (which he is right) but still thinks we will get out the first round. How can we beat anyone in the playoffs if our starting lineup is this bad? I believe we just need to get our defense back to what it was and we'll be okay, even with this starting lineup. Because we've proven we can be a good defensive team with the same atrocious starting lineup. So while he focuses so much on the lineups I choose to focus more on the bad defense because I think that is more of an issue. Yes the bad starting lineup leads to our bad defense but if we could have been good defensively before with the same lineup we can do it again. That's all. But he seems to believe Casey WILL change the lineup for some reason so I guess that's his rebuttal right there. Don't think it's a good one but whatever.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Last edited by We Tha North; Tue Mar 15, 2016, 08:13 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Comment

• Tortrasho Trashtors

This is amazing:

http://www.blogabull.com/2016/3/14/1...-against-bulls

Basically the best game recap of all-time.

Comment

Working...
              X