Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ogi wrote: View Post
    For an analytics guy you seem a little too worked up for a one game sample
    It's a one-game sample that affirms what some statistics have already said, which is that we move the ball better without DeMar. On the season, our assist rate goes up when he's off the floor. On the season, our defense is better when he's off the floor.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      JV has zero post up game. Dude always turnsa the ball over whenever he gets the ball in the post. Most of his pts comes from dunks, layups and tip ins......just like Biz.
      Dang, you fooled me again. Well played

Comment

JV has zero post up game. Dude always turnsa the ball over whenever he gets the ball in the post. Most of his pts comes from dunks, layups and tip ins......just like Biz.
        JV has the second best eFG% in the league when receiving a pass in the paint. You're right, he has no post up game.

Comment

His TO% is below average.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Your argument was that DeMar shares the ball, I was pointing out that of our 5-man units that have played more than 100 minutes, the best offensive unit, the one that shares the ball the most, is the only lineup without DeMar in it.

DeMar is the passing problem, I'm not sure why you can't see that. It's not simply about who gets the assist, it's about the ball, and the players, being in a constant state of motion to keep the defense moving and create better shots.
            So to prove your point you give us the stats of a point guard vs. A scoring SG....??

Yea.

Sorry.... You take any opportunity to hate on Demar.

But you lost when you forgot that when we played the Bucks on Dec. 26th

We beat the Bucks by 21 (111-90)

Demar had 22 points and 8 assists

The TEAM had 31 assists

So please explain that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Who would have thought that the Raps could have beaten a Giannas led team by 20 ... in a walk....
              and Giannias was an assist short of a triple double...
              God we must be good...
              TBH...before the game, I was wondering who we would use to guard Giannis. Averaging 20/10/7 over the past 15 games is pretty impressive. I would not have guessed Powell would have "stopped" him (and by that, I mean held him to his recent averages). It seemed like almost every time Giannis had the ball in the front court, he was forced to pick up his dribble with Powell in front of him

Comment

• We'll see what the next games against Indy brings us. If tonight is any indication of how they will perform in the Allen Fieldhouse then I have confidence in this team. If they decide to become disorganized/dis-engaged on the defensive end coupled with a steady diet of isolation basketball, Indy will mop the floor with them.

Hope to see the former rather than the latter...

Comment

JV has the second best eFG% in the league when receiving a pass in the paint. You're right, he has no post up game.
                  Lol

Dude... A pass in the paint can result in a dunk or layup.... Doesn't mean he actually posted up.

Another useless stat.

Comment

• JV's ugly ass hook shot is actually effective. Plus he's a good garbage man big
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      So to prove your point you give us the stats of a point guard vs. A scoring SG....??

Yea.

Sorry.... You take any opportunity to hate on Demar.

But you lost when you forgot that when we played the Bucks on Dec. 26th

We beat the Bucks by 21 (111-90)

Demar had 22 points and 8 assists

The TEAM had 31 assists

So please explain that....

You're right, sometimes DeMar passes the ball really well. I'm the one who got shot down in the DeMar thread when I argued he could average 6 assists per game. I think DeMar's a capable passer who sometimes settles too much into the mindset of him needing to take over the game himself, which leads to his teammates not being involved on that end of the floor.

It has nothing to do with whether or not he's a capable passer, he's not always a willing one. The ball moved better tonight than it has in a while, that's pretty hard to argue with.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        JV's ugly ass hook shot is actually effective. Plus he's a good garbage man big
                        Garbage man big is a great way to describe JV. He's a Robin Lopez type of player.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Tue Mar 15, 2016, 11:00 PM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

You're right, sometimes DeMar passes the ball really well. I'm the one who got shot down in the DeMar thread when I argued he could average 6 assists per game. I think DeMar's a capable passer who sometimes settles too much into the mindset of him needing to take over the game himself, which leads to his teammates not being involved on that end of the floor.

It has nothing to do with whether or not he's a capable passer, he's not always a willing one. The ball moved better tonight than it has in a while, that's pretty hard to argue with.
                          Again....You were the one that said the ball doesn't move with Demar. I showed you that it did against this very same team this season.

I just wanted to remind you of the facts.

You can't blame the ball movement solely on Demar as he's not our PG. Obviously, a scoring SG is going to look for his shot. Especially one that gets into the paint at will. That's just common sense. That's not a knock on Demar.

Comment

• Mailing this one in a bit. Does the difference between winning and losing just come down to our 3pt %? It seems simple and it may be a symptom of better overall play but last night, we go 6/20. If we hit 7/20 we would have won the game (possibly). Tonight we are 14/29 and it's a blowout. It's an inherently less predictable shot and when it goes in we win and when it doesn't, we don't. I'm sure someone will have actual facts to shoot this down but that's a guess.

Comment

This is for you, Special1. I literally said we aren't better without DeMar, but we'd be better if DeMar played within this type of hard-nosed defense, ball-moving offense system.
                              its called insinuating, juvenile behavior at its best

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                Again....You were the one that said the ball doesn't move with Demar. I showed you that it did against this very same team this season.

I just wanted to remind you of the facts.

You can't blame the ball movement solely on Demar as he's not our PG. Obviously, a scoring SG is going to look for his shot. Especially one that gets into the paint at will. That's just common sense. That's not a knock on Demar.

No, I said the ball 'generally doesn't move as well' without DeMar. You cited a specific instance where it does. I brought up that on the whole, this entire season, our assist rate goes up when DeMar is off the floor and down when he's on the floor. You brought up lineup comparisons, so I brought up the two lineups that can be compared directly with a decent sample size where 4 players remain the same and DeMar vs Lowry is the only change, you said that was irrelevant because of how good Lowry is. Then I said that DeMar is a good passer who sometimes doesn't pass, and you said that I was still wrong.

I've presented statistics, time after time, you've just said 'lol you're wrong'.

Comment

Working...
                                X