X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt
    replied
    special1 wrote: View Post
    I wonder what defences will do to players who can't make plays for themselves or their teammates.

We NEED a player like Demar. I know it's hard for you to understand, but Demar literally has a lot of decisions to make in split seconds. Does he always make the right choices? No. Does he always make the bad choices.... Obviously not.

You see what you want to see.

Demar isn't perfect but he's the least of our problems. I said this a few times but I'll show you again....

The last time we played the Bucks on Dec. 26th

We won 111-90

Demar had 22 points and 8 assists

The TEAM had 31 assists that night (4 more than we had last night vs the Bucks)

Incidentally.... JV didn't play that game either.

So before people pile on Demar.....Just take that in. Don't say he never passes or he kills the ball movement because that's just a lie. His role is a scoring SG who gets to the rim and to the line....so of course the ball will stick a bit more, but it doesn't kill our offense.... It actually improves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Special1: The point you're missing is that we understand our offense is good with DeMar. However, tonight, against a very good defensive team, our offense was also good without DeMar.

Our defense, however, is much better when DeMar isn't on the floor. In fact, our defense with Scola/without DeMar is better than with DeMar/without Scola.

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Also it makes a huge difference in playoff basketball when you play the same team at least 4 times in a row. Defenses wreck players like Derozan who dont pass or don't understand that the timing of the pass is just as important as the pass itself. Hero ball can't win these days. LeBron knows that.
    I wonder what defences will do to players who can't make plays for themselves or their teammates.

We NEED a player like Demar. I know it's hard for you to understand, but Demar literally has a lot of decisions to make in split seconds. Does he always make the right choices? No. Does he always make the bad choices.... Obviously not.

You see what you want to see.

Demar isn't perfect but he's the least of our problems. I said this a few times but I'll show you again....

The last time we played the Bucks on Dec. 26th

We won 111-90

Demar had 22 points and 8 assists

The TEAM had 31 assists that night (4 more than we had last night vs the Bucks)

Incidentally.... JV didn't play that game either.

So before people pile on Demar.....Just take that in. Don't say he never passes or he kills the ball movement because that's just a lie. His role is a scoring SG who gets to the rim and to the line....so of course the ball will stick a bit more, but it doesn't kill our offense.... It actually improves it.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    That was intended as a joke. It's hard to say whether or not we'd win more with better ball movement, although our assist rate does have a slight uptick in wins.(+0.3%)

I just prefer watching that kind of basketball, personally.
    Also it makes a huge difference in playoff basketball when you play the same team at least 4 times in a row. Defenses wreck players like Derozan who dont pass or don't understand that the timing of the pass is just as important as the pass itself. Hero ball can't win these days. LeBron knows that.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Ha! I'm not even sure you're trying to be funny because you're the type to actually follow that logic due to inability to understand the stats you post.

I've yet to see any evidence that the raptors would actually win more if assists/ball movement goes up. If anything, the pattern seems to be the reverse.

That was intended as a joke. It's hard to say whether or not we'd win more with better ball movement, although our assist rate does have a slight uptick in wins.(+0.3%)

I just prefer watching that kind of basketball, personally.

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    Omg that is grounds for firing if he actually said that.
    this is a coach who said "we don't have the personnel to pass" when we had Vasquez (who once led the league in assists) on our team.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    The real win about this game is that Lowry played under 30 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    According to Casey, it's bad because it increases the possibility for turnovers. Which is an argument that I've yet to hear from one single other basketball coach, analyst, reporter, commentator or fan.
    Omg that is grounds for firing if he actually said that.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Did I miss something? Giannis was a first round pick. He was taken higher than Bruno.
    You're right, when double-checking I read 15 as 51, my bad.

That game was fun, tho. Most enjoyable win to watch in a while.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    The best one is that we are undefeated when holding opponents to less than 100pts. I believe that is correct. D is where it's at. Isn't it sooo much better watching a ball game where the players are committed to defense?
    Also, keep in mind that we are near-undefeated when holding opponents below 100 because our OFFENCE is good, not our defence. Our offence basically guarantees us 100 points (only dipped below 19 times, and often because the pace is super low), so when the defence shows up, our scoring is more than enough to basically guarantee the win.

If our defence was consistently good but our offence flaky then we'd see a stat how when we score 100 we always win.

That said, I completely agree with the premise that good defence is good to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Great game. 2nd night of a B2B, on the road, missing 2 starters, get contributions from everyone, and Lowry stays under 30 mins.

Couldn't have asked for a better result.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    The best one is that we are undefeated when holding opponents to less than 100pts. I believe that is correct. D is where it's at. Isn't it sooo much better watching a ball game where the players are committed to defense?
    Not undefeated, we lost a few early in the year. But we are on a 30 game win streak when that happens (35-3 overall).

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    It is very curious to me that many of the people who frequently play down our wins as not mattering or not being important because it's the regular season, are hyping up a win over the Bucks since DeRozan was out and trying to use that as some sort of indication that the team is better without him.

Very, very curious.
    I'm very curious as to when you'll stop posting crap like this. Stop wasting your time with posts about other posters or lame attempts to goad some into a pointless conversation. If you have a point to make, make it, but cut out this crap.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    I can't understand anyone arguing that ball movement is a bad thing.
    According to Casey, it's bad because it increases the possibility for turnovers. Which is an argument that I've yet to hear from one single other basketball coach, analyst, reporter, commentator or fan.
    Last edited by JimiCliff; Wed Mar 16th, 2016, 08:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Machine
    replied
    I can't understand anyone arguing that ball movement is a bad thing. When we watched this team last year play hero ball down the stretch many of us knew we were doomed long before the playoffs began. The same thing is happening this year. I loved the way Demar played in the first half of the season. I actually thought he saw the light. The second half has been more what we're used to and it's the style of play that opposing defenses love in the playoffs. Yes our defense is a problem lately. That has nothing to do with the fact that our offense is doomed in the playoffs too. People seem to be getting fooled by wins again this year just like last year.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X