Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff
    replied
    (Also, how's this for a stat: our top 20 rebounding games? 18-2)

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    possibly.
    heres another random set of stats.

our top 10 highest assist games this year? record of 4-6.

our bottom 10 least assisted games this year? 8-2
    As far as I can see, NBA.com has us at 6-4 for the 10 highest assist games, and 7-3 for the 10 lowest.

http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/...NAME*E*Toronto

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    The raps never did much different last night than usual anyways. Offense still looked pretty crappy IMO, in terms of initiation, just that the second and third pass was being made and guys were knocking down shots. .We still ran everything through the perimeter via Lowry, Cojo, and a sprinkle of JJ and Powell. Defense was much better with Biz and Powell though, which ultimately made the difference. Didn't hurt that the Bucks played little D in the second half.

I do find it odd that I would consider one of the top offenses in basketball as pretty crappy, but to me it looks very vulnerable like it did last season. But it can work if our D is top notch, but that's a big if.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    It is very curious to me that many of the people who frequently play down our wins as not mattering or not being important because it's the regular season, are hyping up a win over the Bucks since DeRozan was out and trying to use that as some sort of indication that the team is better without him.

Very, very curious.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    In wins: 14.1 turnovers per game.
    In losses: 11.2 turnovers per game.

Obviously, all we have to do is turn it over more and we'll win more games.
    Ha! I'm not even sure you're trying to be funny because you're the type to actually follow that logic due to inability to understand the stats you post.

I've yet to see any evidence that the raptors would actually win more if assists/ball movement goes up. If anything, the pattern seems to be the reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    I really believed that Masai should should go after a stud Power Forward this off season and let Demar walk.

Demar will always be the handicap of this team defensively. Offensively, the ball sticks with him and players around Demar are relegated to be spectators.

If we continue to develop Powell(he has the fundamentals to play sound defense and has the touch from outside the three point line) and then improve the team in other ways most especially at the four position, I personally think that the ceiling of this team is higher than we are now.
    I love when a guy has one good game everyone always runs to the trade this person and that person thing. Everyone calm down. We played the Bucks. I don't care how good they have been playing they aren't a good team. Against good teams and good defenses we need Demar, simple as that. Yes he needs to buy into the ball movement a bit more but don't start going crazy because Powell had one good game and we looked really good against a bottom feeder. Powell has shown a lot and has been playing well but he isn't ready to step into Demar's role yet and neither is Ross.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    I really believed that Masai should should go after a stud Power Forward this off season and let Demar walk.

Demar will always be the handicap of this team defensively. Offensively, the ball sticks with him and players around Demar are relegated to be spectators.

If we continue to develop Powell(he has the fundamentals to play sound defense and has the touch from outside the three point line) and then improve the team in other ways most especially at the four position, I personally think that the ceiling of this team is higher than we are now.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Good win. Lots of great performances. Without 3 of their 4 best players to still get a blow out win on the road is Spurs-esque.

Powell looks like he may be able to step into the JJ role next year.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Ahh fuck it. People on this board are never happy, in fact, i'd say a lot are only happy when toronto is losing so they can cry and whine and bitch a little bit more.

It's pretty lame if you ask me. Its just sports.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    Also, for the 'it was the Bucks' people, their games this month before this one:

5 point loss to the Pacers,
    15 point win over the Timberwolves,
    8 point loss to the Thunder,
    10 point loss to the Bulls,
    6 point win over the Heat,
    11 point win over the Pelicans,
    9 point win over the Nets.

They were 4-3 this month, with no loss by more than 10 points. They haven't been that bad lately, and we wrecked them.
    Lol people really can't say "its the Bucks" considering how bad the Raptors play against mediocre teams.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    JV_The_Garbageman wrote: View Post
    On an unrelated note...

This

Very John Wall like.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Ha! Fun game. Great job stepping up by BB. Lowry was amazing, as you'd expect. Joseph played well. Ross and Powell were both red hot from the field - really nice to see from Powell who also had a few nice drives and did really well defending Giannis.

This was a nice palate cleanser after the last game.

Bucks are kind of bad, though. Still, with a short handed roster it's a really nice win.

By the way, this is why you give guys rest, or shorter minutes, and let some guys deeper on the bench play big minutes sometimes - you aren't necessarily even sacrificing wins by doing so, if you have a solid team culture and at least a couple of your key players are playing.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    That "Giannis not that good" post a while back in this thread? Kid just turned 21 and is improving in every area each season. He can already essentially do everything but shoot 3's. Can score, pass, rebound, get steals and blocks, defend, does all of it. Was averaging 20/9/8 in the 11 games prior to this one with 4 triple-doubles. And he's 21.

Not bad for a 2nd round pick.

Bruno is 20 and was taken 31 spots higher.
    Nah, Giannis was taken round 1, pick 15. Still a huge steal nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Also, for the 'it was the Bucks' people, their games this month before this one:

5 point loss to the Pacers,
    15 point win over the Timberwolves,
    8 point loss to the Thunder,
    10 point loss to the Bulls,
    6 point win over the Heat,
    11 point win over the Pelicans,
    9 point win over the Nets.

They were 4-3 this month, with no loss by more than 10 points. They haven't been that bad lately, and we wrecked them.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    That "Giannis not that good" post a while back in this thread? Kid just turned 21 and is improving in every area each season. He can already essentially do everything but shoot 3's. Can score, pass, rebound, get steals and blocks, defend, does all of it. Was averaging 20/9/8 in the 11 games prior to this one with 4 triple-doubles. And he's 21.

Not bad for a 2nd round pick.

Bruno is 20 and was taken 31 spots higher.
    Did I miss something? Giannis was a first round pick. He was taken higher than Bruno.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X