X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day One
    replied
    special1 wrote: View Post
    Are you the only person that doesn't realize how awesome Lowry is?

Lowry is a PG. Lowry is awesome.... That doesn't diminish Demar AT ALL.

Please stop comparing the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mmmmmmm brains

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    No, he doesn't. Our assist rate goes on the season is 49.4% with DeMar on the floor, 53.2% with him off the floor.

Post All-Star break?

46.7% with DeMar on the floor, 54.6% with him off the floor.

The ball moves better without DeMar on the floor.
    I'm kind of getting tired of reading this and it being used to insinuate that DeRozan kills ball movement. Newsflash, if you take someone who can and does create a lot of baskets in pick & roll, drive and iso situations and replace them with someone who needs shots created for them, then obviously the assist rate on made baskets is going to be higher.

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    1 game? I've been saying Biz ius the better prospect since day one.
    thanks man, I was really good back in the day

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    Alright then, Lowry + Bench: 57.4% assist rate.

DeMar + Bench: 43.3% assist rate.

Lowry vs. DeMar with the other 4 players being the same group.
    its almost as if one of them is a point guard or something and maybe also that position specialize in creating assist. maybe point guards tent to lead their teams in assist reasons reasons reasons statsfail reasons

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Nope, stats are faulty because reasons.
    this is just great lol

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Day One wrote: View Post
    this is purely correlated to usage #whenstatsfail
    What? Usage has nothing to do with assist rate. Usage is simply percentage of shots taken. An assisted shot contributes to both a positive assist rate, and increases the usage of the guy taking the shot.

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    No, he doesn't. Our assist rate goes on the season is 49.4% with DeMar on the floor, 53.2% with him off the floor.

Post All-Star break?

46.7% with DeMar on the floor, 54.6% with him off the floor.

The ball moves better without DeMar on the floor.
    this is purely correlated to usage #whenstatsfail

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    TBH...before the game, I was wondering who we would use to guard Giannis. Averaging 20/10/7 over the past 15 games is pretty impressive. I would not have guessed Powell would have "stopped" him (and by that, I mean held him to his recent averages). It seemed like almost every time Giannis had the ball in the front court, he was forced to pick up his dribble with Powell in front of him
    Giannas gets more giddy schoolgirl type adulation on this site than pretty much any other player in the NBA save for Curry (who deserves all the platitudes he gets).
    I have often wondered why so much love for the freak.
    He has skills and talent but his teams have finished either directly at .500 or below break even for 3 years.
    Its not like the Bucks have stiffs surrounding him either stunting his talents.
    They have the 2nd overall pick in Parker.. .A bona fide 5 in Monroe and a pretty decent SG in Middleton... yet Giannas has "led" them exactly nowhere. He doesn't play with much fire. There is more hype than substance with him. That was a very quiet and unnoticeable triple double he put up tonight... well one assist short of the trip.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Mar 16th, 2016, 12:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Mailing this one in a bit. Does the difference between winning and losing just come down to our 3pt %? It seems simple and it may be a symptom of better overall play but last night, we go 6/20. If we hit 7/20 we would have won the game (possibly). Tonight we are 14/29 and it's a blowout. It's an inherently less predictable shot and when it goes in we win and when it doesn't, we don't. I'm sure someone will have actual facts to shoot this down but that's a guess.
    We scored the same number of points in each game. Last night, we gave up 109 points. Tonight, we gave up 89 points.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Again....You were the one that said the ball doesn't move with Demar. I showed you that it did against this very same team this season.

I just wanted to remind you of the facts.

You can't blame the ball movement solely on Demar as he's not our PG. Obviously, a scoring SG is going to look for his shot. Especially one that gets into the paint at will. That's just common sense. That's not a knock on Demar.

No, I said the ball 'generally doesn't move as well' without DeMar. You cited a specific instance where it does. I brought up that on the whole, this entire season, our assist rate goes up when DeMar is off the floor and down when he's on the floor. You brought up lineup comparisons, so I brought up the two lineups that can be compared directly with a decent sample size where 4 players remain the same and DeMar vs Lowry is the only change, you said that was irrelevant because of how good Lowry is. Then I said that DeMar is a good passer who sometimes doesn't pass, and you said that I was still wrong.

I've presented statistics, time after time, you've just said 'lol you're wrong'.

Leave a comment:

• Day One
    replied
    This is for you, Special1. I literally said we aren't better without DeMar, but we'd be better if DeMar played within this type of hard-nosed defense, ball-moving offense system.
    its called insinuating, juvenile behavior at its best

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Mailing this one in a bit. Does the difference between winning and losing just come down to our 3pt %? It seems simple and it may be a symptom of better overall play but last night, we go 6/20. If we hit 7/20 we would have won the game (possibly). Tonight we are 14/29 and it's a blowout. It's an inherently less predictable shot and when it goes in we win and when it doesn't, we don't. I'm sure someone will have actual facts to shoot this down but that's a guess.

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    You're right, sometimes DeMar passes the ball really well. I'm the one who got shot down in the DeMar thread when I argued he could average 6 assists per game. I think DeMar's a capable passer who sometimes settles too much into the mindset of him needing to take over the game himself, which leads to his teammates not being involved on that end of the floor.

It has nothing to do with whether or not he's a capable passer, he's not always a willing one. The ball moved better tonight than it has in a while, that's pretty hard to argue with.
    Again....You were the one that said the ball doesn't move with Demar. I showed you that it did against this very same team this season.

I just wanted to remind you of the facts.

You can't blame the ball movement solely on Demar as he's not our PG. Obviously, a scoring SG is going to look for his shot. Especially one that gets into the paint at will. That's just common sense. That's not a knock on Demar.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    JV's ugly ass hook shot is actually effective. Plus he's a good garbage man big
    Garbage man big is a great way to describe JV. He's a Robin Lopez type of player.
    Last edited by The Great One; Wed Mar 16th, 2016, 12:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    So to prove your point you give us the stats of a point guard vs. A scoring SG....??

Yea.

Sorry.... You take any opportunity to hate on Demar.

But you lost when you forgot that when we played the Bucks on Dec. 26th

We beat the Bucks by 21 (111-90)

Demar had 22 points and 8 assists

The TEAM had 31 assists

So please explain that....

You're right, sometimes DeMar passes the ball really well. I'm the one who got shot down in the DeMar thread when I argued he could average 6 assists per game. I think DeMar's a capable passer who sometimes settles too much into the mindset of him needing to take over the game himself, which leads to his teammates not being involved on that end of the floor.

It has nothing to do with whether or not he's a capable passer, he's not always a willing one. The ball moved better tonight than it has in a while, that's pretty hard to argue with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X