Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR
    replied
    JV's ugly ass hook shot is actually effective. Plus he's a good garbage man big

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    JV has the second best eFG% in the league when receiving a pass in the paint. You're right, he has no post up game.
    Lol

Dude... A pass in the paint can result in a dunk or layup.... Doesn't mean he actually posted up.

Another useless stat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JV_The_Garbageman
    replied
    We'll see what the next games against Indy brings us. If tonight is any indication of how they will perform in the Allen Fieldhouse then I have confidence in this team. If they decide to become disorganized/dis-engaged on the defensive end coupled with a steady diet of isolation basketball, Indy will mop the floor with them.

Hope to see the former rather than the latter...

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Who would have thought that the Raps could have beaten a Giannas led team by 20 ... in a walk....
    and Giannias was an assist short of a triple double...
    God we must be good...
    TBH...before the game, I was wondering who we would use to guard Giannis. Averaging 20/10/7 over the past 15 games is pretty impressive. I would not have guessed Powell would have "stopped" him (and by that, I mean held him to his recent averages). It seemed like almost every time Giannis had the ball in the front court, he was forced to pick up his dribble with Powell in front of him

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    Your argument was that DeMar shares the ball, I was pointing out that of our 5-man units that have played more than 100 minutes, the best offensive unit, the one that shares the ball the most, is the only lineup without DeMar in it.

DeMar is the passing problem, I'm not sure why you can't see that. It's not simply about who gets the assist, it's about the ball, and the players, being in a constant state of motion to keep the defense moving and create better shots.
    So to prove your point you give us the stats of a point guard vs. A scoring SG....??

Yea.

Sorry.... You take any opportunity to hate on Demar.

But you lost when you forgot that when we played the Bucks on Dec. 26th

We beat the Bucks by 21 (111-90)

Demar had 22 points and 8 assists

The TEAM had 31 assists

So please explain that....

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    JV has zero post up game. Dude always turnsa the ball over whenever he gets the ball in the post. Most of his pts comes from dunks, layups and tip ins......just like Biz.
    His TO% is below average.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    JV has zero post up game. Dude always turnsa the ball over whenever he gets the ball in the post. Most of his pts comes from dunks, layups and tip ins......just like Biz.
    JV has the second best eFG% in the league when receiving a pass in the paint. You're right, he has no post up game.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Dang, you fooled me again. Well played

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    ogi wrote: View Post
    For an analytics guy you seem a little too worked up for a one game sample
    It's a one-game sample that affirms what some statistics have already said, which is that we move the ball better without DeMar. On the season, our assist rate goes up when he's off the floor. On the season, our defense is better when he's off the floor.

Leave a comment:

• ogi
    replied
    Also, remember how 'Lowry/DeMar play so many minutes because we lose without them? Lowry at 28 minutes tonight, no DeMar.
    For an analytics guy you seem a little too worked up for a one game sample

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    special1 wrote: View Post
    Are you the only person that doesn't realize how awesome Lowry is?

Lowry is a PG. Lowry is awesome.... That doesn't finish Demar AT ALL.

Please stop comparing the two.

Your argument was that DeMar shares the ball, I was pointing out that of our 5-man units that have played more than 100 minutes, the best offensive unit, the one that shares the ball the most, is the only lineup without DeMar in it.

DeMar is the passing problem, I'm not sure why you can't see that. It's not simply about who gets the assist, it's about the ball, and the players, being in a constant state of motion to keep the defense moving and create better shots.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Raps 2nd and 3rd best player tonight? Biz and Powell. The Raps are just SO MUCH BETTER when Biz is on the floor man. Does anyone knw the Raps record when Biz is in the starting lineup? and i'm not hating on JV here but Biz is the better prospect. He really is. 12 points and 13 rebounds. That's JV like number right there.

As for Powell, he's just an intense competitor, a lot like Lowry.
    Raptors are 11-7 (.611%) when Bismack starts. 33-14 (.702%) when JV starts.

.....yeah.. no.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Except he isn't. He puts the ball In the hoop one game and is completely inept the next. Jv has way more ability in the post and has improved year to year

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    After this win, who's excited to hear Toronto radio post game coverage...of the Leafs?

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    Game 66: Raptors @ Bucks, Tuesday March 15th at 8:00pm on TSN

Alright then, Lowry + Bench: 57.4% assist rate.

DeMar + Bench: 43.3% assist rate.

Lowry vs. DeMar with the other 4 players being the same group.
    Are you the only person that doesn't realize how awesome Lowry is?

Lowry is a PG. Lowry is awesome.... That doesn't diminish Demar AT ALL.

Please stop comparing the two.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X