No announcement yet.

Game 66: Milwaukee Bucks 89 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh fuck it. People on this board are never happy, in fact, i'd say a lot are only happy when toronto is losing so they can cry and whine and bitch a little bit more.

It's pretty lame if you ask me. Its just sports.

Comment

• Good win. Lots of great performances. Without 3 of their 4 best players to still get a blow out win on the road is Spurs-esque.

Powell looks like he may be able to step into the JJ role next year.

Comment

• I really believed that Masai should should go after a stud Power Forward this off season and let Demar walk.

Demar will always be the handicap of this team defensively. Offensively, the ball sticks with him and players around Demar are relegated to be spectators.

If we continue to develop Powell(he has the fundamentals to play sound defense and has the touch from outside the three point line) and then improve the team in other ways most especially at the four position, I personally think that the ceiling of this team is higher than we are now.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          I really believed that Masai should should go after a stud Power Forward this off season and let Demar walk.

Demar will always be the handicap of this team defensively. Offensively, the ball sticks with him and players around Demar are relegated to be spectators.

If we continue to develop Powell(he has the fundamentals to play sound defense and has the touch from outside the three point line) and then improve the team in other ways most especially at the four position, I personally think that the ceiling of this team is higher than we are now.
          I love when a guy has one good game everyone always runs to the trade this person and that person thing. Everyone calm down. We played the Bucks. I don't care how good they have been playing they aren't a good team. Against good teams and good defenses we need Demar, simple as that. Yes he needs to buy into the ball movement a bit more but don't start going crazy because Powell had one good game and we looked really good against a bottom feeder. Powell has shown a lot and has been playing well but he isn't ready to step into Demar's role yet and neither is Ross.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            In wins: 14.1 turnovers per game.
            In losses: 11.2 turnovers per game.

Obviously, all we have to do is turn it over more and we'll win more games.
            Ha! I'm not even sure you're trying to be funny because you're the type to actually follow that logic due to inability to understand the stats you post.

I've yet to see any evidence that the raptors would actually win more if assists/ball movement goes up. If anything, the pattern seems to be the reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It is very curious to me that many of the people who frequently play down our wins as not mattering or not being important because it's the regular season, are hyping up a win over the Bucks since DeRozan was out and trying to use that as some sort of indication that the team is better without him.

Very, very curious.

Comment

• The raps never did much different last night than usual anyways. Offense still looked pretty crappy IMO, in terms of initiation, just that the second and third pass was being made and guys were knocking down shots. .We still ran everything through the perimeter via Lowry, Cojo, and a sprinkle of JJ and Powell. Defense was much better with Biz and Powell though, which ultimately made the difference. Didn't hurt that the Bucks played little D in the second half.

I do find it odd that I would consider one of the top offenses in basketball as pretty crappy, but to me it looks very vulnerable like it did last season. But it can work if our D is top notch, but that's a big if.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  possibly.
                  heres another random set of stats.

our top 10 highest assist games this year? record of 4-6.

our bottom 10 least assisted games this year? 8-2
                  As far as I can see, NBA.com has us at 6-4 for the 10 highest assist games, and 7-3 for the 10 lowest.

http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/...NAME*E*Toronto
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• (Also, how's this for a stat: our top 20 rebounding games? 18-2)
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• (Also, top 20 +/- games? 20-0!)
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• The best one is that we are undefeated when holding opponents to less than 100pts. I believe that is correct. D is where it's at. Isn't it sooo much better watching a ball game where the players are committed to defense?

Comment

• I can't understand anyone arguing that ball movement is a bad thing. When we watched this team last year play hero ball down the stretch many of us knew we were doomed long before the playoffs began. The same thing is happening this year. I loved the way Demar played in the first half of the season. I actually thought he saw the light. The second half has been more what we're used to and it's the style of play that opposing defenses love in the playoffs. Yes our defense is a problem lately. That has nothing to do with the fact that our offense is doomed in the playoffs too. People seem to be getting fooled by wins again this year just like last year.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            I can't understand anyone arguing that ball movement is a bad thing.
                            According to Casey, it's bad because it increases the possibility for turnovers. Which is an argument that I've yet to hear from one single other basketball coach, analyst, reporter, commentator or fan.
                            Last edited by JimiCliff; Wed Mar 16, 2016, 08:43 AM.
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              It is very curious to me that many of the people who frequently play down our wins as not mattering or not being important because it's the regular season, are hyping up a win over the Bucks since DeRozan was out and trying to use that as some sort of indication that the team is better without him.

Very, very curious.
                              I'm very curious as to when you'll stop posting crap like this. Stop wasting your time with posts about other posters or lame attempts to goad some into a pointless conversation. If you have a point to make, make it, but cut out this crap.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                The best one is that we are undefeated when holding opponents to less than 100pts. I believe that is correct. D is where it's at. Isn't it sooo much better watching a ball game where the players are committed to defense?
                                Not undefeated, we lost a few early in the year. But we are on a 30 game win streak when that happens (35-3 overall).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X