Game 66: Milwaukee Bucks 89 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    I agree with all of this except I can't imagine Demarre coming back and being fresh as ever. I am expecting the description to be more along the lines of rusty and out of game shape (cardio). I really hope he can be the defender he was immediately coming back after a serious knee injury but I'm wary that will take more time than this season allows.
    Well I more meant fresh in terms of not being tired from playing too much. He definitely will be rusty and winded at first but at least it won't be from playing too many minutes. I think he should get over the winded part by the playoffs. The rusty part might take longer. Who knows. I find a lot of players are coming back from injury looking really good these days though. I don't know if they have better rehab programs or medical staff in the NBA these days but I find a lot of players are coming back from injury looking and playing a lot better than expected. Not quite as good as they were before the injury obviously but not as rusty and one would think. Hopefully that's the case for Carroll. I just feel if Carroll was still able to shoot the ball at 37% and play decent when his knee was pretty much gone there is no reason to think otherwise with his knee 100%. It should just be the rust and the stamina that slows him down at first.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

That sounds promising. Let's see if he can adapt come playoff time.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        That "Giannis not that good" post a while back in this thread? Kid just turned 21 and is improving in every area each season. He can already essentially do everything but shoot 3's. Can score, pass, rebound, get steals and blocks, defend, does all of it. Was averaging 20/9/8 in the 11 games prior to this one with 4 triple-doubles. And he's 21.

Not bad for a 2nd round pick.

Bruno is 20 and was taken 31 spots higher.
        My point is that the Bucks are finishing out of the playoffs with him.
        They can finish out of the playoffs without him too.
        When he makes everyone around him better and lead the Deer into the post season with his play...then the opinion changes.
        Till then....so what ?
        The league is littered with phenoms dripping with potential.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Ha! Fun game. Great job stepping up by BB. Lowry was amazing, as you'd expect. Joseph played well. Ross and Powell were both red hot from the field - really nice to see from Powell who also had a few nice drives and did really well defending Giannis.

This was a nice palate cleanser after the last game.

Bucks are kind of bad, though. Still, with a short handed roster it's a really nice win.

By the way, this is why you give guys rest, or shorter minutes, and let some guys deeper on the bench play big minutes sometimes - you aren't necessarily even sacrificing wins by doing so, if you have a solid team culture and at least a couple of your key players are playing.
          Very shorthanded roster....We played without 3 starters(JV / DD / DC) ...
          - TGO

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            Things I liked:

Happy Jack crooning some John Denver. I would probably rather listen to Jack sing for a whole game than Leo say one word. Helps when the Raps are kicking ass.

After Powell cruised through the lane for another layup late in the game, I saw a glimpse of GV on the bench in a suit looking like Sad Keanu. If I wasn't at work I'd take the time to make a comparison pic. Might do it tonight.

Not that I enjoy seeing GV not being happy, it was more about having someone a lot younger, a lot quicker with better defense in a Raptors uniform replacing some of his minutes from last season.
            Count me in the camp of a Leo-less in game commentary whenever possible. Hoping TSN has the majority of the remaining games so that our version of Brick Tamland can remain in studio with Rod Black.
            - TGO

Comment

• It's really too bad Masai couldn't figure out a way to trade into that 2013 draft like he wanted to. A Lowry-DeRozan-Giannis-JV core would be absolute amazing.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Count me in the camp of a Leo-less in game commentary whenever possible. Hoping TSN has the majority of the remaining games so that our version of Brick Tamland can remain in studio with Rod Black.
                Leo has zero personality or humor. I like when Matt and Jack start riffing on things like jack still having a flip phone and a tape deck
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Sooo...anyone else agree that Jabari Parker is not going to be a good NBA player? He isnt very smart and often cut into his teammates space and screwed them over. Also defense....

That team is made of Giannis, Middleton, and Henson. No centers and no legit #1 point guards (tho Bayless and Ennis both look great for the backup PG spot). Also Henson needs a sandwich and some dumbells.

Honestly those three guys look amazing and if their upper management could turn over the rest of the roster with a legit center and some shooters they could be really good. Dont see the potential if they try and keep this grouo together. Curious to see what they do this offseason

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Leo has zero personality or humor. I like when Matt and Jack start riffing on things like jack still having a flip phone and a tape deck
                    Matt gets a little over the top with it which can become very annoying but I much prefer this over Leo.

Comment

That and if he gets a little leash.. Jacks grasp of the game as it unfolds simply dwarfs those of Kid 'Kuse.
                      - TGO

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Sooo...anyone else agree that Jabari Parker is not going to be a good NBA player? He isnt very smart and often cut into his teammates space and screwed them over. Also defense....

That team is made of Giannis, Middleton, and Henson. No centers and no legit #1 point guards (tho Bayless and Ennis both look great for the backup PG spot). Also Henson needs a sandwich and some dumbells.

Honestly those three guys look amazing and if their upper management could turn over the rest of the roster with a legit center and some shooters they could be really good. Dont see the potential if they try and keep this grouo together. Curious to see what they do this offseason
                        Parker has potential to be a good 3rd option..he's pretty efficient.

I thought ennis looked great last night, he really deserves a chance.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Wow that's a shitty roster lol
                          Shitty line up but 18 point W

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/r...emarre-carroll

Masai update on DeMarre.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Not sure that classifies as an update

Comment

Working...
                                X