Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    So we can't develop players either now?
    Is it really a knock on the development program to say that there wouldn't be as many opportunities for Giannis to elevate his game with 2 Allstars on the team? You think Paul George would break out in his 3rd and 4th season if not for Granger going down with injury?

slaw wrote: View Post
    No, no, no. The only difference between them is NBA playing time. That's the sole factor at play.

And we all know that no young player (Derozan) has ever developed into anything as a member of the Toronto (Valanciunas) Raptors cause young players get no opportunity (Ross) to play here as can be seen with refusal of the coaching staff to play any rookies (Powell) this year at all.
    Scraptor said playing time and opportunities no? The only one getting an ample amount of both is DeRozan. Ross wasn't even playing starter minutes even when John freaking Salmons was his backup. Powell is at 8 minutes a game right now. Our highest picked player since 2006 has a PER of 21.3 in a 2 season span and you want to sit there and pretend he's getting opportunities with 8 shots a game in 26 minutes a night?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Valanciunas is still tentative as shit after all the times Casey yanked him around. He's played fewer minutes per game this year than either of the previous two seasons.
      Absolutely fucking ridiculous, mind-boggling, unfathomable and atrocious.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Here is an example that references both Popovich's commitment to playing young players, as well as our playing Aaron Gray over Jonas Valanciunas in crunch time:
        http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-young-players
        This right here is the money quote:

Casey said he hasn't had deep discussions with the analytics team about Valanciunas, but Sterner has, and he agreed it's sometimes a thorny issue of valuing culture over results. "You want your defense to be sound," Sterner says. "Even though the production might be better, you still want [Valanciunas] doing the right thing."
        Or maybe - maybe - you show a little humility and say 'hmm...even though we don't like this, it's actually working better...how can we adjust to take advantage of it?'
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Here is an example that references both Popovich's commitment to playing young players, as well as our playing Aaron Gray over Jonas Valanciunas in crunch time:
          http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-young-players
          I don't know why ridiculous Casey quotes continue to astound me, but I just can't get over how many there are.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• This season, Green led the Spurs in minutes played. Splitter, Leonard and Neal all logged more minutes than Ginobili. It's about keeping the stars fresh, which is crucial. And it's about developing the young corps. The right way to distribute minutes is up and down the roster. When you get it right, you can end up with fresh veterans and trusted young players, both of whom can work wonders.
            Some more gold. Applies to this team a lot.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              I'm very curious as to when you'll stop posting crap like this. Stop wasting your time with posts about other posters or lame attempts to goad some into a pointless conversation. If you have a point to make, make it, but cut out this crap.
              Why??

He makes a very strong point and a pretty important one. People here have fallen into a few common schools of thoughts.... and they are false, and they have to stop yapping about them.

Comment

• Decided to make a thread instead.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Why??

He makes a very strong point and a pretty important one. People here have fallen into a few common schools of thoughts.... and they are false, and they have to stop yapping about them.
                  Well Craig it's quite simple, he isn't trying to start a conversation or make a point, it's simply bait and it's been posted too much around here lately. It's not his place, or yours, to tell people to "stop yapping about them."
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Scraptor said playing time and opportunities no? The only one getting an ample amount of both is DeRozan. Ross wasn't even playing starter minutes even when John freaking Salmons was his backup. Powell is at 8 minutes a game right now. Our highest picked player since 2006 has a PER of 21.3 in a 2 season span and you want to sit there and pretend he's getting opportunities with 8 shots a game in 26 minutes a night?
                    The double standards from Dwane Casey have been ridiculous. Players that take bad shots and struggle on defense are called out/benched unless you're DeRozan, Lowry, Rudy or Bargnani. Once Casey anoints someone as the "guy" they can't seem to do any wrong, or he tries to make it so their wrongs aren't bad (remember when he asked Bargs to get 2 rebounds a quarter, then later set the bar even lower and just asked him to box out?). He only prioritizes involving the "guys" in the offense and allows them to run the show, even if it means other players are frozen out of the offense. Bad shots they take are shots that they normally make.

And when their defense is putrid, he hardly mentions it and basically every other player on the floor with them has to do what they can to make up for their short comings. Casey used to trot out Calderon over Lowry as mentioned above, and on numerous occasions had Vasquez out on the floor in the clutch despite preaching defense. I could say more but meh
                    OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                    X