X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of love on this thread and from Jack about that play where they passed it around 5 times and wound up with a Powell 3 to beat the clock. But if the shot rimmed out (a higher statistical probability), wouldn't we be complaining about the inept offence on the play? Is it considered a successful play because a player got an uncontested look from the corner 3? Or can any play that ends with Powell having to hoist a last second 3 be considered "good offence"?
    I'm happy to see a missed open shot over a turn around contest fade away long two. Keep taking those open looks and we'll make more than the alternative. Unfortunately people can't hit today but I'm much happier with this offense.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Two good things happeing outside of us being in front of the Bucks...
    Magic seem to have Denver by their nuggets up 8 with a minute to go...
    and Brooklyn is making Danny Ainge squirm as his pick is slowly dropping in the lottery as the Nyets are punking the Hinkies by 20 in the 3rd..

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    7/17 from the field is my quick count, so 41.2%.
    Okay okay I hold my judgement until the end of the game but Im seeing too many blow bys on defense.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    I'm seeing a lot of love on this thread and from Jack about that play where they passed it around 5 times and wound up with a Powell 3 to beat the clock. But if the shot rimmed out (a higher statistical probability), wouldn't we be complaining about the inept offence on the play? Is it considered a successful play because a player got an uncontested look from the corner 3? Or can any play that ends with Powell having to hoist a last second 3 be considered "good offence"?
    If the ball moves into a good, set, open three, I'm happy with it every time, make or miss. You take good shots and if you lose because they miss that's basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    weird...Giannis is more than halfway to another triple double and I strangely feel like we have contained him

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    I think because it was he is second touch in that sequence. But your point is completely valid.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    What did we keep them to in the second quarter percentage wise?
    7/17 from the field is my quick count, so 41.2%.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Everyone is going off about the ball movement and offense but we are only up 3. When will you guys learn man. DEFENSE is our issue. DEFENSE. We can move the ball all we want but keep getting beat off the dribble like you're a pylon and it's all for nothing
    You're starting to sound like Peanutwoozle and his rants on effort.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Everyone is going off about the ball movement and offense but we are only up 3. When will you guys learn man. DEFENSE is our issue. DEFENSE. We can move the ball all we want but keep getting beat off the dribble like you're a pylon and it's all for nothing
    49 first half not bad. Let's see if can keep Bucks under 100. The 2s don't hurt as much as the 3s. But yes we need to protect paint better in secon half .

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Dude, GLF. Keep calm. The defense has been fine this game.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    Imagine Powell with Curry's shot, Crawford's dribble, Rondo's Court vision, Hibbert's Height, Lebron's body, Wall's speed, Duncan's IQ, and Leonard's Defense
    Raps fans would still think he be overpaid

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    The second quarter was a great defensive quarter. Not sure what the issue is. Despite the poor shooting, Ross is +8, CoJo is +10. Lowry/CoJo/Ross units are working well tonight, as always.
    What did we keep them to in the second quarter percentage wise?

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    Actually it does matter

Guarantee we win 80% games vs bucks and likely lose 70% to Spurs
    We've actually played Spurs well last 2 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    The def is the issue but it's not individual defenders.

For whatever reason we are picking up their guards (bayless and ennis) at 25 feet, even the strongest defenders are going to struggle keeping a man in front of them that far out. It's clear the message is to drive them to the large defenders. The question is why?

To tire them out so they don't have legs in the second half? Bait them into kicking out to average to below average 3 point shooters? Or do we think our shot blocking is strong enough to discourage them from going inside and see if they'll move the ball to the wings?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X