Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Game 67 - Toronto Raptors 101 - Indiana Pacers 94

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post
    But there's no evidence pointing to that conclusion.

    Literally every regular on the team has a better DRTG without Scola than with him (except CoJo who has basically identical numbers regardless). Maybe it's the other 9 players. Or maybe it's the guy all the evidence points to.
    Wait? I thought we were discussing Derozan's on/off numbers and I was hinting that maybe there are some perils to relying on on/off numbers to tell you about a player's ability?

    Yeah, I absolutely agree Scola is a liability defensively but all you need to do is watch him play for 5 minutes to know that. Listing off a pile of on/off numbers isn't shedding light on the situation.

    EDIT: Also, the position being implied here is that Derozan is somewhere worse (?) or something defensively based on the comparison of some on/off numbers. That was what I was responding to: that it is perilous to make a case that Derozan is a poor defender based on those numbers.
    Last edited by slaw; Fri Mar 18th, 2016, 11:56 AM.

    Comment


    • slaw wrote: View Post
      Wait? I thought we were discussing Derozan's on/off numbers and I was hinting that maybe there are some perils to relying on on/off numbers to tell you about a player's ability?

      Yeah, I absolutely agree Scola is a liability defensively but all you need to do is watch him play for 5 minutes to know that. Listing off a pile of on/off numbers isn't shedding light on the situation.
      For sure, Scola is the most obvious case, and it is obvious watching him. What happens though when you watch a guy like DD, and others do, and come away with different impressions of his defence? That's where the stats come in handy.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        For sure, Scola is the most obvious case, and it is obvious watching him. What happens though when you watch a guy like DD, and others do, and come away with different impressions of his defence? That's where the stats come in handy.
        Agreed. I just don't have as much faith in on/off and +/- numbers as others. Or, at least, I'm not sure that the tell me much more than simply watching the game does.

        Comment


        • High minute, high usage players often have defensive issues. No coincidence DD's defensive intensity was a lot higher last night after being rested in the Bucks game.

          Watching games yields only some information. Most of us follow the ball too much to see anywhere close to everything that's happening on the court.

          How much we like or dislike players makes a huge difference in how we view their play on the defensive end.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

          Comment


          • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            High minute, high usage players often have defensive issues. No coincidence DD's defensive intensity was a lot higher last night after being rested in the Bucks game.

            Watching games yields only some information. Most of us follow the ball too much to see anywhere close to everything that's happening on the court.

            How much we like or dislike players makes a huge difference in how we view their play on the defensive end.
            Yeah that last paragraph goes both ways. It was only 2 days off. There's been plenty of times where he has had 2 days off and not brought the same intensity.

            Comment


            • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              High minute, high usage players often have defensive issues. No coincidence DD's defensive intensity was a lot higher last night after being rested in the Bucks game.

              Watching games yields only some information. Most of us follow the ball too much to see anywhere close to everything that's happening on the court.

              How much we like or dislike players makes a huge difference in how we view their play on the defensive end.
              So true.

              Comment


              • FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                Yeah that last paragraph goes both ways. It was only 2 days off. There's been plenty of times where he has had 2 days off and not brought the same intensity.
                That is true. Maybe it was something psychological as well, but that was the best defensive effort from him I can remember this year.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                Comment


                • New Game thread anyone?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X