Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Should we be Scared of the Playoffs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should we be Scared of the Playoffs?

    http://www.raptorshq.com/2016/3/18/1...row-dependence

    Posting this article here......
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

  • #2
    Katherynne73 wrote: View Post

    Comment


    • #3
      DeRozan is particularly free throws.
      This is indeed terrifying.

      Comment


      • #4
        This year we've been getting a lot of our free throws from drives to the rim, many times on mismatches. A lot more sustainable than last year's ISO baiting guys into contact free throws.

        Comment


        • #5
          no not at all, this is a different team.

          Comment


          • #6
            If I was scared about anything it would be about specific matchups, or the three point defence. It's pretty hard to extrapolate from any 4 game sample size much of anything, let alone free throw rate in a playoff series a year later against a different team, especially from series where 2 of the 4 games were blowouts (and even maybe a third), So, no I'm not worried about that.

            Derozan in particular got to the line 11 times a game against Brooklyn two seasons ago, so, should we be excited that he'll get to the line 2.5 more times per game than he did this season? That's what I thought.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm only scared about Casey's coaching and the stupid Lowry/DD isolations with the game on the line.
              Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

              Comment


              • #8
                any opponent the raptors play should be shown respect, this is a different team and casey is a better coach then he was last year

                Comment


                • #9
                  A.I wrote: View Post
                  I'm only scared about Casey's coaching and the stupid Lowry/DD isolations with the game on the line.
                  westbrook and durant have been accused of not trusting there teamates in lategame close game situations

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    rightsideup wrote: View Post
                    westbrook and durant have been accused of not trusting there teamates in lategame close game situations
                    Which is why those 2 have missed a lot of clutch shots and made many. Both of them are legit superstars and 2 of the best scorers in the league, so you can afford to give them the ball in those situations. Lowry and DD are not, or at least not as good as those 2.
                    Last edited by A.I; Sat Mar 19th, 2016, 12:07 PM.
                    Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      rightsideup wrote: View Post
                      westbrook and durant have been accused of not trusting there teamates in lategame close game situations
                      If you can't win a title running your offense through only two players when those two players are two of the top 5 players in the league, how do we expect to do it with Lowry and DeMar, who aren't nearly as good?
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Barolt wrote: View Post
                        If you can't win a title running your offense through only two players when those two players are two of the top 5 players in the league, how do we expect to do it with Lowry and DeMar, who aren't nearly as good?
                        Precisely. It was the same thing with the Heat between Wade/LeBron when they ran into the Mavericks in the Finals. It made them realize that the your-turn, my-turn dynamic wouldn't get it done.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The your-turn/my-turn offense may not help win a championship, but it might be enough to get you past the first round. And that's really the only goal right now.

                          Defense is the only thing I'm worried about.. more of what we've seen the past few games then what we've seen before that. Offense isn't an issue. It's the defense.

                          Well and no brain farts from Casey. Make sure you call a crucial play from the right side of the court please.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The your-turn/my-turn offense may not help win a championship, but it might be enough to get you past the first round. And that's really the only goal right now.

                            Defense is the only thing I'm worried about.. more of what we've seen the past few games then what we've seen before that. Offense isn't an issue. It's the defense.

                            Well and no brain farts from Casey. Make sure you call a crucial play from the right side of the court please.
                            I want to see evidence that we're building a team with a championship future. I'd love to win a playoff round, but at the end of the day I want championships.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sinbad wrote: View Post
                              Precisely. It was the same thing with the Heat between Wade/LeBron when they ran into the Mavericks in the Finals. It made them realize that the your-turn, my-turn dynamic wouldn't get it done.
                              you are saying back to back champions and 4 times to the finals in 4 years is a bad building plan?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X