Game #68 - Boston Celtics 91 - Toronto Raptors 105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I said it was a better indicator of future winning percentage, not playoff success. I was just providing a simplistic example that shows that wins are not the most predictive things. I wouldn't rely heavily on win rate OR point differential in the playoffs, there's too much matchup stuff, average results are not that predictive.
    This is true. Well is there any kind of stat that might be a good predictor of playoff success?
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Your 2015-2016 NBA Champions

When was this taken?
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        This is true. Well is there any kind of stat that might be a good predictor of playoff success?
        Winning 4 of 7 games is always indicative of playoff success.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Winning 4 of 7 games is always indicative of playoff success.
          Advanced stats is what I should have said

Comment

When was this taken?
            No idea. @Raptors just tweeted it few hours ago

Comment

Advanced stats is what I should have said
              Still would have trolled you.

Years ago, Pops felt defensive FG% was crucial.

And there's this:

http://www.na-businesspress.com/AJM/...R_Web13_3_.pdf

Finally, some unsolicited advice. Don't fret and worry so much about the future when you have ZERO control over what happens. At least try to enjoy the moment.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Still would have trolled you.

Years ago, Pops felt defensive FG% was crucial.

And there's this:

http://www.na-businesspress.com/AJM/...R_Web13_3_.pdf

Finally, some unsolicited advice. Don't fret and worry so much about the future when you have ZERO control over what happens. At least try to enjoy the moment.
                Ultimately so much depends on how you match up, health, coaching decisions in those specific games.... Incredibly difficult to predict how a playoff series will go based on stats. In general it is obviously a good sign if you have a low DRTG and a high ORTG but play styles really muddy the waters enough to make any prediction more guess than estimate.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Ultimately so much depends on how you match up, health, coaching decisions in those specific games.... Incredibly difficult to predict how a playoff series will go based on stats. In general it is obviously a good sign if you have a low DRTG and a high ORTG but play styles really muddy the waters enough to make any prediction more guess than estimate.
                  Makes sense. I guess we will all just have to wait and see

Comment

Funny. I think that's the only time I've seen Kyle and Demar sitting down at the same time this whole season.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                      Funny. I think that's the only time I've seen Kyle and Demar sitting down at the same time this whole season.

LOL ahahahaha good one

Comment

Scola taller than Biyombo?? Maybe it's just the hair...
                        the original brow

Comment

• douby leave me wrote: View Post
                          Biyombo's 6-8 right? Luis is 6-9.

Comment

• douby leave me wrote: View Post
                            Bruno looks taller than JJ&Patterson. And the same height as JT.
                            JT is listed at 6'11"....
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Yo Bruno looks like a 7 footer in that pic...

Comment

Working...
                              X