Masai and Executive of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mess wrote: View Post
    So Dolan is going to fire Phil Jackson (and continue to pay him $12M for 3 more years) because he hates Kurt Rambis, then the Raptors are going to let Masai out of his contract, then Dolan is going to pay Masai another $12M or more a season...that's what some people are thinking will happen? Or even want to happen? (Not for the Raptors sake, Masai's)
    The story is about the Knicks planning for two years from now, when Ujiri's deal is up.

Still ridiculous.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      The story is about the Knicks planning for two years from now, when Ujiri's deal is up.

Still ridiculous.
      "To Dolan’s credit, he is giving himself a safety net for when Jackson’s contract expires in two seasons or if Jackson decides to step away or is fired before his deal runs out.

Among the list of potential successors is believed to be Toronto Raptors GM Masai Ujiri...."

I don't know what kind of safety net putting a name on a list is, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        What made Masai walk away from Denver? He had it pretty good there. Was it $$$? Because MLSE will lose to NY in any cash war.

I'd like to assume this is all a joke but Tim is gone and MLSE is a joke. I really hope Masai sticks around. He's been such a blessing. Best Toronto sports GM ever (although I don't watch hockey or baseball so I'm showing bias).
        Pat Gillick. 11 consecutive years with at least 10 more W's than L's, 5 playoffs and back to back World Series Championships.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Ok already. Jeeez. Time to extend Masai then and just give Dolan some more heartburn.

Maybe MU planted this story.

When was the last time any NYC tabloid broke a real story?
          Last edited by Bendit; Wed Apr 6, 2016, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Obligatory:

Comment

Managing the Knicks, much like managing the leafs, ain't all its cracked up to be. Contrary to popular belief, you don't become a legend, you just fail. Because the market doesn't allow for patience. Masai has unfinished business here and he would still be a legend in his own right If he brought a title to the great white north. In fact after new York, toronto is one of the top nba cities that it would he huuuge if they closed the deal. Dismal history, only Canadian team, etc. The odds are stacked against you.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Well...now there's a job for him in Philly

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Well...now there's a job for him in Philly
                  Apparently jerry colangelo is bringing in his good ol son Bryan to run things.

Funny thing is after this year's draft Philly will probably have the assets to be a real good team in 2 or 3 years and they'll take all the credit
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Apparently jerry colangelo is bringing in his good ol son Bryan to run things.

Funny thing is after this year's draft Philly will probably have the assets to be a real good team in 2 or 3 years and they'll take all the credit
                    Good Dolan can ruin "The Process" instead of the Messiah

Comment

• Oh my goodness, BC in Philly is going to abandon the "process" for shortcut solutions so fast it'll make your head spin. Do we have any veteran players we don't want and would trade for multiple lottery picks?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I read that Danny Ferry might join BC in the new process.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                          So Dolan is going to fire Phil Jackson (and continue to pay him $12M for 3 more years) because he hates Kurt Rambis, then the Raptors are going to let Masai out of his contract, then Dolan is going to pay Masai another $12M or more a season...that's what some people are thinking will happen? Or even want to happen? (Not for the Raptors sake, Masai's)
                          So here's the real deal from my equally reliable *sources* ....

MLSE trades Masai to the Knicks for Porzingis and 10 future unprotected 1st round picks. Then Masai proceeds to f** up the Knicks faster than you can say Rob Babcock, and he gets fired halfway through the season. Presto! Masai is back with the Raps in time for the playoffs.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Oh my goodness, BC in Philly is going to abandon the "process" for shortcut solutions so fast it'll make your head spin. Do we have any veteran players we don't want and would trade for multiple lottery picks?
                            [QUOTE=golden;614910]So here's the real deal from my equally reliable *sources* ....

Scola, 1000 x Scola for their pick, unprotected

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Oh my goodness, BC in Philly is going to abandon the "process" for shortcut solutions so fast it'll make your head spin. Do we have any veteran players we don't want and would trade for multiple lottery picks?
                              Kyle Lowry for a lottery pick? Wait a second...

Comment

• A little foreshadowing?

Q: You’re outspoken, and your passion and mouth have got you in trouble with the league a couple of times. Have you learned from that?

Are there ways to do it better? I don’t know how you can curse better. [laughs] The scoldings I got still ring in my ears. I have learned from it. The first time, it galvanized our team. The second time, it ate me up, because I almost feel like I cost us the loss last year. When you do stuff like that it puts pressure. It killed me for a long time. Did I let the team down as a leader?

Q: What did you conclude?

I concluded that I’m a competitor. And, whatever happens, you keep leading. You can’t fear anybody. Why? Because at the end of the day, I might not be in this job a couple of years from now. I’m here to win.
                                http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/...-canadas-game/

Comment

Working...
                                X